Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I just made weak auras to replace affdots since I didn't expect anyone to maintain it.

My WA's just yell at me in obnoxious red if I don't have something up.

If you don't feel like just making a WA for some reason that tracks emberbits and fury at exact numbers.
    If you wanna make one for us instead of being a smartass at someone for trying to help, be my guest!

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    If you wanna make one for us instead of being a smartass at someone for trying to help, be my guest!

Damn speciesist people discriminating against me.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    I personally use ElvUI for dot tracking, and it seems to work fine for me.

Plus their new AFK feature is awesomeeeeeee.
    have to +1 this
    elvui dot tracking is great
    and afk feature scared me at one point

My advice for keeping up immolate is simple

Just watch it. Seriously. Its one dot.

I'm beginning to see why blizzard needed to prune us down. What did you guys do in the days of 5+ dots?

Sheesh.

Download needtoknow. It is the best addon that is available and easy to use.

Best post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    My advice for keeping up immolate is simple

Just watch it. Seriously. Its one dot.

I'm beginning to see why blizzard needed to prune us down. What did you guys do in the days of 5+ dots?

Sheesh.
    Whats the point of your post?

Quote Originally Posted by fguru482 View Post
    Download needtoknow. It is the best addon that is available and easy to use.

Best post

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the point of your post?

The point of my post? Blizzard has provided a tool for us to keep dots up. It's the debuff frame below enemy portraits. Immolate appears as a small green or yellow graphic with a timer on it when you apply to a mob. When this timer is about to run out, you re-apply.

Sorry, but it's hard not to be condescending when the answers are right there in front of you.

I use Ellipsis to track my dots on multiple targets. Raven to track buffs and debuffs. But yes, tracking a single dot should be easy enough with minimal effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    The point of my post? Blizzard has provided a tool for us to keep dots up. It's the debuff frame below enemy portraits. Immolate appears as a small green or yellow graphic with a timer on it when you apply to a mob. When this timer is about to run out, you re-apply.

Sorry, but it's hard not to be condescending when the answers are right there in front of you.
    Too small, no filtering, no sorting or organising. etc.
    Because some player decides the default suits them personally, it does not mean the default is perfect for everyone.
    Some people use the default more to try and prove a point, because they stubbornly refuse to see that addons offer choice.

I personally find progress bars a lot easier to read overall progress on and to gauge in a hurry than I do icons with numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because some player decides the default suits them personally, it does not mean the default is perfect for everyone.

and

[snip] ... addons offer choice.
    This is it really. Even Blizzard understand this concept hence why they allow addons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Some people use the default more to try and prove a point, because they stubbornly refuse to see that addons offer choice.

I personally find progress bars a lot easier to read overall progress on and to gauge in a hurry than I do icons with numbers.
    While I certainly won't defend blizzards default UI and dot tracker as being optimal, it's certainly enough to maintain higher than 30% uptime or whatever. I know I spent an awful long time using the default UI long, long ago, and my DOT uptime was never as tragic.

You use what you have.
    If that's icons from affdots or whatever, watch t hat.
    If it's custom bars, watch those.
    If it's the default UI, you watch that, and I'll vehemently defend it as being good enough, though addons certainly improve it a lot by offering customization that you can tailor to be clearer and have better general raid awareness instead of watching the default ones which some people might struggle with.

That aside, I definitely agree that if you're not managing with the default (and 30% uptime certainly isn't managing), then you need to find something that works. I've also been a fan of bars as opposed to icons. I used to use dottimer (or was it dottracker?) back in the day, but switched to needtoknow since then since I adore how customizable and visually appealing it is.

I will also inform you that ForteXorcist is still working - some Russian guy is keeping it updated and it still works flawless - http://www.aleaaddons.ru/