Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wonder how old I will be when I die. Not necessarily me, but someone at the age of 23 today. My goal is 100, but I think 150-200 may be possible by the time I reach those ages. My grandchildren may live to be 3-400 years old. I do not think we will ever be fully immortal. If I make it to 100 Ill die happy. At 100 I will have seen the colonization of Mars at least so I can live with that. Or die with that rather.
    I rather wish people would just die when they hit 80. We've infested this earth enough as it is. We don't need to have 6 generations of the same family living at the same time..
    Yes, I am the cheery guy that love old people (Yeah they are probably nice to have, and yes I got old people in my family (around 80), and I can see how much their body is failing, brains are melting, and shit is going on. What is the fun in that?)
    If however, they would make some miracle pill that make us reach 200+ years old, then I freaking hope we can have our 30-ish old body. I really don't want to be a walking zombie, where my body is rotting away and my brain is all mush.

AND that pill should make you sterile. Make people do the choice - live forever, but never get any children, or get children and live forever in the family name instead.

I do however hope we can manage to clone old animals! Bring back the mighty nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post

You havent been keeping tabs on tech progression. They are already working on uploading your mind into computer chips. WHEEEEEEEEE cant wait to see how that ends up.
    I'm not sure if that'll work though, it creates an almost philosophical dilemma. Is what you're transferring to the computer chip really your conscience, or just a copy of it? Will the "real you" be "left behind" in your body, only to have a robot that thinks it's you because it has the memories, experiences, etc?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm not sure if that'll work though, it creates an almost philosophical dilemma. Is what you're transferring to the computer chip really your conscience, or just a copy of it? Will the "real you" be "left behind" in your body, only to have a robot that thinks it's you because it has the memories, experiences, etc?
    no it will not, it will answer a philosophical dilemma
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So it can live its life in a zoo for our pathetic source of entertainment? Yeah, totally worth it..../sigh
    you´re right, if i had the choice between staying extinct or being resurrected just to live in a zoo i would obviously don´t choose at all because i´m fucking extinct right now!
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Why are you trying to see it from the mammoths pov?
    Because that's the one that will be caged at a zoo? I would just go and visit it, look at it, then get bored because it just stands there. Like any other poor animal trapped in a cage.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are you trying to see it from the mammoths pov?
    that was my best guess for why it´s pathetic in your view

could we possibly learn something from resurrecting an extinct animal, nooo of course not, it´s just for entertainment

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's just for entertainment. It's not like they'll set them free in the wild if they bring them back. They'll keep them in a caged enclosure to be "studied" and lil Timmy will be able to visit and say he saw a "real" mammoth.

A prehistoric animal like that shouldn't be brought back just so we can study it like some caged lab rat.
    why not? /10

Of course it's just for entertainment. It's not like they'll set them free in the wild if they bring them back. They'll keep them in a caged enclosure to be "studied" and lil Timmy will be able to visit and say he saw a "real" mammoth.

A prehistoric animal like that shouldn't be brought back just so we can study it like some caged lab rat.
    The knowledge scientist could get from this might be useful in the future. A reason why cutting down tropical forests is catastrophic is because it destroys the environment of many plants and animals, that may very well have cures for diseases etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    why not? /10
    Because it is an animal, and we know Winter Blossom likes animals when we see her Unicorn!

I'd say study the shit out of the mammoth, clone another one, study that one as well. Then when we've cloned enough, put them out in the wilderness where they will most likely die in a couple of weeks because they got no clue how to live out there. They would after all, be born and raised in a cage, where they will be fed and cared for.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I rather wish people would just die when they hit 80. We've infested this earth enough as it is. We don't need to have 6 generations of the same family living at the same time..
    Yes, I am the cheery guy that love old people (Yeah they are probably nice to have, and yes I got old people in my family (around 80), and I can see how much their body is failing, brains are melting, and shit is going on. What is the fun in that?)
    If however, they would make some miracle pill that make us reach 200+ years old, then I freaking hope we can have our 30-ish old body. I really don't want to be a walking zombie, where my body is rotting away and my brain is all mush.

AND that pill should make you sterile. Make people do the choice - live forever, but never get any children, or get children and live forever in the family name instead.

I do however hope we can manage to clone old animals! Bring back the mighty nature.
    Simply make them sign a contract stating that they will not reproduce in exchange for immortality and if they fail to comply they will be terminated
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd already made Canada's new flag in anticipation.

Next year they can get rid of that silly leaf once and for all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd already made Canada's new flag in anticipation.

-Snip_

Next year they can get rid of that silly leaf once and for all.
    Think about the Syrup!!!

if we get them back in a breeding population, will they have to be only zoo animals? how would releasing them impact the ecosystem of the area they're released in?

i'm all for bringing them back, the thought of being able to undo our mistakes is amazing. i'd prefer we start off with more modern extinctions first though, ones that the ecosystem hasn't already adapted to being without.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if we get them back in a breeding population, will they have to be only zoo animals? how would releasing them impact the ecosystem of the area they're released in?

i'm all for bringing them back, the thought of being able to undo our mistakes is amazing. i'd prefer we start off with more modern extinctions first though, ones that the ecosystem hasn't already adapted to being without.
    Not enough samples for that, If we could simply clone whole populations back to life animals going extinct wouldn't be a problem. Then you'd have dodo birds and other recently exterminated species all over the place.