Thread: PvP Gear in WoD

PvP Gear in WoD

So Im a 100% PvPer feeling very disgruntled by the fact that there are plenty of PvP gear very usefull for PvE on WoD (stupid trinket Im looking at you) and I need to knwo how does one get the Gladiator gear on WoD. Will they be avaliable from day 1 and all I need to do is farm the Conquest points trough BGs, arenas, Ashram (does it even give Conquest ) or is there some kind of gatting ?
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-10-25 at 01:04 AM.

Deleted
    I'm guessing that it will be as usual.
    You do arena / rated battleground for conquest points.
    The only thing that usually isn't available in the beginning
    are the conquest weapons because you have to earn 7250
    points before you can buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    I'm guessing that it will be as usual.
    You do arena / rated battleground for conquest points.
    The only thing that usually isn't available in the beginning
    are the conquest weapons because you have to earn 7250
    points before you can buy it.
    Any other slots have Conquest points trasholds or is it normaly just weapons ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Any other slots have Conquest points trasholds or is it normaly just weapons ?
    Just weapons. 7250 total season earned which usually ends up at around 4 weeks of capping for casual players.
    Players who maximize their cap with higher ratings usually get weapons a week or so earlier than casuals.

Just weapons. 7250 total season earned which usually ends up at around 4 weeks of capping for casual players.
    Players who maximize their cap with higher ratings usually get weapons a week or so earlier than casuals.
    Thats quite troblesome, PvP is gona be the best way to get gear prior to Highmaul opening than for sure. Not sure what Blizzards is thinking here.

Thats quite troblesome, PvP is gona be the best way to get gear prior to Highmaul opening than for sure. Not sure what Blizzards is thinking here.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=115138&bonus=0 this 620 honor gear is BiS before WoD...?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Hasnt it always been like that? People in my guild always did arenas/rbgs to get geared before raids and then they rapidly
    replaced items as they got epics from raids...

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=115138&bonus=0 this 620 honor gear is BiS before WoD...?
    What are you talking about ? Im talking about the 660(690 PvP) ilevel conquest gear. My question is exactly if its obtainable on the first three weeks of WoD. If the answer is yes like MrApple is saying than theres only a few better options for anyone when going into Highmaul and PvErs will want to get as many PvP Conquest itens as possible.

Hasnt it always been like that? People in my guild always did arenas/rbgs to get geared before raids and then they rapidly
    replaced items as they got epics from raids...
    In Pandaria it wasnt because of the PvPpower/Defense and the fact the itens were actualy pretty low Ilevel. Tehrye much higher PvE ilevel now in proportion and the trinkets are a bit insane cause they proc agility/str/int, no other trinket does that and for a bunch of classes these trinkets are BIS or almost BIS even considering Mythic trinkets. Thats not quite right.

Arena opens late and that weapon takes like 4 weeks for the best to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Arena opens late and that weapon takes like 4 weeks for the best to get.
    The problem is not the weapon its the trinket. Realisticly how many Conquest Points can a person get before Highmaul opens (weaks 1 to 3) ? Also since Highmaul opens on weak 4 you could potentialy get even the weapon before raiding if youre guild dont raid on Thursdays or if you just grind Conquest like a maniac before your raid time, and those weapons are better than the crafted gear and only very slightly worse than heroic Highmaul ones (depending on your class spec theyre gona be better cause of itemization) wich si the best you can egt on weak 1 of raiding.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-10-25 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    The pvp season will start the same day as raids open btw..

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/524701493950025729

They'll nerf the pve ilvl of the pvp gear if necessary. They did it in MoP when the honor gear was too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

The pvp season will start the same day as raids open btw..

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/524701493950025729
    Im honestly very terribly noob at PvP (as in I never go near it if i can avoid), without the season open can we still get some conquest somehow or not at all ? If its the second than I guess I wont be griding conquest points like mad, Ill just get the 1750 for the OP trinket.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't get conquest points before the season starts. Highmaul normal trinkets, along with heroic, will be available the same day arena season starts. The following week LFR and Mythic will be available.

If you don't want to rely on rng you could cap conquest on the first week and get the 660 pvp one.

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    You can't get conquest points before the season starts. Highmaul normal trinkets, along with heroic, will be available the same day arena season starts. The following week LFR and Mythic will be available.

If you don't want to rely on rng you could cap conquest on the first week and get the 660 pvp one.
    The deal with the PvP trinkets was that they were BiS, true BiS, better than Mythic trinkets. Blizz seens to have nerfed the proc on this last beta build tough making them as strong as a ilevel 660 trinket should be not stronger than an ilevel 695. Ty for the info btw.