Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

LFR GEAR required for raiding

New item level 655 Raid Finder sets have been added, along with set bonuses. These sets are 6 slots rather than 5.

Now ofc ppl will say you don't rly "HAVE TO" get 2 set of the LFR together with the 4 set of Heroic but the combo of 2 set from LFR "boots" + "sholders/gloves" vs any normal or heroic pieces will most probably be better.

Fun fun fun

Looking at all the 2pc bonuses they are just stat boosts and there is a good chance that the simple stat upgrade that comes naturally from going LFR to heroic will probably overtake that stat increase pretty easily. I don't think it will be worth it in the end.

Hardcore raiders were already going to run LFR for the first tier. Short of it coming out a month after Mythic there is no way to prevent that.

The sets just give it more of a bonus incentive
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

10+ Year Old Account
    Lfr players will want this set.
    Normal mode raiders will want the 2 piece bonus.
    Heroic raiders wont want this set as the gear is terrible. They may run it early on in the first tier, but not again later in the expansion.
    Mythic is the same as heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Lfr players will want this set.
    Normal mode raiders will want the 2 piece bonus.
    Heroic raiders wont want this set as the gear is terrible. They may run it early on in the first tier, but not again later in the expansion.
    Mythic is the same as heroic.
    The gear is not terrible. It is decent/good.

The 4-set bonuses are strong enough to warrant pushing this. However, won't LFR release several weeks after the normals/heroics and some time after mythics open?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Are you REAL raider? -> Do LFR with your group.

Are you player who is not raider? -> Do LFR with people you don't know.

What's the problem? No one forces anyone to do LFR with random groups, because if you're raider then it's no problem to do raids on lowest tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    The 4-set bonuses are strong enough to warrant pushing this. However, won't LFR release several weeks after the normals/heroics and some time after mythics open?
    I believe it's two weeks after the Norm/HC opens up? It'll also put it a week after Mythic. And that will only be the first wing. No clue when the other wings open up. Garrosh LFR wasn't available until a month later.

Deleted
    I think you're talking about having the 2-set from LFR and another 2+4-set from Norm / HC and effectively getting the 2 set bonus (125 of a main stat iirc) twice. Which isn't possible since if i recall correct, the LFR set combines with the Norm / HC set. So you'll just get 6/6 of the set.

EDIT: Never mind, just read here that it's becoming a set on it's own. My bad.

I think the difference between ilvls and therefore stats will make HC player's go for heroic pieces rather than LFR gear. The increase in also secondary stats like haste / mastery / crit etc. will make the difference.
    Last edited by mmocd89b38a2e7; 2014-10-23 at 08:52 AM. Reason: I'm stupid

Deleted
    For example the 2P Plate healing gear gives 125 spirit.This is a fairly decent amount, you will probably want to get that over x2 HC pieces since you can also get x2 of your Tier pieces along that, then over time, you will replace the 2 LFR pieces, pref. for 4P Tier HC/Mythic, or x2 Mythic items, but I doubt the 2P will be worth swapping out for a HC piece for most classes.Yes, you will have to do, *some* LFR as it stands now, at the start.But that's about it.

One week, guys. LFR opens one week after normal and heroic. Same time as mythic. Please stop perpetuating the myth that it won't open for ages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    One week, guys. LFR opens one week after normal and heroic. Same time as mythic. Please stop perpetuating the myth that it won't open for ages.
    Dont forget that is gated.You will have 4 bosses at frst week (or3) and i do not think that they will drop 2 pts of LFR set.The set can help you in late stages but i do not expect to be like "need to have it".Beside that blizz wont left the 2set bonus too strong to force mythic players to look after it
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2014-10-23 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Correct.
    And by that point in time, serious raiders will have cleared highmaul 4 times already, 2x in nhc, 2x in hc, and have no need for this crap gear at all.

Will there be other raiders? Ofc. And they will demand to bring LFR gear to join their nhc PUGs. That, however, is the communities fault, not Blizzards.

Deleted
    Also, at ilvl 655, isn't it likely that these drop from Foundry, not Highmaul (certainly in T14, tier in all difficulties only dropped from the later raids). By the time Foundry comes out serious raiders are going to be in a mixture of hc and mythic gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR gear required for raiding, weeks after raids have been opened? Ok.

For extremely casual raiding teams, that barely clear Normal/Heroic, then maybe. And even then, heroic gear will be far superior to these sets simply due to the sheer stat difference, the boni won't make up for that, not in the new stat system.

Deleted
    I would imagine they will make it so you can't get the bonus from the LFR set if you already have a bonus from the Tier set. Didn't they do this with PvP gear or something, when people used to get 2 set bonuses from 2 different sets (like Balance & Resto)?

Oh so they added a semi tier set for LFR? Cool I did advocate it ages ago that they should make a very simple set for LFR give it basic bonuses etc. For anyone raiding Normal and Heroic LFR gear is not required. If you are doing it its under your own steam. For those doing cutting edge it might be optimal to fill out any gear slots if your RNG is bad or on some alts. But since its only one wing opened and the wing will be the only one for a while due to blizzards designs (releasing one wing then delaying other wings so players run the first one a few times etc). I don't think its a huge issue.

I certainly won't raid LFR if I can avoid it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Are you REAL raider? -> Do LFR with your group.

Are you player who is not raider? -> Do LFR with people you don't know.

What's the problem? No one forces anyone to do LFR with random groups, because if you're raider then it's no problem to do raids on lowest tier.
    1) Some people don't want to do LFR at all.
    2) You're not gonna get 25 people together to run LFR all at the same time, and even if, it would only make the experience slightly more bearable, it would still be pretty boring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wildeabandon View Post
    Also, at ilvl 655, isn't it likely that these drop from Foundry, not Highmaul (certainly in T14, tier in all difficulties only dropped from the later raids). By the time Foundry comes out serious raiders are going to be in a mixture of hc and mythic gear.
    I think that's the important point for Mythic raiders.

The lfr sets will probably be slightly more appealing to tanks and healers due to the 2P bonuses been bonus armor or spirit which is otherwise only available on jewellery, cloaks, and trinkets.
    Even so I doubt any Mythic raiders or many heroic raiders will feel the need to run BRF lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    1) Some people don't want to do LFR at all.
    Don't do it then... problem solved. By running heroics until normal-mode is open you should have more than capable gear to start progressing without needing LFR.