10+ Year Old Account

Rogues and Companion Pets

Looking for info about whether or not all companion pets are still able to be seen when following around a player in stealth. Pulling my old PVP rogue out of retirement and curious if they ever changed that old issue.

EDIT: For those curious, they did not change it. Tested it out with 2 opposite faction 90s on my PVP server. Enemy can easily see companion pets while the character is totally invisible.
    Last edited by Tazienne; 2014-10-24 at 03:55 PM.
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    They did afaik.

That's one of the best things tbh...I remember when I first set foot in STV there was a firefly wandering around so i went to look and then blaaam alliance rouge nukes me. Had fun returning the favour to Alliance lowbies once I had some interesting pets

Like you found out, it still shows the companions. :/ Really wish they'd just make them completly invisible (even for locks incase they still have that tracking ability) when stealthed. After pet battles they start following you around so you have to dismiss... eh also sucks you can't use companions as a rogue just because of that.

It's still blasted awesome when I see a companion pet running around in an Arena... lol. Where oh where could that rogue be?

I was trying to write addon for dismissing pet upon entering stealth and resummoning when leaving. But blizzrad forbids auto summoning pet in combat (you can manually), and most of the time when rogue leaves stealth - he is in combat, so pet can't be summoned by addon. They hate us.