someone asked on twitter about slow trap launcher speed

10+ Year Old Account
    "Chaining CC is a part of WoW PvP. It's definitely part of the design"

need to make up their mind....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Chaining it isn't against their design, but they don't want you to endlessly chain hundreds of differing Crowd Controls. CC is part of PvP, and as long as players have a tiny amount of brain power they're going to chain various CC's together for the best use.

You can avoid traps, that's part of the skill, but it's also skillful play to execute one CC and drop another on them, keeping them out of the fight for longer.

But wasn't the point of making it instantly arm so you wouldn't need scatter to land it? The entire point was that hunters could chain too much of their OWN CC. But every hunter ever said scatter was necessary to land a trap successfully. So they took away Scatter, while assuring hunters "Hey, you won't need scatter to land a trap."

But now you need CC to land a trap. Which is what they said you wouldn't need.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    But wasn't the point of making it instantly arm so you wouldn't need scatter to land it?
    Yeah, they expressly told us that Scatter was going away because the traps were perfectly usable without it. We got the old bait and switch.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

You can also see scattershot being cut due to the CC removal across the board...
    Still prefer the new traplaunching than the old one. Travel time is reduced by distance, so you can instant CC someone that is in proximity.
    And you can aim in advance. Its probably still easier to land a trap now than with with the old trap launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Yeah, they expressly told us that Scatter was going away because the traps were perfectly usable without it. We got the old bait and switch.
    They generally were. Scatter went away because it served fantastically as an additional interrupt.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with this statement is that it is only Hunter's that has a completely avoidable CC, while anyone else MIGHT have facing requirements on theirs.

But wasn't the point of making it instantly arm so you wouldn't need scatter to land it? The entire point was that hunters could chain too much of their OWN CC. But every hunter ever said scatter was necessary to land a trap successfully. So they took away Scatter, while assuring hunters "Hey, you won't need scatter to land a trap."

But now you need CC to land a trap. Which is what they said you wouldn't need.
    Could not hae said it better myself

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters requiring a bit more skills now, that can only be a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Hunters requiring a bit more skills now, that can only be a good thing.
    Meanwhile, all the other cc is /target, /cast. lol
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Meanwhile, all the other cc is /target, /cast. lol
    And also often with cast times that can be interrupted / LOS'd, positional requirements (close range or flat out melee), longer CDs, etc.

I'm not saying I agree with the sort of bait and switch they did with removing scattershot and just sort of moving the arming time over to travel time, but it isn't that simple. I don't know that it would be fair to have an always instant cast no travel time no arming time freezing trap, even if it seemed that was what they wanted to give us in the past when they said they were canning scatter. Perhaps they discussed it more internally and decided it wasn't, either.

Maybe a tradeoff of sorts - an ability with a 1-1.5 minute cooldown that makes the next fired trap have no travel time. That way you don't always have it, but you can have it when it's crucial. And you also don't have scatter which served as an additional CC in situations where you did not need to use it to prime a freeze. Either way, it's better to make suggestions for improvement than just complain.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

From a design standpoint, I can understand the point they're addressing. In SV in WoD, the CD would be 15s - having an instant cast/instant landing CC on a 15s CD would be intensely OP.

What I do care about was the disingenuous way they went about changing it, saying the point wasn't to make it hard to land a trap, but to remove long, personal CC chains. Now you need to spend your level 30 talent just to land your trap. Or coordinate with a teammate to land your only major loss-of-control CC.

From a design standpoint, I can understand the point they're addressing. In SV in WoD, the CD would be 15s - having an instant cast/instant landing CC on a 15s CD would be intensely OP.

What I do care about was the disingenuous way they went about changing it, saying the point wasn't to make it hard to land a trap, but to remove long, personal CC chains. Now you need to spend your level 30 talent just to land your trap. Or coordinate with a teammate to land your only major loss-of-control CC.
    Can't speak for anyone else but I would gladly give it up for a better, more reliable form of cc. Heck they could even bump it to 1min cooldown and it would still be better than what it is now. But to be honest I never liked that trap launcher from day one. It seemed like a lame gimmick/band-aid that did not really fix the inherit problems that traps had to begin with.