Thread: What happened?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What happened?

Since 6.0 dropped I'm seeing a ton of demonology warlocks with destruction as their offspec. Why did Destro stopped to be the main spec, what made Demo the masterrace now?

Deleted
    Because Destro right now performs like crap. I lose over 6k DPS if I play Destro over Demo. It's just numbers. Even at 100 Demo will likely out-perform Destro.

And, to some extent, mobility issues and gameplay feel.

Deleted
    There's also that current Demo is basically a slightly more advanced version of Destro. The gameplay is extremly similar at 100 with Demonbolt and pooling Fury.

I usually only run Destro when I solo old content for the Healing.

Also whoever stole my DA Glyph shall feel my wrath. You don't steal fun things -_-

Demo is doing great DPS right now. I also imagine more people are playing it because of ease of life issues like the removal of snapshotting DoTs and maybe the new grimoire glyph.

after the demo nerf its destru>affli>demo with demo being better then affli due to aoe and mobility.

i play destru and i can destroy every demo single target.
    Last edited by Archimand; 2014-10-23 at 02:45 PM.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Yeah you guys pretty much missed the boat for the 3 days demo was good. Back to destro we go....

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    sorry but you guys are clueless.

after the demo nerf its destru>affli>demo with demo being better then affli due to aoe and mobility.

That's not quite the results I'm seeing, although Destruction did perform quite well in last night's raid. Please bear in mind, though, that Demo is overly nerfed at the moment; they'll revert the SF/Meta change. Or, at least, they're aware of it.

That doesn't make much sense tbh....

sorry but you guys are clueless.

Meh, I have destroyed some demo locks lately who were your typical loud and angry elitists trying to 'school' me but I can't be sure they were playing their class properly as there is more to it than just pew pew, I was doubling his dps in any fight that involved lots of targets as one can't rely on having single target raid fights all the time. Even on single target juggernaut I was still pulling out a 1k difference with similar ilevel, mind you I did mention that I can't tell if he was playing his hand of gul'dans properly.
    For one the guy who has been playing a spec solid for 2 years is going to have muscle memory advantage over the guy who switched this week to demo because he heard it was better. I'm at the point where I refresh my dots at exactly the right time without thinking about it or paying attention to it. Demo has been out of the raid rotation for quite a while now and they are all relearning their muscle memory. The moving while casting thing isnt such a huge deal as most fights if you have to move it is only a split second before you are pounding away again.

All of my gear is set for destro and I am going to stick with destro for the last few weeks of mop because of it. Once you get your brain past the turret issue it really isn't that bad. The only fight where it has been an issue was treasures and thats because I am the highest dps in my new guild and I was chosen to toss mantid bombs 8 times in a row which meant I spent 0 time dpsing. Thats a design issue, not a class or spec issue.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2014-10-23 at 03:04 PM.

Of course it does. Affli aoe since the soul swap nerf is trash and demo has the highest mobilty of all 3 specs.

Destro happened. If there's a slight chance demo is viable, they will play it. Everyone is tired of destro.

People testing out the new changes I suppose. Dunno, but destro is still kicking ass for me.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Being tired of a spec is entirely subjective, I for one do not feel tired of destro. I like demo better than destro but due to my gear being set for destro I'm sticking with destro atm. I don't get tired of getting my lock on ever.

Didn't Demo just take a huge swing from the nerf bat though? Surely after that it still isn't outperforming Destro? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaehatiel View Post
    Since 6.0 dropped I'm seeing a ton of demonology warlocks with destruction as their offspec. Why did Destro stopped to be the main spec, what made Demo the masterrace now?
    Losing Fel Flame.

Demo is a much more mobile spec than Destruction right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now at 90 Destruction is still badass and is easily one of the top specs ATM even with mobility issues, which are not such a big deal honestly.

At 100 it will probably get worse compared to other specs since level 100 Destruction talents are shit, really, but I still expect Destruction to be a top pick, just because it has amazing tools such as Havoc, Shadowburn and FnB which are extremely powerful if used right, proper usage of those is what puts Destruction on top, not tossing Chaos Bolts on trinket procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    but I still expect Destruction to be a top pick, just because it has amazing tools such as Havoc, Shadowburn and FnB which are extremely powerful if used right, proper usage of those is what puts Destruction on top, not tossing Chaos Bolts on trinket procs.
    True, to some extent. Although, of the three tools you mentioned, two require extra targets to be used at all. And SB, like CB, is optimzed during procs. As such, the question of Destruction's single target validity persists.

Idk, I decided to try out Demo last night for heroic siege heirloom run. top 1-3 most fights, and it's not like my guild is full of slouches. Really wonder if I could have done all that much more as Destro
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Idk, I decided to try out Demo last night for heroic siege heirloom run. top 1-3 most fights, and it's not like my guild is full of slouches. Really wonder if I could have done all that much more as Destro
    I had the same results. I may try Aff on some multidot fights though, even though it and Destro put me to sleep.