Returning to WoW on NEW account - Should I bother leveling or just boost?

I am not sure if boosting is a good idea as in the past when I played WoW I always enjoyed the leveling part of WoW. It would seem awkward to just come back to the game on be right at the level cap instantly. But then again I am not sure how the leveling process is now-days. I obviously will not have BOAs and I've leveled dozens of characters in the past on my old original account.

I am 100% sure I want to come back as a Orc Destruction Warlock for WoD.

Boost using the WoD key; only a few weeks left to get geared up to 550, get your title/pet and relearn your rotation before heading out into Draenor. As it stands now, leveling is easier but still takes about a month without looms. Also, check the forums and apply for a guild fast; you'll need friends.

Whatever floats your boat.

If you don't plan on going hard for pve or pvp do whatever makes you happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell you what to do.

Questing leveling is really fast this patch.
    Dungeon leveling is much much faster.

If you do buy a boost, I'd recommend getting to 60, then using the boost. If you wait until 60, you'll get both of your professions and first aid to level 600 (current max).

Get to 60, choose 2 professions, then use your free Warlords boost. I believe the higher your profession skill in Warlords, the more mats you get from your daily cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to make it easier on yourself by learning the class over time, then level, if not just boost.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    If you want to make it easier on yourself by learning the class over time, then level, if not just boost.
    You really don't learn anything leveling that 5 minutes of reading the class forum here won't tell you.

OP you get a free boost with WoD, may as well use it. That way if you level more toons you have a 90 that can help protect against gankers as well as farm gold, boas etc etc. The boost gives you epic flying and all the stuff you normaly use your leveling gold to buy anyway. You say you have leveled many toons in the past so you are not missing anything by boosting. Just read some of blizzards fresh 90 guides and gearing up guides to set you on the right path.

If you have enjoyed leveling in the past I would level as high as you can before WoD and boost if you don't make it in time to do whatever you want at 90. Hopefully you'd make it to at least 60 for the profession boosts others have mentioned. If you want to do the warlock green fire quest for the title and feat of strength (I think I read it's still in till the expac launches?) I'd give yourself a little time to get some basic gear and time to either get the tome to drop or gold to buy it.

I'd suggest boosting honestly. I hate leveling.. so that's just my opinion lol.

Use the free boost. You won't learn anything during leveling, so unless you like it (and it's kind of hard to like it in its current form, especially after squish which made it faster but somewhat strange / pointless), don't do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    If you do buy a boost, I'd recommend getting to 60, then using the boost. If you wait until 60, you'll get both of your professions and first aid to level 600 (current max).
    I think maxing professions takes less time than getting to level 60. Including time to farm gold.

The leveling game is in the best shape it's been for a long time, imo. The combination of lots of returning people and expanded CRZ means most outdoor zones are packed on most servers. In fact, 1-60 (which I just finished and then boosted from) is more packed than I have seen any time since vanilla. Of course this means significant spawn competition and lots of world PVP.

Dungeons have been buffed so you actually feel like you're in a group again, rather than the goal being to just pull whole rooms efficiently for AoE. As said doing each dungeon once on LFD is the fastest way to level atm. At least if you're a tank and can chain dungeons. Edit: in case you're wondering, it took me a little under 50 hours to do 1-60 without any heirlooms, and I did not know most of the revamped zones or try to be particularly efficient, left the game on making dinner, etc.

Either that sounds fun or you just want to get to max level. Personally I don't regret doing 1-60 at all, hadn't done those dungeons in many years and I don't have a guild I'm rushing to join. But you aren't missing *that* much if you just boost past it, either.
    Last edited by Nissl; 2014-10-23 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boost leveling is lame and boring.