Deleted

Question Garrisons, if you do have the profession.

Is there any point in getting such buildings? Say, I have enchanting, is there any point/advantage in getting enchanting small buildings?

Deleted
    i havent looked too much into it, but from what ive heard, there are things these buildings can only do if you have the profession theyre based around.

Having the actual professions allow you full access to craft the best items, as well as get crafting mats at a faster rate than those without. For Enchanting, I think you can only create the top weapon enchants if you also have the profession. Don't quote me on that though, only know it for Eng/Insc/JC.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    Is there any point in getting such buildings? Say, I have enchanting, is there any point/advantage in getting enchanting small buildings?
    Generally, mat production boost is the primary reason you would want to match profession with profession buildings. Secondary reasons include having access to buying the recipes for your profession via secrets of draenor <insert profession> and other optional bonuses. For instance, enchanter's building also gives you illusion enchants for your weapon.

There is some speculation the DE function of the profession building may yield more mats when DE items at higher building levels.

If you have other questions, perhaps you could look at the guides posted by WoWhead on garrison buildings or use the search function as it's very likely that your questions have already been answered previously.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    having access to buying the recipes for your profession via secrets of draenor <insert profession>
    This is also available in Ashran according to wowhead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzdoctor View Post
    This is also available in Ashran according to wowhead.
    Which for a mage is pretty easy to get to. Alternatively you could spend a building slot for a Mage Tower which I think can give you a portal to Ashran (or other places in Draenor).

Otherwise it's a bit of a flight out to Ashran
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    What do you mean "having access to buy the recipes via the recipe secrets of draenor - enchanting"? I'm not in the beta (and I don't want to).

I guess it gives a currency to get recipes, looking at wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    I plan on starting with my own profession buildings - for two reasons.
    1. Accelerated production
    2. Familiarity.

After I've hit 100 - then I'll probably branch out.

I was wondering this myself.

So definitely need to choose my professions as garrisons to get all of the possible recipes?(eng and ench)

Which for a mage is pretty easy to get to. Alternatively you could spend a building slot for a Mage Tower which I think can give you a portal to Ashran (or other places in Draenor).

Otherwise it's a bit of a flight out to Ashran
    theres a port to ashran in the garrison. I think you get it at level 3(maybe 2). It's at the top of a tower.

http://www.wowhead.com/garrison-calc...mhOz8D-JQ4cFGo

That is what Im considering(I do have enchanting and engineering as my toon professions). Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/garrison-calc...mhOz8D-JQ4cFGo
    That is what Im considering(I do have enchanting and engineering as my toon professions). Thoughts?
    No Barn? I guess you don't want farm Savage blood for upgrades (engineering). I guess you'll either go buy them at the AH or covert Primal Spirits to them.
    ---

No Barn? I guess you don't want farm Savage blood for upgrades (engineering). I guess you'll either go buy them at the AH or covert Primal Spirits to them.
    Yea, I was going to move it over and replace the gladiator garrison with it.

and what if the profession is not a crafting one? I have read, if you build mining building, you can mine in your garrison even if you do not have the profession for it. But what if you have a mining profession already? anything worth to build? to enhance it further? or they would just wastefully overlap?

Quote Originally Posted by temp123456 View Post
    and what if the profession is not a crafting one? I have read, if you build mining building, you can mine in your garrison even if you do not have the profession for it. But what if you have a mining profession already? anything worth to build? to enhance it further? or they would just wastefully overlap?
    Well, for starters, the mining building has a dedicated slot in your garrison. It will not take up a small, medium or large plot - so everyone gets the mining building (as well as the herbalism and fishing buildings).

The mining building lets you mine within your garrison. Having the mining skill lets you mine outside of your garrison. Having a gathering profession like mining can help keep your work orders flowing if you have an associated crafting profession.

For example:

Let's say you have mining and jewelcrafting. You build the jewelcrafting building in your garrison. That building lets you assign work orders, but each of those work orders costs 5x ore. At level 3, you can run up to 21 work orders. The mine in your garrison won't likely be able to supply enough ore to keep a full load of work orders going.

"dedicated slot" thank you for the key word

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    I was wondering this myself.

So definitely need to choose my professions as garrisons to get all of the possible recipes?(eng and ench)
    No, you can get all the possible recipes from the trainer in Ashran, no garrison needed. With the garrison you can create extra daily cooldown mats though.

And to get to Ashran, you could set your hearthstone there since you get a separate garrison hearthstone as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristya View Post
    At level 3, you can run up to 21 work orders. The mine in your garrison won't likely be able to supply enough ore to keep a full load of work orders going.
    Except for the fact that work orders complete at a rate of 1 per 4 hours meaning that you only need to have enough ore to do 6 work orders per day (because only 6 will be completed in a day). The fact that you can queue up to 21 work orders* just means that you don't have to treat the JC building as another daily farm but you can check in on it every other day (and requeue up to the max 21 work orders). *note: 21 work orders I believe is the base number of work orders you get with a lv 3 JC building and does not include the bonus work orders you can get from a storehouse.
    ---

Deleted
    Except for the fact that work orders complete at a rate of 1 per 4 hours meaning that you only need to have enough ore to do 6 work orders per day (because only 6 will be completed in a day). The fact that you can queue up to 21 work orders* just means that you don't have to treat the JC building as another daily farm but you can check in on it every other day (and requeue up to the max 21 work orders). *note: 21 work orders I believe is the base number of work orders you get with a lv 3 JC building and does not include the bonus work orders you can get from a storehouse.

Storehouse doesnt seem very useful then if the extra work orders only means you can log in one day later to update your orders.
    I had assumed that you can only do 21 work orders per WEEK and that the storehouse increases the amount of work orders per week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    Storehouse doesnt seem very useful then if the extra work orders only means you can log in one day later to update your orders.
    I had assumed that you can only do 21 work orders per WEEK and that the storehouse increases the amount of work orders per week.
    Depends. Are you able (and want to) log in every day on every toon to do just your daily garrison stuff? That's what the storehouse is for in addition to quick bank, guild bank and void storage/transmog access.
    ---