10+ Year Old Account

Tips for soloing Zon'ozz?

Hi all, so I was easily able to solo Zon'ozz before they hotfixed legacy raids. I know my damage output on my Holy Priest isn't super high, but I'm confident that I could still do it...

If the Void of the Unmaking didn't keep going straight through the boss. On the first cast, I managed to hit him with it. The second, I was running him around, getting dazed, the void kept travelling off in different directions, but never once hit him, then his focused anger buff got too high. Any hints on how to get the void to hit him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Ignore it and just dps him. Just offspec shadow if your dps is too low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    agreed,
    i have done him yesterday on 25man, ignored whatever he did and just burned him down..

Deleted
    If you don't use your secondary spec for anything else, spec shadow and just nuke the guy down.

The Void Orb has a cooldown of 3(?) or so seconds every time it gets bounced that makes it unable to hit something else. This prevents the orb from going straight into the boss whenever you bounce it. Just bounce the Void Orb, run through Zon'ozz, bounce it again and then use a speed CD (feathers, Darkwater Potion, etc.) to run ahead of him when you feel like you have bounced the Void Orb enough so that the cooldown of the Orb will have fallen of by the time it catches up to the boss! If you have any further questions please feel free to PM me or reply!

Best of luck!!!

You could run around and keep bouncing the orb looking silly because chances are, even if you time your speed boost it might just go right through him still.

That being said, just ignore it. You're a healer, and a priest on top of that, so you should easily survive when the orb hits the wall, since the major damage comes from falling back down after anyway, and slow fall and what not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steamwheedle View Post
    Hi all, so I was easily able to solo Zon'ozz before they hotfixed legacy raids. I know my damage output on my Holy Priest isn't super high, but I'm confident that I could still do it...

If the Void of the Unmaking didn't keep going straight through the boss. On the first cast, I managed to hit him with it. The second, I was running him around, getting dazed, the void kept travelling off in different directions, but never once hit him, then his focused anger buff got too high. Any hints on how to get the void to hit him?
    It was the opposite for me. I coudn't solo him on 10 normal before the patch. Now I just kill him on 10 heroic without any issues. I even ignore the ball bouncy thingy.