WOD- SHATTRATH SPOILERS !! Not Just an Orc Expansion

If thisss has been posteddd sorry,

Foundddd this on the beta a few days ago.... around the level 100 Sargerai Area in Shattrath City, if you keep climbing up the Shattrath City Market, eventually you reach the Overlook of Shattrath, where it is obviously completely overrun and being invaded by the Burning Legion. There is a Demon Lord there, " LORD KORINAK" and even th skybox is all green and fel, like the BC SMV. Idk about everyone else but i am Superrr Excited!!

n when you jump on Shatt it bounces you awayyyyyy... raid inc?? I think pretty likely since there were rumors about Shatt raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neato. Nice find. I think we were all pretty much expecting the legion to drop by. Nobody poops on their plans and gets away with it for long (see: Illidan).

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Neato. Nice find. I think we were all pretty much expecting the legion to drop by. Nobody poops on their plans and gets away with it for long (see: Illidan).
    Thanks Yesss ! was just happily surprised

10+ Year Old Account
    That demon you linked is a rare elite, so I guess it's just an area where you'll hunt for him sometimes.
    afaik Shattrath gets taken back by horde/alliance in the lv100 weekly quests after a month or two .
    Atm Blizzard have said 2 tiers. So it's likely it'll skip the presumed Shatt one (spoiler above) and go to Grom's forestry raid/ possibility of faraholn (or whatever its called) if they do 3 tiers.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Lord Korinakk is a silver dragon rare mob. I'm fairly sure I saw him wandering around the regular lower part of Shattrath city when I was doing the apexis stone quest on Beta a couple of months ago. There are demons in Shattrath. Not sure that we are learning much extra simply because there are demons downstairs AND upstairs in Shattrath and because the skybox changes colour. There are demons all over Telador, inside Auchindoun and in other places too. Burning legion is part of WOD and I wont be suprised if we see them play a bigger role later on in the xpac.

I'm expecting them to be part of the Gromm end of xpac boss fight somehow.

Well they said the Final Raid will have some legion influence so i would not be surprised if part of the final raid takes place in Shatt. As we saw with the last two end expansion raids DS and SoO you can start the raid in one area and end it in a very different place far from where you started.

Field Marshal Chad Bro Chill 17's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. It is almost as if they weren't lying when they said that WoD was not only about orcs. People judge and assume way too much. But this looks awesome.
    "The Light that guides us. This movement was set in motion before you came... We... We do as we are told. It is what must be done."

Very, very cool.

- - - Updated - - -

http://wod.wowhead.com/achievement=9641

This is an interesting Legion-hinting achievement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    That demon you linked is a rare elite, so I guess it's just an area where you'll hunt for him sometimes.
    afaik Shattrath gets taken back by horde/alliance in the lv100 weekly quests after a month or two .
    Atm Blizzard have said 2 tiers. So it's likely it'll skip the presumed Shatt one (spoiler above) and go to Grom's forestry raid/ possibility of faraholn (or whatever its called) if they do 3 tiers.
    Where do you find those quests? The 5.1-esque story lines?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Shattrath is reclaimed during level 100 questing. It's rather anti-climatic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Holy crap demons could use some new models. And we already know that next raid we get is orc raid with demon influence. So green/red/pink/scarlet/purple/blue/yellow orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pink orcs Kreygasm

Deleted
    If they only release two raid tiers, you wont see a Shattrath raid.

We already know that the second Raid tier will be Orcs+Legion and that the final boss will be Grom Hellscream but "not another orc" (both said by Blizzard developers) - so my best guess is, that he will drink the demon blood and will be a big, blood red, Hellorc with Legion demon minions when we face and kill him.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Shattrath is reclaimed during level 100 questing. It's rather anti-climatic.
    Is there any hope of it becoming a proper city hub again after this?

Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    Is there any hope of it becoming a proper city hub again after this?
    No, it remains full of demons after the quests because it used for 2 of the garrison war planning map dailies. However, there is a phase of it between the Battle for Shattrath scenario and reaching level 100 where it is populated by friendly draenei. So, if you really want to see it when it's not full of angry shit you'll have to do it before hitting 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is... is that demon a Tauren?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    We already know that the second Raid tier will be Orcs+Legion and that the final boss will be Grom Hellscream but "not another orc" (both said by Blizzard developers) - so my best guess is, that he will drink the demon blood and will be a big, blood red, Hellorc with Legion demon minions when we face and kill him.
    It still hasn't been confirmed there will only be 2 tiers (they always say try to go faster but never do, they try to but never seems to happen) so it's not out of the question to get like a Cho'gall void raid or maybe a Botani raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Is... is that demon a Tauren?
    My thoughts excactly. Remove the wings and you get a yellow tauren.