Question Fury Questions about One Handed Weapons.

Is it just better to use two two-handed weapons? I rarely see any one handed weapons beat two two-handed ones at the same item level. Damage per second anyway.

Note that this is an extremely abridged and simplified answer.

One Handed Weapons are stronger for single target fights due to better Execute damage. Two Handed Weapons are stronger for multiple target fights due to better cleave damage from Whirlwind and Bladestorm. People generally run Two Handed Weapons because there aren't that many pure single target fights in raids. Also, the damage difference on single target between One Handed and Two Handed Weapons is relatively small while the damage difference on multiple target/cleave is relatively more significant.

But the most important reason to go One Handed or Two Handed is what the highest item level weapons you have access to are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally, both of them are fairly close. Theres a passive that causes your damage with 1 handed weapons to be roughly equal to that of 2 handed weapons (Single-minded fury). Recently though, Titans Grip has been ahead. That remains to be seen for WoD- SMF is sometimes ahead, and TG is sometimes ahead, and they swap positions fairly often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Note that this is an extremely abridged and simplified answer.

One Handed Weapons are stronger for single target fights due to better Execute damage. Two Handed Weapons are stronger for multiple target fights due to better cleave damage from Whirlwind and Bladestorm. People generally run Two Handed Weapons because there aren't that many pure single target fights in raids. Also, the damage difference on single target between One Handed and Two Handed Weapons is relatively small while the damage difference on multiple target/cleave is relatively more significant.

But the most important reason to go One Handed or Two Handed is what the highest item level weapons you have access to are.
    This is another odd question, what if I used one one-handed weapon with a two-handed one? Is that just plain stupid? haha.

So generally use two handed weapons unless a one handed one drops with better item level, in technicality. However, it isn't a huge deal if I decided to use one handed weapons over two handed ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    This is another odd question, what if I used one one-handed weapon with a two-handed one? Is that just plain stupid? haha.

So generally use two handed weapons unless a one handed one drops with better item level, in technicality. However, it isn't a huge deal if I decided to use one handed weapons over two handed ones?
    Use whatever you have the best item level for overall. You have to use two of the same kind. 2h/2h or 1h/1h. No 2h/1h.

If equal ilvl between both kinds, use 2h/2h for aoe, 1h/1h for single target.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post

You will only receive the Single-Minded Fury bonus if you have 2x One Handed Weapons equipped. Won't effect your Two Handed Weapon's damage but there's no reason to mix things up like that as, in that case, you can just go Arms or pick up a shield for Gladiator.

Generally at the start of progression I go SMF since there is a lot less competition for loot. It's more optimal for your overall raid assuming you have other plate DPS that need 2h-ers. At the start of SOO progression for example we had a DK and a Ret, so I went SMF and took 1H-ers until they both got a 2H, then I went for the 2H-ers(yes tanks also use 1h-ers but tanks should usually pass on weapon upgrades to DPS since it's a bigger upgrade for us).