Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Cool Best leveling spec for WoD?

Please give your opinion why you believe spec X will be best. This post is directed toward 580+ geared locks since obviously scaling and gear will affect the leveling process (at least the first few levels).

What Warlock spec will be the fastest and most effecient way to power level 90-100?

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gaderas/simple

- - - Updated - - -

My initial thoughts are to lvl to 93-94 as Affliction since im 586 and everything dies when you put 1 or 2 instant cast DoT's on an enemy. After our gear comes in line with the draenor level gear im thinking destro or demo will be best. What do ya'll think?

Quote Originally Posted by Timotheus View Post
    Please give your opinion why you believe spec X will be best. This post is directed toward 580+ geared locks since obviously scaling and gear will affect the leveling process (at least the first few levels).

What Warlock spec will be the fastest and most effecient way to power level 90-100?

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gaderas/simple

- - - Updated - - -

My initial thoughts are to lvl to 93-94 as Affliction since im 586 and everything dies when you put 1 or 2 instant cast DoT's on an enemy. After our gear comes in line with the draenor level gear im thinking destro or demo will be best. What do ya'll think?
    Demo. Toss out corruption AE pull then HoG.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demonology bar far. Killing blows grant 100 fury, permanent metamorphosis uptime for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another for demo. On the beta with it you are pretty much a lawnmower.

All 3 work if you are after fun...if you are a factory looking for 0.01% efficiency then not sure what to tell you...

Destro had some fun and fast paced game play with F&B + sac...Affi put out insane single target dmg...Demo I hated how fast felguard HP drops so I had to turn taunt off and ended up tanking myself....

3 very different styles all work...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Demonology bar far. Killing blows grant 100 fury, permanent metamorphosis uptime for the most part.

I wasnt aware that we recieved DF back. What is causing us to get 100 DF back on killing blows?

I wasnt aware that we recieved DF back. What is causing us to get 100 DF back on killing blows?
    This is nothing new. You have to be in meta form to get it though. But with the 100 DF return on killing blows and soul consumption glyph you can plow through enemies super fast with burning rush up near 100% of the time if the adds aren't too spread out.

Demo + Glyph of Soul Comsuption and burn down everything.

GoSup Demo

I am planning on running this...
    1-3-2-2-1-2

Talents
    I plan on abusing Burning Rush, which will eat through absorbs first (SacPact). Dark Regeneration paired with Healthstones will give me 40-100k heals on a 2 min cd.
    T2 I was not sure about, I chose the talent that won't cause mobs to run around and grab all there buddies while also giving me some AoE cc ability (Wrathstorm)
    GoSup will give my pet more dmg and as I plan on letting him do most the killing anyways, that works perfect
    KJC will let me keep moving between packs or kite if need be

Glyphs
    Soul Consumption - Only drawback is you have to get the KB, not your felguard, might switch out with Drain Life if results are lackluster
    Healthstone - Double the healing adds sustain
    Demon Training - Wrathguard will be taking most of the damage and Health Funnel is % based

Health Funnel - Never have to Stop to Heal Wrathguard, also with abuse of SacPac so i can BR healthfunnel becomes important
    Falling Meteor - No Fall Damage is Appealing in a world with no flying mounts
    Eye Of Kilrogg - Lets me place down portal, possibly skipping packs is appealing
    * I would take Nightmare if I didn't have water strider for water walking

I am going for something to this effect...
    Youtube WoD Power Leveling 90 - 100 ( Beta ) Part 4

I leveled demon and I didnt need healing at all. only required glyph is falling meteor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblucy View Post
    GoSup will give my pet more dmg and as I plan on letting him do most the killing anyways

I like your strategy for leveling by using the absorbs and heals. GoSup will be great to have. After learning that our killing blows refund 100 DF while in Meta it seems it would be beneficial to try and get the killing blows rather than let your pet take them. Nice build! : )

I'm thinking demo with grim of superiority. Tier 1 I'm thinking health funnel as you can channel instantly, shift to SF/ToC for killing blows/imp spawns, DF bonus. Soul consumption possibly, coil (for heal mostly and shadowfury DR's w' axe toss), glyph of meteor, demon training maybe, burning rush, and DL glyph since its needed to make HL suck less. That should keep me and my pet well healed, decent DF, as much mobility as a lock gets, and not being tied to long shadowbolt casts. Also work on pet micro so you can send him at the next mob to granny choke the killing blows yourself for DF. With skills gone you can bind pet attack/follow/etc to put him where you need him.

Probably keep a destro spec for dungeons or if I have to cast while on the toilet and couldn't move otherwise.

Demon is pretty easy if you have any gear at all from SoO. Literally put corruption on a large group of mobs you need, stand in the middle of them and wrathstorm. If you can meta, CW as they get low great, if not they still die stupid fast anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    you can also use the drain life buffs via talent and glyph and drain tank against more difficult creatures. your dots, minion and imps will do the rest while u soak all the damage......old school warlock tactics are back in the game
    but most likely that wont be necessary because with enough dps, you can kill off everything before your health gets low, especially with the bonus armor provided in metamorphosis.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair the passive of CW to give back Fury on killing blows isn't anywhere in the spellbook / any guide.

Example: Chaos Wave blobs on Dark Shamans, instant 1000 Fury.

Deleted
    well, im going with demo but the sole reason for that is to get myself more acquinted with the spec as it isnt a spec ive played much and it seems that blizz want to make it a bit more worth playing, provided they actually remove the nerfs it got recently and fix the SF bug.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well, im going with demo but the sole reason for that is to get myself more acquinted with the spec as it isnt a spec ive played much and it seems that blizz want to make it a bit more worth playing, provided they actually remove the nerfs it got recently and fix the SF bug.
    You're not going to learn demon by leveling with it. You will not have time to get any sort of rotation going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    Demo will be mostly Corruption spamming for pulling mobs, grouping up and double Chaos Wave + Immolation Aura.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    You're not going to learn demon by leveling with it. You will not have time to get any sort of rotation going.
    well, demo is less about rotations and more about priority imo and the opener is the tricky part of the spec, other than that its pretty straight forward. its about getting to make it feel as natural as it does playing the other specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Demo will be mostly Corruption spamming for pulling mobs, grouping up and double Chaos Wave + Immolation Aura.
    and felstorm^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    To be fair the passive of CW to give back Fury on killing blows isn't anywhere in the spellbook / any guide.

Example: Chaos Wave blobs on Dark Shamans, instant 1000 Fury.
    Is Chaos Wave the only spell we recieve 100 fury on killing blows?
    Last edited by mmoc96d21e2d28; 2014-10-27 at 10:36 PM.