Thread: Toy Box: Dice

10+ Year Old Account

Toy Box: Dice

Does anyone know if you can obtain the dice you get from rogue pickpocketing for the toybox more than once?

I went around on my rogue and got all three, used them and put them in my toybox, but now I'm wondering if I could obtain them again to sell or give to friends?

10+ Year Old Account
    afaik you should be able to. they arent rare unique or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Yes, you can. The drop rate can be pretty awful though, so I'm not sure I'd want to try for more.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

As far as I know most toys should be obtainable more than once, with perhaps the exception being quest rewards on the same character.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

You can get multiple. I farmed for the Decahedral Dwarven Dice for about half an hour and got two, one for myself and another for a friend. I'm sure the other two can come in multiples too. The Troll Dice took me about two hours, and the Loaded Gnomish Dice...oh wait, nope, still haven't gotten that one yet. Good luck on your hunt!

Can anyone recommend some good spots to farm these dice?

My post on Wowhead about the location.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    Can anyone recommend some good spots to farm these dice?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=36863#comments:id=1507121

Rolling the Dice: A Pick pocketing Guide to Dice

What’s needed:
    A Rogue (74 and up for [item=36862] and [item=36863]) (83 and up for [item=63269])
    A will to not punch yourself in the face from a long grind.
    Glyph of Pickpocket

>>>[item=36862]<<<
    Task: Stealth and Pick Pocket every mob in Skorn.
    Skorn is probably the best place to gather your troll dice from. The mobs are plentiful and if you time it right you can make a loop (including landing on top of the towers with the mages and picking their pockets, keep in mind to do this you must have Cold Weather Flying, and fly high enough above they won’t see you, but not too high that you can’t land safely) and get back to your “start point” and have the mobs pockets refilled.
    I personally start at the northernmost point, by the river, with the two lumberjack guys, and then work my way to the big building, and back around, find a path that works for you.
    >>>[item=36863]<<<
    Task: Stealth and Pick Pocket every mob in New Hearthglen
    New Hearthglen is literally overflowing with mobs. Each one can be pick pocketed, even the ones riding on the horse. If you make a complete cycle through New Hearthglen, starting at the large front gates, you can circle around to the beach, and then travel up the side ramp, and be back around by the building with the archery targets, and cycle through. There is no-downtime here.
    This place is fantastic for finding the dice, I personally have picked 3 of them from this particular spot. There is only one mob in the whole place that doesn’t drop the dice, and that’s the bishop in the small church by the stables.
    >>>[item=63269]<<<
    Task: Pick Pocket every mob on Maker's Ascent and Kill them after.
    How this works is to start at the bottom of the stairs, pick the two guys standing there (it is not neccesary to kill these two) then pick the groups of ten in a grid pattern so you don't miss one and you remember where you are in the pickpocketing. It makes it easier if you sap the elite infantrymen, as it stops them all in place and you can roll around easily. After you've finished a group kill them - there are two reasons for this - the first is they respawn faster then their pockets refill. The second is if you're not alone pickpocketing there, it'll signal to your fellow rogues that the group has been pickpocketed.
    Work your way up the ramp, and once you make it to Ruins of Khintaset, you mount up, and fly back down to the bottom and you should have to wait only thirty or so seconds for respawns. Yes - they drop dice. On a side note, I've gotten world drop epics, patterns, and rares from the mobs after they've been killed, and it'll make a little extra gold for you.

Tools:
    I personally use this macro.

Code:
    #showtooltip Pick Pocket
    /cast sap
    /cast Pick Pocket
    Notes:
    The drop rate is low. I spoke to a GM, and though they can’t tell you anything that you don’t already know, he gave me this advice, “Pickpocket a lot, every time you can.”
    If the mob has [item=37467], then they drop [item=36863]. If they have [item=38260] then they drop [item=36862]. At least this is what I’m seeing.
    Typically [item=36862] drop from Trolls and Vyrkul.
    Typically [item=36863] drops from Humans and Dwarves.
    Typically [item=63269] drops from any Cataclysm Humanoids who can be pickpocketed.
    Keep in mind, there are always exceptions to any rules, but these are personally what I’ve observed.

Good luck and don’t lose your mind!
    Edited - Brought up in line for WoD Release for those working on the toybox, edited for grammar, and added Loaded Gnomish Dice to the list.

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I followed the guide linked above, managed to get all 3 without too much trouble. Definitely not interested in farming more though XD. Unless I could trade them to a friend for another toy

Quote Originally Posted by Moritsume View Post
    I followed the guide linked above, managed to get all 3 without too much trouble. Definitely not interested in farming more though XD. Unless I could trade them to a friend for another toy
    They're bind on use, so yes, yes you can.

The dice sell for a lot given they're a toy box item, potentially an alternative method of farming

On my server those dice sell for way more than the compass, both shadowmourne toys and the orb of deception. So yeah, those are probably your best bet if you're looking for something to farm and sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the responses guys. I checked and there are a few up on my server's auction house for a good amount. I'm wondering if they actually sell though. As in, are people actually willing to spend 15-20k on something like that for their toy box, or are people just posting them for that amount and they are sitting there unsold?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Thanks for all the responses guys. I checked and there are a few up on my server's auction house for a good amount. I'm wondering if they actually sell though. As in, are people actually willing to spend 15-20k on something like that for their toy box, or are people just posting them for that amount and they are sitting there unsold?

First 3 are dice. 4 is unusual compass. 5 is orb of deception. 7 is snowmaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.