Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Xbox One making bothersome noise, any solutions?

Hey guys, I've had an Xbox One for a while now and I've been having this noise issue for a long time now. Happens a lot when I am just watching videos on YouTube or browsing the web. Doesn't happen as often when I am gaming though. However, its really annoying and I just can't handle it much longer. Has anyone had this problem and if so is there any fix for this? Anything is greatly appreciated! Here's a video I made to show you guys the squeaking noise:
    http://youtu.be/by6nxzoRzvw

Edit: On my Tablet/Xbox, wouldn't let me put the video in my thread but there's the link.
    Last edited by BarelyLegalBear; 2014-10-23 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a fan going out to me, almost like dry bearings. Not sure if Xbones fans have bearings in them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    sounds like a fan going out to me, almost like dry bearings. Not sure if Xbones fans have bearings in them though.
    I'm just not sure if i should send it back in or if any update is possibly going to fix it. Heard some people say the October Update fixed it on another website (can't remember the name) but i'm not sure because mines still doing it. I've had it since December of last year though..

Computer machine + rickety noise while running = fan breakdown.

10+ Year Old Account
    First and foremost guess would be a fan bearing but I've had a PSU make a similar ticking noise before it went boom.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Computer machine + rickety noise while running = fan breakdown.
    You think sending it in would be the best thing for me to do? I'm considering it but i'd hate for it to be gone because i'll have nothing to do. Will a new Xbox fix this or is it going to happen with every Xbox One i get?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Survivor View Post
    You think sending it in would be the best thing for me to do? I'm considering it but i'd hate for it to be gone because i'll have nothing to do. Will a new Xbox fix this or is it going to happen with every Xbox One i get?
    A new xbox might be a good idea but if the warranty on your current xbox is valid you can send it in and they should fix it for free you might have to still pay for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    A new xbox might be a good idea but if the warranty on your current xbox is valid you can send it in and they should fix it for free you might have to still pay for shipping.
    What he said.

I would try to get your current one fixed before buying a new one. How long have you had it? Id be reluctant to buy a new one if I only had it like 6months and was already breaking.

Granted my issue was a bit different, but my disc drive stopped reading discs. They sent me a new xbox and then took a charge of $15 down as a place holder in case I didn't send my broken one back(to then charge $500 for). I guess some people tried scamming them before, but either way they may just send you a new one and tell you to return your old one in the same box.

Sounds like the fan rubbing on something, If its not under warranty then open it up and check.

Sell it and buy a PS4 instead

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like some fan issue... like it's blocked by something. Maybe some little screw got loose?

...Pss, buy a Nintendo console. They never break.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sorcerer View Post
    Looks like some fan issue... like it's blocked by something. Maybe some little screw got loose?

This. My little brother had my wii for several years and that thing has been dropped on hard wood floor several times and had apple juice spilled on it and that fucker is still kickin' like it was brand new (though, sticky.)
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    This. My little brother had my wii for several years and that thing has been dropped on hard wood floor several times and had apple juice spilled on it and that fucker is still kickin' like it was brand new (though, sticky.)
    I am pretty sure they come sticky in the box :}.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    I was playing mario kart wii on my wii, my cousin pulled the Gamecube controller, the console fell on the floor (ceramic), my brother won the match while I was looking desperate at the console, without noticing that it was still running.

On topic: Fan issue!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was playing mario kart wii on my wii, my cousin pulled the Gamecube controller, the console fell on the floor (ceramic), my brother won the match while I was looking desperate at the console, without noticing that it was still running.

On topic: Fan issue!
    Awesome, my Xbox is still under warranty until the 26th of November. Going to send it the standard way and hope they fix the issue or at least give me a new system. The sound is annoying as hell!

This was true until the later models of the Wii and the 3ds.

Late Wii models, 3DSs and Wii Us have all kinds of common problems.

Hell the issues with the Wii U and 3DSs are the reason amazon doesn't sell nintendo hardware anymore at all, as nintendo was in a tissy about sending them replacements.(and before someone links a 3rd party sold item on amazon, we are talking shipped and sold by amazon).

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Hell the issues with the Wii U and 3DSs are the reason amazon doesn't sell nintendo hardware anymore at all, as nintendo was in a tissy about sending them replacements.(and before someone links a 3rd party sold item on amazon, we are talking shipped and sold by amazon).
    Edit: Nvm just noticed that...never new that at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Don't know who lied to you but amazon dose still sell nintendo hardware.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-C...Nintendo+wii+u

Just saying.
    Did you even read the end of my post?

Hint: Sold by Happy Ranger (No Tax) and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Amazon ships it, they don't sell it.

Compare to http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-...2&keywords=ps4

Hint: Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

Beyond all this, do you really think AMAZON is selling something ABOVE MSRP? LOL. You could of at least linked a 3rd party seller selling at or below MSRP.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-10-23 at 04:44 AM.