The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Pre-heal no longer visible?

I have no idea how to adress this, because I don't know the term for it. Therefore, I've googled myself silly and found nothing valid.

My problem:

Prior to patch 6.0, when I would cast a heal, I would see a transparent piece of the targets healthbar being added to show how much was being healed. Very useful when healing in a hectic dungeon or raid.

After patch 6.0, this is gone.

Is there any way to turn it on? How am I suppose to pre-heal now? Just learn the exact numbers my spells heal and calculate whats best for each situation?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't think I've seen it either. Will have to check later.

i hope its just a bug, it was a great thing ,no reason to remove it

or maybe its part of the making healing hard again set of changes,who knows

Options > Interface > Raid Profiles > check Display Incoming Heals. Works fine for me? If an addon you are using isn't displaying healthbars properly its probably because they havent been updated very well Id say. Not yet anyway.
    Last edited by sherman9800; 2014-10-24 at 09:09 PM.

One of my addon still does it, maybe Quartz or PitBull. But it's bugged like hell, couse they changed the base spell numbers and spellpower and all kinde of shit, so it shows me i'll heal like 10%HP and i heal 40%HP in reality. Gues it's the same reason why Blizzard turned it off, they didn't had time to update the changes in this function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sherman9800 View Post
    Options > Interface > Raid Profiles > check Display Incoming Heals. Works fine for me? If an addon you are using isn't displaying healthbars properly its probably because they havent been updated very well Id say. Not yet anyway.
    This. You have to have it enabled; they've also added a new health bar display that works for de-buffs that absorb healing, which looks like an absorb indicator, but shows on the left side of your health bar.

Many things, such as this and Target of Target and scrolling combat text, showed up as "Enabled" in my interface yet weren't after 6.0. You have to actually turn them off, apply and turn the turn back on and check them again to get them to work properly.

I have no idea why that happened, but incoming heals feature still exists at least.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    This. You have to have it enabled; they've also added a new health bar display that works for de-buffs that absorb healing, which looks like an absorb indicator, but shows on the left side of your health bar.
    I'm gonna try that, thanks