Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Vicious War Ram Preview, Group Finder Listing Cap Increased, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets

"Radio Silence", Abachio's "Lightning Rage Nocturne" Demon Hunter, Alkaizer Rank #1 Solo GR 44

BlizzCon 2014 Hearthstone Groups Announced

Brawl with the Blues on Oct 30th

Warlords of Draenor - Vicious War Ram
    Today we are taking a look at the Vicious War Ram. This is the new Alliance PvP mount in Patch 6.0.2, sold by Necrolord Sipe for Vicious Saddle. If you don't already have a saddle, you can get one from the Primal Combatant achievement when Warlords of Draenor launches.

Group Finder Listing Cap Increased
    One of the bigger complaints about the group finder was the cap of 25 groups visible at once. This was increased in a hotfix to 100 groups. Right now that still won't cover the ~150-200 groups listed during the evening, but you can refresh the list or search to narrow down the results.

Free Game Time Promotion
    If you are thinking about coming back for Warlords of Draenor, a free week of game time went out today. It appears to work for many players right now, even adding a week of game time to active accounts.

EU players may need to try twice or look under the Referrals & Rewards section in their WoW account in account management.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Alliance and the Wickerman
    I asked one of our designers (@Muffinus) if he knew why it was set up this way. The original designer that worked on it isn't here any more so we're not sure if more changes were planned but didn't get made, or what, but he agreed there's some obvious inconsistency with it versus the Alliance Wickerman. It's not something we can hotfix or get changes into a patch that would release before this year's holiday is over, but in the future, guard rage will be significantly reduced, and it will no longer flag you for PvP when entering the area. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Brown Orc Skin
    We do think offering some other skin options is a pretty cool idea (Dark Iron dwarves? Brown orcs?) but our priority is still the updates to the features that already exist--the blood elf update is in-progress--as well as prioritizing some tasks based on feedback to all the model updates that went out in 6.0.2. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvE
    With the current situation with UBRS being level 100 only, is there any way to get attuned to BWL for those who weren't?
    You should be able to just use the orb no matter what. Inability to do as a ghost is a bug that's being fixed. (WatcherDev)

PvP
    when forming pvp group finder cannot que while still looking. Bug or working as intended?
    This is intended. (holinka)
    hmm sad face. I spent 20 minutes with a terribad today without the ability to find a replacement.
    Perhaps something we'll consider in the future but didn't want people joining groups but looking for another one. (holinka)

does the trinket bonus even do anything for you anymore? resilience is out of the game right?
    We just aren't putting it on new gear (holinka)
    so getting it right now is worth it? the res still works?
    Yes (holinka)

Reputation / Questing
    Why do Alliance players have to flag for pvp and face level ?? guards to do the wickerman quest?
    Because it is a PvP quest. Horde players have one as well. (_DonAdams)
    Horde players don't have to flag because the Alliance wickerman is outside the city. Going in ruins of lordaeron forces flag.
    Hm... that's an oversight. On a PvP realm you're flagged either way. Sadly, I don't see a fix for PvE realms this year. (_DonAdams)

The Horde Chopper is Here
    Patch 6.0.2 added the Horde Chopper, but no word on when the Alliance Chopper is going to show up yet.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the recent release of Patch 6.0.2, players who logged in to claim their Horde chopper between July 24, 2014 through September 30, 2014 can now get on their bike and ride. The Warlord's Deathwheel can be found within the Mounts tab(Shift-P in collections) and can be ridden by Horde characters with the appropriate riding skill.

Costume Gallery Update
    With Blizzcon only a few weeks away, Blizzard has updated the costume gallery with some new costumes!

Last edited by chaud; 2014-10-24 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    Hahaha 7th pic

Thanks for the mention

But, still, I am glad that the news is on a bigger thread now! ;p time to abandoned all means of glory on my thread and give it all to this thread! ;p

Deleted
    Free week for active accounts only ? Cannot use on frozen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Healq View Post
    All accounts. US only. [atm]

Quote Originally Posted by Healq View Post
    Read my thread that I posted, it has far-more information on the subject. Link to thread

Anyhow, to give you a nice summary of everything:
    - 7 Free days of gametime
    - Works on Active Accounts
    - Works on NEW accounts
    - Works on frozen accounts

Deleted
    YAY! My account has been frozen since January, but I clicked the link anyway (despite "(...) to active accounts" part), and was shown a battle.net page with "try Mists of Pandaria for 7 days" promotion. Which is interesting, because I already had both added MoP to my account when it was not included in the Vanilla package (in January, when it was on sale), and used the MoP 10-day trial (right before that purchase). Anyway, the link worked, and I now have 7 days of active account. Which is kind of unfortunate, because I can't play next week and was going to set up my WoD subscription a bit later on.

So, you might want to clarify that "to active accounts" applies to frozen accounts as well.

EDIT: I am EU and clicked the link on the front page of MMO-C. Worked for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't work on my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
    YAY! My account has been frozen since January, but I clicked the link anyway (despite "(...) to active accounts" part), and was shown a battle.net page with "try Mists of Pandaria for 7 days" promotion. Which is interesting, because I already had both added MoP to my account when it was not included in the Vanilla package (in January, when it was on sale), and used the MoP 10-day trial (right before that purchase). Anyway, the link worked, and I now have 7 days of active account. Which is kind of unfortunate, because I can't play next week and was going to set up my WoD subscription a bit later on.

So, you might want to clarify that "to active accounts" applies to frozen accounts as well.

EDIT: I am EU and clicked the link on the front page of MMO-C. Worked for me.
    Seems they have launched the EU link now then. Glad they have!

Quote Originally Posted by Axcel View Post
    Read my thread that I posted, it has far-more information on the subject.
    Anyhow, to give you a nice summary of everything:
    - 7 Free days of gametime
    - Works on Active Accounts
    - Works on NEW accounts
    - Works on frozen accounts
    Yeah, except it doesn't. Every time I try to use it on a frozen account of mine, it gives me an error.

Quote Originally Posted by Caillean122 View Post
    Yeah, except it doesn't. Every time I try to use it on a frozen account of mine, it gives me an error.
    Contact Blizzard about it, I tested it on one of my Frozen Accounts and it worked just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ram seems a little lacking.

It should have an orc skeleton impaled across its horns. That should spice it up nicely.

Group Finder Listing Cap Increased
    One of the bigger complaints about the group finder was the cap of 25 groups visible at once. This was increased in a hotfix to 100 groups. Right now that still won't cover the ~150-200 groups listed during the evening, but you can refresh the list or search to narrow down the results.
    Can someone explain me why on earth can't/wont they go over the 100 groups-cap? OQ's limit lay a lot higher. Surely this is not OQ and its using a different system etc, but still. Sounds more to me like they don't want to increase it on purpose for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Can someone explain me why on earth can't/wont they go over the 100 groups-cap? OQ's limit lay a lot higher. Surely this is not OQ and its using a different system etc, but still. Sounds more to me like they don't want to increase it on purpose for some reason.
    I think it has something to do with lag which can occur from thousands of users querying the Group Finder at once. It's probably extremely intensive on the server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I am also on EU and the link didn't work for me. But I also have an active account.

100 Isn't too bad but first they need to improve that terrible search, it doesn't let you filter well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Well, I am also on EU and the link didn't work for me. But I also have an active account.
    Maybe the EU link didn't go live yet?

Deleted
    Less is more. If you have more than a hundred groups to scroll through it's hard to find what you need. Obviously they could just make better filters and sorting mechanisms but you know Blizzard .

Quote Originally Posted by Axcel View Post
    Maybe the EU link didn't go live yet?
    Worked for me on a frozen eu account. I clicked the link, it asked me to sign in and I went to my bnet page, with account still frozen.

Then I closed that window and clicked link a second time (so im still signed in) and this time it gave me the option to add 7 days. Account now reads cancelled with 7 days remaining rather than frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Archijs View Post
    Hahaha 7th pic
    Don't laugh. "the one with no life" would make you kill boars in Elwynn for the rest of your life.