Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Isn't this the type of people Bill O'Reilly wanted to hire to put boots on the ground against ISIS?
    He'd say no, but I doubt it would be possible not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Have you ever been in a war zone? Killing 30 people in self defense is extremely possible. I am not guaranteeing it was self defense, but the numbers don't automatically make it suspicious. This isn't like shooting 30 people with handguns, and these weren't police, these guys use a significant amount of firepower, and machine guns are a lot more dangerous in real life than in hollywood.

Oh, and I really doubt the US government is going to stop using mercenaries because of this, right now Blackwater is in deep trouble for this, but the US Government is staying relatively clean from bad press from this, I don't see why that is going to discourage them from using it.
    Well these guys mowed down unarmed children, women and men who ran away from them/took cover. They(Blackwater) reported shots were fired on them but... US Military could find no such evidence. Dudes got spooked for some reason and killed a lot of innocent people.

Men from the U.S. Army's First Cavalry Division arrived at Nisoor Square moments after the shooting. They found no shell casings from AK-47s (the kind used by insurgents or the Iraqi police), but clangs of casings from American-made weaponry. The First Cavalry concluded in a report that there was "no enemy activity involved" and that the shooting was an unprovoked "criminal event," according to Fainaru's reporting.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-10-24 at 04:24 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I don't mind mercenaries, if we claim people still need killing I'd be a hypocrite to have a moral objection to them and not the army.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

15+ Year Old Account
    Hang them high, too bad (but as always) the big fishes behind them are safe..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Well these guys mowed down unarmed children, women and men who ran away from them/took cover. They(Blackwater) reported shots were fired on them but... US Military could find no such evidence. Dudes got spooked for some reason and killed a lot of innocent people.
    The insurgents could have swept up all the brass they used to hide the evidence, HAH! Who the fuck am I kidding?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Troublemaker View Post
    Mercs are usually army rejects or people who can't handle authority but are still interested in a military career.
    Where did you get this crap from? Most mercs nowadays have Military backgrounds.

Deleted
    So why aren't they in the military still? Kicked out? Punched a seargent? etc etc etc?
    Left for various reasons, their contract could be up, they may have been sick of the bureaucracy and the bullshit, maybe they realised they can get 5 times the pay in the private sector while doing shorter hours in better conditions.

10+ Year Old Account
    So why aren't they in the military still? Kicked out? Punched a seargent? etc etc etc?
    For every hour of you actually doing your job in the military, you spend weeks sweeping floors, fixing equipment, sitting through trainings and bowing down to officers. Then you go into combat with subpar government issued equipment, and are paid shit for doing so.

Mercenaries get better equipment, don't need to do the shit work, and make a whole hell of a ton of money. I've known plenty of people who got out and went into private firms, and all are much happier and better off for having done so.