Deleted

Looking for your knowledge on a few pets im trying to farm ^^

Hi there, ive recently caught the battle pet bug and im addicted and now i must get them all!

There are 4 that ive been scouring the net for information on and whilst i understand the requirements, id like to know if anyone has information regarding them please!

They are 1: Arctic Fox Kit- Gotcha!

2: Baby Ape- Gotcha!

3: Minifernal- there are many theories regarding this one, i know where to get it, but must i kill the infernals there? just wait? times?

4: Silithid Hatchling-Gotcha! At 12:15 UK time

Any information would be very helpful :]

kind regards!
    Last edited by mmoc1f8ef433c2; 2014-10-26 at 11:34 AM. Reason: 3 pets down ^_^

Deleted
    i dont believe time of year has an affect on how often weather happens.

can't offer advice on the first three, as i got very lucky and they were all there when i first went to visit, but for the silithid hatchling, sandstorms last for an hour at a time if i remember correctly. so id just go about my business, then once an hour id grab the portal to uldum, fly over to tanaris and check if it was sandstorming. got the pet in just a few days of doing this c:

Wowhead's entry for each pet is usually where I look for more detailed info. The comments section usually has the best info on times/durations of weather conditions. The 4 above that you listed where the last ones for me to get due to the seemly random nature of the weather in zones. The Silithid hatchling in particular, was difficult catch.

Honestly, it was easiest for me to park an alt in the zone that I was hunting for a rare pet and check back every few hours. I was fortunate enough to nab all of them using that method.

Quote Originally Posted by agriusthebrit View Post
    Hi there, ive recently caught the battle pet bug and im addicted and now i must get them all!

There are 4 that ive been scouring the net for information on and whilst i understand the requirements, id like to know if anyone has information regarding them please!

They are 1: Arctic Fox Kit-now i am aware that it only pops up when its snowing, but is there specific times/areas it snows more/less etc, thoughts?

2: Baby Ape- i know that its on jageuro isle and it must be raining correct? is there more rainfall in autumn/winter? same? does it always rain on the isle same time in stv?

3: Minifernal- there are many theories regarding this one, i know where to get it, but must i kill the infernals there? just wait? times?

4: Silithid Hatchling- i know its meant to be sandstorming at the 2 noxxious places in tanaris, but again, times?

kind regards!
    From what I've read, Minfernal is just a rare spawn. It's a bit douche-baggy, but the tactic i've heard is killing battle pets in the area, and hoping that a minfernal will eventually spawn in it's place. Maybe other will chime in and verify.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure that there isn't anything you can do about the weather, and there aren't patterns to it. You just have to check until you find the right conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    From what I've read, Minfernal is just a rare spawn. It's a bit douche-baggy, but the tactic i've heard is killing battle pets in the area, and hoping that a minfernal will eventually spawn in it's place. Maybe other will chime in and verify.
    I have heard that as well from wowhead comments when I was farming it, and I did do that as well.

The best thing I did for several rare pets was roll a DK on an RP-PVP server. It doesn't take long to get through the opening DK quests, and while getting around using FP's and ground mounts can take some time, this helped me get a bunch of rare pets. I just camped there for the minfernal for a few days, logging on once or twice a day to kill the battle pets in the area, then log in later to see if one had spawned. It only took a couple of days to get it. I used the DK to get my rare P/P emerald whelpling since those were always being camped on my server (yay for CRZ). Same for getting the Infinite and Nexus Whelpling, infested bear cub, tiny twister, tiny bog beast, and a few other pets that people camp for and that I had a hard time finding at all on my server. Some of them I just found and stoned right away, others I'd just farm until I got the rare I wanted, since there was never anyone else there. This was within the past few months, so after they CRZ'd the RP realms together and I still hardly ever saw another person.

Anyways, my 2 cents.

Deleted
    Interesting stuff, thanks guys ^^. i got my Arctic Fox Kit yesterday still working on the others!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrif View Post
    Honestly, it was easiest for me to park an alt in the zone that I was hunting for a rare pet and check back every few hours. I was fortunate enough to nab all of them using that method.
    I did this when I was chasing the baby ape too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agriusthebrit View Post

They are 1: Arctic Fox Kit- Gotcha!

2: Baby Ape- i know that its on jageuro isle and it must be raining correct? is there more rainfall in autumn/winter? same? does it always rain on the isle same time in stv?

4: Silithid Hatchling- i know its meant to be sandstorming at the 2 noxxious places in tanaris, but again, times?

kind regards!
    3: About these Pets, I found that searching for them after one server shutdown/restart will increase your chances for one being alive. Same goes to the Valkyr in Icecrown.

4: There is no 100% chance for them to spawn during Sandstorms, so you'll have to camp those 2 zones (Noxious Lair and Gaping Chasm) and pray for them to spawn when you're there. About times, I guess it is random. I kept 1 character in that zone and from time to time I relogged to him to see if one Sandstorm was UP.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |