Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I got it 3 days or so after EU release in 2005 and I fully expected it to crash and burn my computer. For some reason, Blizzard has managed to make WoW very forgiving on the hardware and before I knew what to expect, I was blasted away with Elwynn and meeting my RL buddies in a game for the first time. I expected some sort of weird online action RPG. I did not expect the social impact WoW has on your gaming hobby.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I played ffxi previously and hated wow the first time I played. I leveled a rogue to 15 and quit that cartoony shit. I couldn't understand why anyone would want to level alone with no party to tank and heal and all that. Then a couple years later I gave it a fair shot and met some really nice people.... And the rest is history. Now, I can't hardly bring myself to play with others. A total 180 from 2006 or whatever it was. But to answer the question more specifically, I expected wow to suck and not be as good. And I was right because I was a closed minded dick.