Recount as a chat Tab

Cheers,

I'm looking for an addon/script that simply embeds (in a non destructive way) the Recount window in the blizz chat box. Does anyone know one?

I'm trying to minimize my UI and something like this would be extremely awesome!

Btw I know that ElvUI does it but as I've stated before, I don't want to change the overall look of my UI

Thank you in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigabyte View Post
    Cheers,

I'm looking for an addon/script that simply embeds (in a non destructive way) the Recount window in the blizz chat box. Does anyone know one?

I'm trying to minimize my UI and something like this would be extremely awesome!

Btw I know that ElvUI does it but as I've stated before, I don't want to change the overall look of my UI

Thank you in advance!
    Oh man, I never thought of that. I second this, this would be amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could probably get the name of the specific chat frame and if it's visible, show the recount/skada/details frame. I did something similar with scripted kgpanels a couple of years ago. I wouldn't be susprised if a WA could do it.
    All you're doing is simply overlaying the meters on the chat box area, but it could "look" like its embedded.

That's basically what the embed feature in AddOnSkins does (that's the actual addon that allows ElvUI and Tukui to embed both Skada and Recount). It doesn't truly embed the frame into the chat window but rather overlays it and hides the chat with a toggle to switch between the two.

You could probably take a look at Azilroka's code and contact him to see how hard it would be to break it out of it's Elv dependency. Outside of that, I'm not seeing many options.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Azulor View Post
    You could probably get the name of the specific chat frame and if it's visible, show the recount/skada/details frame. I did something similar with scripted kgpanels a couple of years ago. I wouldn't be susprised if a WA could do it.
    All you're doing is simply overlaying the meters on the chat box area, but it could "look" like its embedded.
    Not sure I've understood what you mean... are you suggesting to create a tab called "Recount", put the Recount frame into the chat frame and make Recount visible only when the "Recount Chat Tab" is selected? How am I supposed to do? Should I change the code of Recount or create a separate addon/script to do that?

That would be really good, but it would be perfect if I could drag the chat tab outside the chat box aswell, just in case I was asked by the raid leader to read the chat during certain fights ("use BL when I write it" etc.).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    That's basically what the embed feature in AddOnSkins does (that's the actual addon that allows ElvUI and Tukui to embed both Skada and Recount). It doesn't truly embed the frame into the chat window but rather overlays it and hides the chat with a toggle to switch between the two.

You could probably take a look at Azilroka's code and contact him to see how hard it would be to break it out of it's Elv dependency. Outside of that, I'm not seeing many options.
    Another good call, but that seems extremly complicated (I could ask the author to do it for me, but I'm sure he has other priorities :/ ).
    Anyway If I had to do it myself I think it would be way easier to make it from scrath than modifying someone else's code (actually I could use that addon as a model , but i'm not very good at reciclying others' codes xD )

I do something similar with kgPanels scripts.

This one is a button that toggles Skada and the minimap, but it could be modified to do the same thing with the chat.

OnClick:

Code:
    if pressed then
         if IsControlKeyDown() then
              if SkadaBarWindowMeter:IsVisible() then
                  SkadaBarWindowMeter:Hide()
              else
                  SkadaBarWindowMeter:Show()
    end
         else
              if Minimap:IsVisible() then
                   Minimap:Hide()
                   self.bg:SetVertexColor(.35, .91, 1, 1)
              else
                   Minimap:Show()
         end
    end
    end
    This toggles my minimap on click and Skada on ctrl + click.

Looks like this at the moment.