Fresh 90 weapons

Hi all,

I have a few fresh 90 alts and would like to gear them for SoO. I had a ton of Timeless Isle tokens so i easily got ~500 ilvl items in all slots... except weapons :P What is the easies way to get around ilvl 500 weapons nowadays (specifically, i need them for rogue + warlock + DK). Well, anything 450+ is ok cause right now i have it all around 414 from quests

There is an Arena scenario that always rewards you with a 450 weapon. But I'd just use it as a temporary weapon until you either farm enough Timeless Coins for the weapons there, or you get one from LFR. The Timeless weapons cost 10/20k and are 489 (505 upgraded). LFR is 528 (544 upgraded). There are also weapons from heroic scenarios, but they are fairly unreliable to get.

Deleted
    Try grinding Tol Barad and Wintergrasp for a 550 pvp weapon for honour. Or just run SoO LFR until a 528 drops (kill frogs to get re-roll tokens for the drop and then upgrades to 544).

Quote Originally Posted by kabeen View Post
    Hi all,

I have a few fresh 90 alts and would like to gear them for SoO. I had a ton of Timeless Isle tokens so i easily got ~500 ilvl items in all slots... except weapons :P What is the easies way to get around ilvl 500 weapons nowadays (specifically, i need them for rogue + warlock + DK). Well, anything 450+ is ok cause right now i have it all around 414 from quests
    To get you started; easiest weapon to earn is a 450 from the Arena Of Annihilation scenario; you also have a 489 from the Timeless Isle vendor; you also have a chance for a 516i weapon from the Heroic Scenario daily bag (there is an NPC in your shrine which gives you a one time only quest for it as well, that bag has a higher chance for a weapon).

Anything higher than that is only through LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic raiding or BGs. 2-Handed weapons are 3500; which is around 10 BG wins.

Happy grinding.

Edit: There are the epic weapons you can buy from AH, which are 502i; but those are mainly for transmog so they're most of the time overpriced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Anything higher than that is only through LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic raiding or BGs. 2-Handed weapons are 3500; which is around 10 BG wins.
    That really depends on what faction he is...if he's Alliance and he can spam queue AV/IoC and win them all and get 300-400 per win, it might be 10 BG wins. If he's Horde and has to rely on queueing SotA and SSM and winning, it's about 200-250 per win now. So like 15-20 BG wins.

I'd still recommend it over the other options to get weapons quickly, though. He should be able to get enough gear through timeless tokens, 6.0.2 quests, and UBRS after that to be able to enter into ToT and SoO LFRs though. If he doesn't want to PvP, getting lucky in there with a weapon drop is the best option.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you can have the patience, farm for Timeless Isle coins. You do only need 10/20k, and that can be a couple/three hours if you've got the dps.
    Allarise - lfgdating.com.
    In it for the mount hunting.

If you already have an established toon that uses the same type of weapon, do a Garrosh kill to get a BOA heirloom and mail it over.

Or buy your way into a Garrosh kill with your alt. The runs are going for pretty cheap...around 5-10k depending on the server.
    Last edited by daytonbrown; 2014-10-23 at 01:01 PM.