1 button seal switch macro

I posted this on the official wow pally forums, and figure I may as well throw it up here too...

After looking around for a bit I haven't seen this posted anywhere so I figure it's worth sharing with Empowered Seals coming up soon, although it's useful without the talent anyways with the SoR buff. I'm not sure if seals being stances is something new with 6.0, but it works flawlessly as far as I can tell, so here you go!

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] Seal of Righteousness; Seal of Truth;

It's easily modified to include other seals if you'd prefer, but as far as Ret is concerned this is about all you need.
    Last edited by Lunavale; 2014-10-24 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunavale View Post
    I posted this on the official wow pally forums, and figure I may as well throw it up here too...

After looking around for a bit I haven't seen this posted anywhere so I figure it's worth sharing with Empowered Seals coming up soon, although it's useful without the talent anyways with the SoR buff. I'm not sure if seals being stances is something new with 6.0, but it works flawlessly as far as I can tell, so here you go!

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] Seal of Righteousness; [stance:2][nostance] Seal of Truth;

It's easily modified to include other seals if you'd prefer, but as far as Ret is concerned this is about all you need.
    Honestly, there's no need to make it that complicated. I'm sure the macro works, but a simple

#showtooltip
    /cast Seal of Truth
    /cast Seal of Righteousness

works equally well. Granted, it only works smoothly for two seals, but as it looks in WoD we'll only be switching between SoT and SoR anyway.

Ah, I guess they did change how it works, I'm pretty sure that macro didn't work before. My macro is slightly better in that it shows the correct icon though (I care about stuff like that ), and I wouldn't really call it complicated. It's also worth pointing out that the stance conditionals can be useful for other types of macros as well.

Well I just felt like sharing cause I didn't see mention of it anywhere.

I personally find it a useful macro. Thanks man!

or you could be all..

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Judgment; [stance:1] Seal of Righteousness; [stance:2][nostance] Seal of Truth;

Although probbaly better to make the mod affect your seal, so if not in the correct seal you can hit [mod] + judgement bind to swap to the correct seal, then judgement again to get your buff/damage
    Last edited by mrn10ct; 2014-10-23 at 06:55 PM.

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] Seal of Righteousness; [stance:2][nostance] Seal of Truth;

That should work now as a toggle for AoE and single target seal switching, right?

If so I think I can eliminate an entire set of bars from my UI with some macros!
    Last edited by Trel; 2014-10-23 at 07:21 PM.

Would this work? Want to toggle between SoR and SoT, and always switch to Insight when i mod with Alt.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt] Seal of Insight; [stance:1] Seal of Righteousness; [stance:2][nostance] Seal of Truth;
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

That should work just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Would this work? Want to toggle between SoR and SoT, and always switch to Insight when i mod with Alt.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt] Seal of Insight; [stance:1] Seal of Righteousness; [stance:2][nostance] Seal of Truth;
    You will want to add [stance:4] in front of seal of truth if you want to switch from insight->truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Honestly, there's no need to make it that complicated. I'm sure the macro works, but a simple

#showtooltip
    /cast Seal of Truth
    /cast Seal of Righteousness

works equally well. Granted, it only works smoothly for two seals, but as it looks in WoD we'll only be switching between SoT and SoR anyway.
    this isnt working for me for some reason (at least on live)
    kinda depressing
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    You will want to add [stance:4] in front of seal of truth if you want to switch from insight->truth.
    Actually what you should do is drop all of the modifiers from Seal of Truth. That way it always defaults to casting Seal of Truth if none of the previous modifiers are matched.

Aah good point! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Actually what you should do is drop all of the modifiers from Seal of Truth. That way it always defaults to casting Seal of Truth if none of the previous modifiers are matched.
    Wow, you guys are good.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Indeed! I'll update the macro in the op with that.