Corrupt politicians

The video pretty much speaks for it self.
    I don't get how corrupcy like this can exist in the modern world, how statements that sound so ridiculous, and coming from people who are supposed to know (a little) of what they're speaking of, can be so far from reality.

What I'm talking about is the United States House of Representatives committee on science, space and technology.

The video shows nothing but how well the corporate spin on politicians is still doing. And how it makes these grown men sitting in this committee sound like they haven't ever passed kindergarten.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

10+ Year Old Account
    That was painful to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Chelly
    You could hear how tired that scientist was of their bullshit. I don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

Unbelievable. Simply... unbelievable. I'm speechless.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

A good argument against giving committee assignments as political favors, among a great many other things. s̶h̶a̶m̶e̶f̶u̶r̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶p̶r̶a̶y Shameful display.

What time is it on? it's not funny.

And they are all Republicans...

15+ Year Old Account
    In a political system where everyone has a vote, opinions are swayed by advertisement, there's no qualifications needed for office, representatives are allowed to get funding from anywhere, and no one is held accountable.. This is bound to happen.

we are fucked

Anything from the Daily Show is not credible. That place uses typical liberal spin like "lies of omission" where you aren't getting the full story OP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Anything from the Daily Show is not credible. That place uses typical liberal spin like "lies of omission" where you aren't getting the full story OP.
    It's the typical response from conservative lawmakers. How/why would the daily show lie about that?

Jon Stewart also seems like a good enough source to you when he's bashing Obama/liberals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does it matter? It's irrelevant as long as the video isn't doctored. It might be out of context, but they still asked those questions, which is indefensible if you're a politician in the House of Representatives committee on science, space and technology.

How does that justify what was said in the committee hearing? You don't need Stewart making comments after each clip to realize how fucking retarded they are.

Even if out of context. You should only be allowed to say so much bullshit before you will be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Even if out of context. You should only be allowed to say so much bullshit before you will be removed.
    Before who is removed?

15+ Year Old Account
    "Don't use scare tactics about our health to push your global warming agenda."

"Well maybe before we tell our kids to wash their hands because they could spread disease, perhaps we should hear from big fecal."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Posey

There are people on that committee who only have an associate degree

holy christ

10+ Year Old Account
    This is some kind of comedy show...B/C no one can be THAT uneducated... right?

RIGHT?!