Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It will be slower in live due to competition / ganking. But I am glad that there is option to level up faster this time (MoP is too slow, I hated leveling this expansion)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Question is why?

Im sure people like that bloke are the first to whinge there is no content.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Didn't Athene do it in MoP in 6 hours? I know he used his friends, but could it have taken that much longer without them? Speedlevelers are gonna speedlevel, right?
    He got banned as far as I remember, well not banned but XP reseted plus that kind of level up doesn't count as "world first".

A true world first is a player who hasn't tested the quests in Beta (so he is new to the quests). That way you are alone with yourself and your skills / brain to level up as fast as possible out of a NEW X pack.

Anythign else I call bs

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a reason for this to be nerfed. It's not like there are realm firsts in leveling anymore.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    At any given point, max level is the smallest slice of content there is, with the highest repetition factor. Depressing, but completely true.
    This is incorrect in blizzards eyes and in terms of the quality of content. Max level content is (intentionally) much higher quality than leveling content, and blizzard has directly stated that the game starts at max level, a mantra common on the forums since I've been using them (TBC).

Actually, very few do. And the ones that do aren't going about it like this.
    You stating there aren't a lot and in fact very few, where whole games are built SOLELY on speed runs, and thousands upon thousands of players (read: a lot) level up with frenzied pace to max level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    I don't see a reason for this to be nerfed. It's not like there are realm firsts in leveling anymore.
    Agree with you and probably won't happen. Only thing we may see is reduced exp from treasures / objectives.. but even then I doubt it since those are both perks of the zone and by reducing the exp gained will make it less of an incentive complete them.

11 characters - each 6 hours... still a lot to do
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Since there are no realm first achievements anymore, no matter how exploitative the leveling method, who really cares? I say more power to you if this is how you want to level.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say I encourage and I'm happy that people have found ways to efficiently level as I have a ton of alts and I'm not going to enjoy 80 hours of game time getting my horde alts to 100. If it's a year-long expansion, then some of my alts will just be left behind completely. I like playing a lot of characters and it would disappoint me to have to throw away some chances to experience some classes at level cap if things like this get nerfed.

Deleted
    5 hours, sounds nice. Taking a vacation just for the WoD release. Can easily cap my toons during a week like this .

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    He's not exploiting, just better optimized routes.

The Inn Keeper in your Garrison offers a 20% increased exp potion from mobs / quests for 100 Garrison resources.

i wonder if it's worth to save it when wod hit live where ppl going to swarm like crazy killing/questing/everywhere. Does it stack more than one? :3

doesn't matter if it's fast. nothing of substance is gained from hitting 100 that quickly instead of the next day or two.

I for one plan to take my time, hopefully we won't see another 2 years between expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I really hope around 6-7 hours is the average, could knock out 90-100 in a day and get multiple characters to max level really fast. Would be pretty awesome if that were the case.
    And then sit around and do jack shit because you can't raid right away and the pvp zones will be empty.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I believe, though I could be incorrect, that leveling potion persists through death. So don't need to worry if on PVP realm.

- - - Updated - - -

There are a few advantages of speed runs:

1. Some people enjoy it. Even if you don't, some do.

2. It allows you to get in front of the crowd on launch day.

3. For those who don't have much time on their hands, it's very useful. For those who do organized PVP and PvE, many don't have tons of time to optimize before season/raids open.

4. While raids don't open for 2.5 weeks, have you seen how much effort is needed to craft gear? It's a good idea to get started early on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    And then sit around and do jack shit because you can't raid right away and the pvp zones will be empty.
    do dungeons? do proving grounds? get profession stuff made? do the max level stuff in each zone? work on your garrison? Hello?

Deleted
    The faster my first char is 100, the better.

Where did the "get to max level and nothing to do" come from? There's plenty to do at max level solo. In Cata, no. But plenty in WoD.

While I personally won't be speed running to max level (probably will be doing the story lines as they give followers), I certainly see the benefits of it. Especially going after the TLPDs of Draenor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Getting ahead of the curve is pretty much a must on my server.

Questing will be FUCKING UNPLAYABLE on Silvermoon for few days (or even weeks) after launch. So better get it done over with asap, then level up an alt 3 months later and actually enjoy leveling. Worked for me in MOP, will work in WOD.

Deleted
    hope it will take me around 12. Hate lvling .

Nice guide! Thanks for sharing, also love that he even added the engineering tricks in there for min/max