Question about tcg mounts

Hi,

Are player's actually buying these mounts in bulk to sell for gold for personal use? This guy in chat was selling some of the most expensive ones, which could easily be over 1k irl money! Is it some kind of profitable business? Because I really couldn't see someone spending so much money for their own personal use to gain gold... Or maybe they would..
    Last edited by Vsml; 2014-10-23 at 11:46 AM.

I meant real life money, sorry

Deleted
    i think a lot of the mounts you see going around now are either ones somebody managed to get a real bargain on in real money (ie the seller didnt know how much it was worth), or they bought it from another player for gold, and are now selling it on for more gold.

Be wary of anything sold in chat, particularly by a level 1. It may not be entirely legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people you see selling multiples and spamming trade chat are selling either duped mounts or mounts from generated codes. An easy way to tell (though not foolproof) is to check their level. If they are level 1 the mount was probably obtained illegitimately. Either way though I don't think Blizz would take it away if you bought it, especially if you ask them to go through the AH.