Deleted

What can I expect?

Hi, I built a PC for a friend recently and it had be done quick. Was a budget built gaming PC for 1080P at high maybe some ultra settings, but mainly just for WoW, LoL and maybe some new release games.

I OC and stress tested at 4.2GHZ but cou;dn't get higher as I don't have the time.

The build was a intel g3258 at 4.2ghz OC

EVGA gtx 670 2gb, standard edition no OC's

8gig ddr3 1600mhz ram.

Will it be able to run wow at 1080P on high with 40+ FPS in raids do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Medipac94 View Post
    Hi, I built a PC for a friend recently and it had be done quick. Was a budget built gaming PC for 1080P at high maybe some ultra settings, but mainly just for WoW, LoL and maybe some new release games.

I OC and stress tested at 4.2GHZ but cou;dn't get higher as I don't have the time.

The build was a intel g3258 at 4.2ghz OC

EVGA gtx 670 2gb, standard edition no OC's

8gig ddr3 1600mhz ram.

Will it be able to run wow at 1080P on high with 40+ FPS in raids do you think?
    I built my girlfriend a mini ITX wifi computer based on the G3258 aswell with 8GB of ram @ 1600MHz too. She is running it on 4.7GHz with a Corsair H80i and sill has A-LOT of headroom (max temp at full loads barely reaches 55c).

She has the 750ti to support it which should be slightly worse than the 670 - but its 300MHz overclocked higher than stock clocks with boost disabled.

Keep in mind that WoW is CPU heavy so work on that overclock! (Only touch the multiplier, don't touch the base clock!).

She is using medium to high setting with particle density on ultra during raids and is running smooth at 1080p (she is capped at 60 fps and does not move from it no matter what).

So basically my answer is a mix of medium to high settings depending on what you prefer, it is a matter of taste - but definitely not maxed out on ultra.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes it will play wow on ultra, you will have to turn shadows, liquid detail and distance down, but it will run it nicely. I cant believe the performance those little anniversary chips run OCed, its amazing.

Built one last week for the hell of it and installed OSX Yosemite on it, I was very impressed.

Deleted
    Nice thank you, both of these sound good I never had time to test the rig out but for £50 cpu even med-high is good, but ultra with shadows and distance down is fine, I have them 2 settings tuned down also on my current rig, well before I got gtx 970 :P ^^