Frost mage dps issue

Hey,

i have always played fire, or sometimes arcane and decided now to give frost a go. Somehow my dps is low and when i check my dmg resources i guess i do something wrong. Last raid my best dmg resource was always frostbolt...sometimes its about 30% of my dmg done. When i check logs, other mages use to have the highest dmg source from icycles...sometimes far ahead of the rest. My icycles are like on 3rd position as a dmg source. And i cant figure out why...
    I know in some fights its important to time the cds...but to me it seems that also on a unspectacular single target fight its just the same.

Here are my stats:

Haste: 38% (760)
    Crit: 35% (578)
    Mastery: 50.7% (399)

Glyphs: CoC,Splitting Ice,IV
    Talents: MirrorImages,UM

Is there something wrong with my stats, or do i have a wrong rotation? Maybe mastery to low?

the reason their icicles are the highest, is because of Haste, not Mastery. Haste is the no.1 stat aside from multi-strike for Frost.. More Haste = more frostbolts/ brainfreeze procs which in turn grants more icicles... so They are able to launch more icicles at once at lower variable times compared to a mage who is just spamming frostbolt and having 1 icicle launch only due to it being replaced. Mastery DOES help this damage, but those BiS mages are tuning certain aspects of their character to perform on specific fights. When their gear has the Haste they NEED, they then start going into Mastery to buff those icicles. Usually most Frost Mages have Arcane as their offspec. So getting their Haste where they need it, then going everything else into Mastery is usually the best case for those mages who switch specs often.

Prior to 6.0.2 release Mastery was #1 stat after capping haste at 50% raid buffed.

With 6.0.2 ideally you tossed your non PBoI trinket in favor of KTT (only MS item you can currently get). For me that was tossing Black Blood which meant a lot of haste. So regemmed from Mastery to Haste to maintain almost 50% raid buffed haste (50% haste caps IL at 1 sec GCD) and obviously makes your FB cast faster and FB is your FoF/BF generator.

Icicles are created by Frost bolt and Frostfire Bolt casts and their Multistrikes, the strength of said Icicles is determined by your mastery.

PPN, since you are using UM I would suggest reading http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/272-Mage by Dutchmagoz

All this is out the window once you hit 100, at 100, well that is still a work in progress MS will definitely be your friend, after that...

so im 588 ilvl and i have mostly haste mastery gear i got to 50% haste raid buffed but im only sitting at 58% mastery i dont get how people say they are getting to 80% mastery i have mostly mastery haste gear