Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

LFR Armor has set bonuses?... What???...

This is quite frankly just stupid. I thought they were trying to get away from giving set bonuses to LFR gear for the exact reason so higher quality players would not have to go into that trash difficulty to get tier sets.

Why would Blizzard go back on what they said and give set bonuses to the gear in LFR? Are they trying to just piss off their better players?

They really need to get rid of any of the set bonuses on their LFR gear.

I mean no harm at all to players who only run LFR, but its just not the right thing to do gameplay wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already a different model, no complaining from me actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is quite frankly just stupid. I thought they were trying to get away from giving set bonuses to LFR gear for the exact reason so higher quality players would not have to go into that trash difficulty to get tier sets.

Why would Blizzard go back on what they said and give set bonuses to the gear in LFR? Are they trying to just piss off their better players?

I mean no harm at all to players who only run LFR, but its just not the right thing to do gameplay wise.
    Because these set bonuses are not the same bonuses you get from Normal and up. They are significantly smaller than the set bonuses from the real raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    as an mythic raider, why should i care that LFR raiders get set bonus on their stuff?
    If after 2weeks is till got an blue item i need to replace with LFR, so what, i do LFR, once or twice, i can live with that
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Did you notice that those set bonuses aren't the same set bonuses that normal/heroic/mythic gear gets?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

lol no this was going to happen anybody and there uncle could see it coming lol the bonuses aren't even the same your just crying for the sake of crying now.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because the "better players" make a small percentage of people playing? I mean this really isn't anything new. Not saying it's right or wrong... I don't really care but it's really not surprising.

Deleted
    You wrote all that to vent your hate. You spent so much time. If you spent 1 second to think the bonuses are different and nerfed.

I like it. It makes them feel like a successor to the old Dungeon Sets from vanilla/tBC.

They are a set, but aren't nearly as good as an actual tier.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    why do you find this weird? this is the same as the old set bonus from Dungeon gear 1,2 and 3? they are not tier class set bonusses but spec class bonusses which are very minor and not strong at all.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said they wouldn't have tier bonuses so they don't compete with tier gear dropped from normal/heroic/mythic. They never said they wouldn't have any bonuses.

Deleted
    the set bonusses as seem listed currently on the MMO-C frontpage, look absolutely fine.
    they're a good way too promote collecting atleast a 4 piece, while not being so strong that higher ranked raiders want them so they can make use of the set bonusses.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I like it. It makes them feel like a successor to the old Dungeon Sets from vanilla/tBC.

They are a set, but aren't nearly as good as an actual tier.
    I think the op is more pissed that it's not forceing at all The drive to do higher modes
    Which is stupid and don't matter anyway.
    Last edited by mike2014; 2014-10-23 at 03:16 PM.

The LFR gear is shit and won't be "required" for anyone who can do heroic (which opens weeks before LFR).

As long as the bonuses aren't good enough to compete with stuff from organized raids, I don't care. Why not let LFR players get some kind of set to work towards? If I can still get upgrades from LFR once LFR opens, I'll do it until I don't need upgrades from it anymore. It's not THAT big a deal, considering there's already 3 difficulties above it that can be done every week.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    As long as the bonuses aren't good enough to compete with stuff from organized raids, I don't care. Why not let LFR players get some kind of set to work towards? If I can still get upgrades from LFR once LFR opens, I'll do it until I don't need upgrades from it anymore. It's not THAT big a deal, considering there's already 3 difficulties above it that can be done every week.
    the fact lfr is getting a set on its own is fantastic I can live in lfr now and gear all my alts and main now and beat the expansion yes!

This is a jaylock thread just in case you guys didn't notice.

I'm sure he's fully aware of the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They said they wouldn't have tier bonuses so they don't compete with tier gear dropped from normal/heroic/mythic. They never said they wouldn't have any bonuses.
    I understand that, but having bonuses at all devalues real raid tier bonuses. Lets say with having a two piece bonuse from lfr combined with a 4 piece from normal tier sets would be an overpowered setup. Wouldn't it stand to reason that people would then be FORCED to run LFR along with their preferred raid difficulty??

This is the whole reason they were supposed to take out all set bonuses from LFR gear.

fucking jaylock..

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-10-23 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    This is a jaylock thread just in case you guys didn't notice.

I'm sure he's fully aware of the difference.
    This.

going by Jaylock's started threads, he clearly just likes the attention.