Poll: Would you enlist in the ARVN after 1973?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Why didn't Americans volunteer for the ARVN after 1973?

I've done a fair amount of research into the history of American citizens volunteering for foreign militaries. I have uncovered dozens of examples of Americans volunteering to fight for various causes they believe in. Countless Americans have volunteered to fight in the Canadian Rebellions of 1837, Boer Wars, Balkan Wars, World War I (pre-US involvement), the Spanish Civil War, World War II (pre-US involvement), the Rhodesian Bush War, the Bosnian War and others. To this day hundreds of Americans volunteer to defend Israel from Palestinian/Arab aggressors each year. Another contemporary example would be the dozens of Americans who enlisted in the Ukrainian military following the Crimean Crisis. There are no legal issues with Americans volunteering for an allied or neutral military, so legality isn't a problem.

In the time I've spent researching the topic, I have found no examples of Americans volunteering for the South Vietnamese military following the Paris Peace Accords. Americans have volunteered to serve in foreign militaries in far less-known conflicts, such as the Boer Wars and Balkan Wars, but there doesn't seem to be even a single American or European who enlisted in the South Vietnamese after 1973. To this day there are millions of Americans who defend the Vietnam War as being a "just war" or "noble cause," including many who served in the war. Given that so many of soldiers, civilians and policy-makers believed in the cause, why wouldn't any of them volunteer for the ARVN following the Paris Peace Accords?
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2014-10-23 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    I've done a fair amount of research into the history of American citizens volunteering for foreign militaries. I have uncovered dozens of examples of Americans volunteering to fight for various causes they believe in. Countless Americans have volunteered to fight in the Canadian Rebellions of 1837, Boer Wars, Balkan Wars, World War I (pre-US involvement), the Spanish Civil War, World War II (pre-US involvement), the Rhodesian Bush War, the Bosnian War and others. To this day hundreds of Americans volunteer to defend Israel from Palestinian/Arab aggressors each year. Another contemporary example would be the dozens of Americans who enlisted in the Ukrainian military following the Crimean Crisis. There are no legal issues with Americans volunteering for an allied or neutral military, so legality isn't a problem.

In the time I've spent researching the topic, I have found no examples of Americans volunteering for the South Vietnamese military following the Paris Peace Accords. Americans have volunteered to serve in foreign militaries in far less-known conflicts, such as the Boer Wars and Balkan Wars, but there doesn't seem to be even a single American or European who enlisted in the South Vietnamese after 1973. To this day there are hundreds of millions of Americans who defend the Vietnam War as being a "just war" or "noble cause," including many who served in the war. Given that many of soldiers, civilians and policy-makers believed in the cause, why wouldn't any of them volunteer for the ARVN following the Paris Peace Accords?
    Most of said volunteers would have done so in the more than 10 years the war lasted already, they would be tapped out so to speak.