Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I just hope ele shamans are better at 100.
    Spoiler Alert: They're worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Current state as it seems:
    - no actual mana regeneration during combat
    - one of the lowest DPS for both specs
    - no elem/enha unique utility in WoD
    - can cast up to 5 heals before permanently out of mana (until combat is over)
    - weakest off-heals out of all hybrid dps specs
    - seemingly we lost our "big" healing CDs like AG and HTT

Okay.
    That could have gone a bit better...
    Add to that:
    - Extremly low burst in PvP
    - Extremly low survivability in PvP
    - No CC to speak of, Earthgrab/Frozen power actually get broken by Ele Mastery. Frog requires you to damage another target first or wait till Mastery ran out.
    - Melees extremly strong, which has always been bad for elemental.
    - Extremly low sustained dmg in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Spoiler Alert: They're worse.
    Yes, this isn't even funny anymore at this point. By now I kinda expect on Blizzard that something along this line will happen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwXNkU7539c&t=0m35s and they then declare all the shaman changes for WoD to be one elaborate prank before showing us the real shaman changes. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Add to that:
    - Extremly low burst in PvP
    - Extremly low survivability in PvP
    - No CC to speak of, Earthgrab/Frozen power actually get broken by Ele Mastery. Frog requires you to damage another target first or wait till Mastery ran out.
    - Melees extremly strong, which has always been bad for elemental.
    - Extremly low sustained dmg in PvP.

Yes, this isn't even funny anymore at this point. By now I kinda expect on Blizzard that something along this line will happen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwXNkU7539c&t=0m35s and they then declare all the shaman changes for WoD to be one elaborate prank before showing us the real shaman changes. :|
    All of those things are true, but to say we are extremely low in everything is a little overboard. I dont get why your complaining about shaman cc when it has never been that good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I dearly hope that blizzard is not forcing shaman DPS specs to play like pure DPS specs, where we just focus on DPS without the "hybrid" off-healing or utility...
    That's precisely it...even mages have better utility now. Will hurt even more in stuff like 5-man HC's (if they're more like Cata's), challenge modes, soloing (anything at all) and don't even think about trying an out-of-spec proving grounds anymore.

One of the many reasons I'm not playing WoD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zixan View Post
    yes, Enhance gets 5 hardcasted heals, but their heals are meant to be used with MSW. When used then, they're instant, uninterruptable, massive, and cost nothing.

Feral has to either come out of form to heal, or pick a talent that they might not otherwise want to take..

look at the whole picture, not the one that lets you cry the hardest.
    Feral has a thing where if they use an ability at 5 combo points, they get a 100% chance to make their next heal instant cast, free, and castable in any form. 4 combo points is 80%, 3 is 60%, etc. They can't just cast heals whenever they want. Enhancement shamans do much the same thing with maelstrom weapon.

Seems blizzard was tired of hearing how ele/enh shamans solo heal LFR with their amazing bag of tricks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    All of those things are true, but to say we are extremely low in everything is a little overboard. I dont get why your complaining about shaman cc when it has never been that good.
    Why not? Just because "it's been always like that" isn't a good excuse especially when we lost so much of the stuff we actually had. With the CC we currently have, we can't get away from most melees. Which means actually getting to do damage of which we do very little becomes even harder, unless you want to stand there and cast right in their face.

Deleted
    Ele and Enh are dps specs, that do dps. You have healers in your team to heal.
    If you're healing so much that you go OOM you're team is obviously doing something wrong somewhere. That ain't the fault of "bad" class design, it's your own fault.
    DPS DPS, Healers Heal, it's as simple as that. If you want to do more healing, go Resto

To the OP:
    Having low mana-regen and low mana-cost dps abilities, while also having high mana-cost heals is something Blizz put in to even out the Hybrids.
    You can do some healing to be able to be some sort of help when it's needed, but you can't just stand there being all awesome on the dps meters and be super on the healing meters also, now that's bad class design and they fixed that.

Same goes for healers btw but then the other way around; they can do some dps but they can't sustain it for all too long because they will go OOM very quickly.

Deleted
    Listen to the mage above me, guys. We were OP and got fixed for good. No irony there. We deserved it. Oh yeah, and they definitely should buff mages. They deserve it.

Dude, stop smoking that shit.

Deleted
    I look at that mage above me and I see NOTHING absolutely nothing there even remotely suggesting he has any idea what he's talking about.

Deleted
    I look at that mage above me and I see NOTHING absolutely nothing there even remotely suggesting he has any idea what he's talking about.
    "That mage" switched to a Shaman. I was topping the dps meters at loads of fights in SoO Heroic 2 nights ago with Ele and threw out some heals here and there (as it's suposed to be), without going oom. So, yea. I think Shamans are just fine.

Deleted
    Dude, every fuckin' shaman is doing that right now. You know why? Because it is the end of expansion, Blizz doesn't care about lvl 90 balance and everybody's ilvl and stats are inflated.

Nobody here cares about lvl 90 performance. It's about lvl 100 and class utility.

You may throw out some heals but others have utility far beyond that, which can be very useful for dealing with certain mechanics. So, if our dmg is not competitive (as it looks like right now), we're just dead weight.

I have my raid spot, if I don't bench myself (what I did on certain bosses during MoP), but it simply isn't fun, you know?

Fortunately, they still got some time left for some number tuning and already made a small step.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonore View Post
    "That mage" switched to a Shaman. I was topping the dps meters at loads of fights in SoO Heroic 2 nights ago with Ele and threw out some heals here and there (as it's suposed to be), without going oom. So, yea. I think Shamans are just fine.
    Said mage did free loot mode aka previous normal in 6.0.2 with completely messed up class mechanics, over inflated mastery doing 20-40% of damage and managed to be the least worst out of his group of baddies. I'm so goddamn impressed right now.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by mmoc63fa3da953; 2014-10-30 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    Said mage did free loot mode aka previous normal in 6.0.2 with completely messed up class mechanics, over inflated mastery doing 20-40% of damage and managed to be the least worst out of his group of baddies. I'm so goddamn impressed right now.

[Infracted]
    Myea, it was allready free loot mode for months. And all classes are messed up and over inflated. If you want to hate just because you want to hate that's okay.
    Anyway, I'm going to have a blast in Warlords, on my Shammie