Question New gfx card for mmo's (1440p)

Hey guys im looking at buying a new graphics card to replace my radeon 6950. With my new monitor i can never get decent frames with the old card. I play mainly mmo's (WoW, SWTOR, Wildstar) and really want to achieve 60fps at 2560 x 1440 with all the boxes ticked. I've been considering the three cards at the $500 price point (gtx780, gtx970, Radeon 290x) and need to know if i need to go to cards higher than this, or are these overkill and i can step down? I have searched for benchmarks for mmo's and have not found any. I'd appreciate any insight you can provide. Thank you.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think the GTX 970 would be fine for just MMOs, and it I don't think it costs $500.

10+ Year Old Account
    GTX 970 is the best bet right now for 1440p. Should handle any current MMO at max.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I forgot to specify that I live in AU and thats how much they cost here.

However, I have taken your advice and bought a GTX 970 (Zotac) from Amazon US and got it with shipping to AU for $420 so pretty happy.