Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Question how to deal with this?

played agains a druid as priest..

druid start
    turn1 innervate - shade of naxx.

how im supose to kill it now???
    my first AOE is holy nova 5 mana soo it give him time to his shade to be 5/6
    second AOE is achenai soulpriest+ circle of life, 4 mana for 4 damage, but by turn 3+coins his shade was 4/5...

soo in the end, he wait for his shade of Naxxramas to have the damage to kill me, and attack, all this time shade of naxxramas has invisible.
    i played many taunt, but he used all his minion to kill them, and only did like 4 damage to me.

soo how you guys deal with this card as priest? O_o

P.s He kill me on turn 9 with force of nature+savage war (4+4+4+2+12=26 damage

luck was on his side, sadly.

And that is why i stopped playing Hearthstone: Heroes of Topdeckcraft.
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinouka View Post
    played agains a druid as priest..

druid start
    turn1 innervate - shade of naxx.

how im supose to kill it now???
    my first AOE is holy nova 5 mana soo it give him time to his shade to be 5/6
    second AOE is achenai soulpriest+ circle of life, 4 mana for 4 damage, but by turn 3+coins his shade was 4/5...

soo in the end, he wait for his shade of Naxxramas to have the damage to kill me, and attack, all this time shade of naxxramas has invisible.
    i played many taunt, but he used all his minion to kill them, and only did like 4 damage to me.

soo how you guys deal with this card as priest? O_o

P.s He kill me on turn 9 with force of nature+savage war (4+4+4+2+12=26 damage
    Auchenai + Circle is available when the shade is a 4/4. (grows on his turn 2 & 3, either you have coin or 4 mana by your turn 3/4).

Also, have you considered you're not supposed to immediately remove him? He's down two cards for no value until turn 9. He literally discarded half his starting hand for the chance to deal 12 extra damage on turn 9. You could've pressured him with enough minions to force him to unstealth his guy to trade with yours - which shouldn't be too difficult given he's down two starting cards. You also could've placed Loatheb right before his turn 9. Or dropped your taunts when you knew he didn't have enough board presence to take them out.

The game plan isn't to have enough hp to survive the druid's max burst - that doesn't work. The game plan is to force him to play the cards that you want him to, or act in a certain way. From this rendition, what I got was the druid crippled his hand for a gamble at a late game payoff, and was able to match you every step of the way until turn 9 while being down 4 cards (innervate, shade, force, and savage roar). He deserved the win.

Mass dispel is also not a dead card in the current meta, which also would've handily taken care of the guy.

There are always plenty of solutions to any specific problem. Adapt or lose.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2014-10-25 at 01:41 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Auchenai + Circle is available when the shade is a 4/4. (grows on his turn 2 & 3, either you have coin or 4 mana by your turn 3/4).

Also, have you considered you're not supposed to immediately remove him? He's down two cards for no value until turn 9. He literally discarded half his starting hand for the chance to deal 12 extra damage on turn 9. You could've pressured him with enough minions to force him to unstealth his guy to trade with yours - which shouldn't be too difficult given he's down two starting cards. You also could've placed Loatheb right before his turn 9. Or dropped your taunts when you knew he didn't have enough board presence to take them out.

The game plan isn't to have enough hp to survive the druid's max burst - that doesn't work. The game plan is to force him to play the cards that you want him to, or act in a certain way. From this rendition, what I got was the druid crippled his hand for a gamble at a late game payoff, and was able to match you every step of the way until turn 9 while being down 4 cards (innervate, shade, force, and savage roar). He deserved the win.

Mass dispel is also not a dead card in the current meta, which also would've handily taken care of the guy.

There are always plenty of solutions to any specific problem. Adapt or lose.
    i got loatheb and mass dispell, just was'nt lucky to draw them maybe he deserve the win, but i was very not lucky on the draw (no auchenin+circle turn3) and i didnt draw mass dispell or loatheb for turn 9

Coin into Mad Bomber.
    Play Knife Juggler and juggle.
    Have him play Death Lord and have it draw out your Ragnaros and snipe it.
    Thoughtsteal a few Swipes.

Luck > bad luck. If you get bad draws and he gets great ones, you will lose. Indeed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinouka View Post
    i got loatheb and mass dispell, just was'nt lucky to draw them maybe he deserve the win, but i was very not lucky on the draw (no auchenin+circle turn3) and i didnt draw mass dispell or loatheb for turn 9
    Just crap luck then, that's all. If he was using all his other minions solely to take down yours, then drawing some of these cards would probably have been a win for you.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

All the time it is stealthed it's doing nothing, you need to pressure to make them use it.

Same thing could be said of Priest "Turn 3 my opponent played Injured Blademaster plus circle, now he has a 4/7 how am I supposed to deal with that?"