Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I'm disappointed with Garrisons.

Basically they don't feel as epic as they made out in blizz con when they announced player-housing.

I expected an actual house (like the one they had in Old runescape) for parking your characters/mounts/pets/gear and occaisonally having friends come over for tea.

Admittedly I haven't been on the beta but from the videos and guides (mmo) I read online I'm just not really sold on it.

Lets start with the name: "Garrison" not very cool imo makes it sound bland from the get go.

It also feels compulsory not sure if it's just me but what I understood from the video I watched was that proffs now work through the garrisons.

"Admittedly I haven't been on the beta but from the videos and guides (mmo) I read online I'm just not really sold on it."

I suggest you wait till you try it out and try to give up this notion of it being "housing". It's not housing but Garrisons make a lot of other systems in the game better such as questing, professions AND it gives you some cool minigames. It may not be what you wanted when you started fantasizing after BlizzCon but guess why developers are reluctant to give out information in early development processes? Because people complain when developers change things that the people hasn't even touched.

Try it out before you condemn it And try to keep an open mind

I never felt like it was player housing. More like a base of operations. I'm actually really hyped for Garrisons. Especially the follower and non profession related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    "Admittedly I haven't been on the beta but from the videos and guides (mmo) I read online I'm just not really sold on it."

I suggest you wait till you try it out and try to give up this notion of it being "housing". It's not housing but Garrisons make a lot of other systems in the game better such as questing, professions AND it gives you some cool minigames. It may not be what you wanted when you started fantasizing after BlizzCon but guess why developers are reluctant to give out information in early development processes? Because people complain when developers change things that the people hasn't even touched.

Okay, I've been in beta and I hate them too.

I'll do it, once, because I really don't have any choice and I'm a completionist. But I will hate it every step of the way.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    But I will hate it every step of the way.
    Why? What is hateful about the experience? (I haven't been on the beta). It sounds quite fun to me - something to work on in the end game that isn't raiding or pvp (good for downtimes and for solo play).

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post

I'll try it but I feel like I won't like it from all the videos I watched in the past day.

Will it be a big time investment?

Could I skip it?

Are proffession bonuses linked to it somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Lets start with the name: "Garrison" not very cool imo makes it sound bland from the get go.
    And 'housing' is such an awesome term why exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    And 'housing' is such an awesome term why exactly?
    I never said housing was an awesome name but at least it's to the point.

Garrison makes it sound very anti-homey if you know what I mean. When you say garrison my mind doesn't jump to my in-game house/farm/play-pen.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It isn't meant to. It's called a Garrison for a reason.
    That's very confusing.

I'm pretty certain the Blizzard used the phrase player-housing even in the recent WoD trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Why? What is hateful about the experience? (I haven't been on the beta). It sounds quite fun to me - something to work on in the end game that isn't raiding or pvp (good for downtimes and for solo play).
    People don't like how the Profession buildings are working. Also I believe the reduced plot count that happened a month or so ago made it even harder to experience all the buildings in a Garrison whilst still keeping the ones you felt were mandatory but now it feels like if you want to keep certain buildings for your main and experience all the other stuff then you are going to have level an alt's garrison as well. Also some people have some gripes with exactly how integrated almost forced they are in the levelling and end game questing.

I'll try it but I feel like I won't like it from all the videos I watched in the past day.

Will it be a big time investment?

Could I skip it?

Are proffession bonuses linked to it somehow?
    Apparently the most time intensive thing in Garrisons is waiting for missions, buildings and work orders to be completed after so many hours as well as profession charges to come off their daily CDs.

I think you can ignore them after you finish levelling but then you're unable to do the level cap weekly quests as your Garrison starts you on them or get extra dungeon quests provided by the inn amongst others. Also professions are tied to the small plot buildings and if you have the same profession trained as one of your built buildings then you get an extra charge or two of the daily CD resource that you can make.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do not get a house, you get your own army base. If you don't develop your base, it's just a quest hub. If you do develop your base, you get all kinds of nice-to-have things, and you can roughly double the production of your professions, or make second-best items of a profession you don't have.

Player housing is something everyone thinks they want when in fact they don't.

That's very confusing.

I'm pretty certain the Blizzard used the phrase player-housing even in the recent WoD trailer.
    nope, "build and upgrade your garrison"

Its pretty meh right now, I hope it evolves into better later. I mean having your own race build structures for that race, and being able to move the garrison to any zone you want. I hope that happens sooner rather than later. Why would a blood elf want to create Orc huts?

Deleted
    People seem to forget the Garrison ties in with the questline, without spoiling to much: You are a commander, sent to combat the Iron Horde, taking the fight to them, therefore you need a base of operations and that's what the garrison is, your followers are essential some special agents you can send to dsitrupt iron horde stuff or other things like that. I personally think its really neat.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Basically they don't feel as epic as they made out in blizz con when they announced player-housing.

I expected an actual house (like the one they had in Old runescape) for parking your characters/mounts/pets/gear and occaisonally having friends come over for tea.

Admittedly I haven't been on the beta but from the videos and guides (mmo) I read online I'm just not really sold on it.

It also feels compulsory not sure if it's just me but what I understood from the video I watched was that proffs now work through the garrisons.
    That's your own fault really. You expected something you were never promised.

- - - Updated - - -

That's very confusing.

No, they never said that. They refered to it as the "WoW version of player-housing", which isn't the same as saying "This is player housing".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Okay, I've been in beta and I hate them too.

I'll do it, once, because I really don't have any choice and I'm a completionist. But I will hate it every step of the way.
    Why. You don't give a single suggestion on how to fix them, nor why you do.

Love them. Give them a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    Its pretty meh right now, I hope it evolves into better later. I mean having your own race build structures for that race, and being able to move the garrison to any zone you want. I hope that happens sooner rather than later. Why would a blood elf want to create Orc huts?
    ... Next time, take a look at your actual workers,- hint; they are Peons.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I never said housing was an awesome name but at least it's to the point.

Garrison makes it sound very anti-homey if you know what I mean. When you say garrison my mind doesn't jump to my in-game house/farm/play-pen.
    It's a base where your troops are so it is not your home but an army camp.

I would be a lot happier with garrisons if my main and my guild were Alliance. As it is, meh. Horde garrison is a horrible place to hang out. Even the lighting is either too dark or too harsh.
    Garrison gameplay is ok, not great. I generally hate pvp, but I think it would be fun to do garrison pvp, where you invite a friend and his followers to attack your garrison and your followers. Maybe they'll add that in a future release.