Are Jordan's Made to Play

So I have some Jordan's that I bought to wear with jeans, but I'm finding that my current basketball shoes are basically shit. I bought them at a Nike outlet and I keep twisting my ankle and have been having pains in my feet and knees ever since. I'm curious if the Jordan's I bought can or should be used for basketball playing, or if they're really just made for fashion.

http://www.finishline.com/store/prod...tId=prod747839

Two comments on the page:

""If you want to play ball and in style these are the shoes for you. Not only are they very unique looking yet not overly flashy, they wear like a running shoe in feel and mobility. If you are a quick guard you will have a hard time finding a more responsive sneaker. Highly recommended."

"Fits true to size. Quality could be a bit better, but they are improving that next year. Comfortable shoe but worn for style, not on the court."

If you are a pro, sure, if you are a pedestrian, you might not want to wear $170 kicks for playing. I guess it depends on your income. CAN they be used? Of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Yeah I read those reviews too. I bought them for style, but haven't worn them much...so it was either try them out, or sell them

I have over about 17 pairs of Jordans. 3 of them I have worn to death and they have become 'beaters' where I play basketball in them. They are pretty good to play basketball in if you have trouble with twisting your ankles stay away from the 4s,11s, and sometimes the 14s. The quality has waned but they are still very good basketball shoes. 10s are great for basketball, my favorite perhaps along with 6s.

Yeah these are 14s and the reviews are good, complaints come from certain size ranges that I don't fall into. I'll give them a shot today and see how this goes. I'm hoping they help me with pain from playing...if they don't, I'm just getting old then. Thanks for t=he replies

- - - Updated - - -

Played like 6-7 4 on 4 games with these and they worked out great, thanks for the feedback. They're a little heavier than I'm used to, so I got winded more quickly but the high top helped me shoot better. I felt a lost a step due to the heft, but I think I just need to get used to them and wear them in