Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe so. We currently don't have that good real time translation softwares about, and the language barrier is something we, the users have created. It is an international game after all, english is commonly used then. Then you have people not wanting to use english, so they'll huddle in to guilds of their own country/language. Only way a fix would be is a real time translation, though wont be in the near future to get one that works correct enough.

Blizzard offers support of selected languages, from there on, I don't think they should do more. Just means more translators needed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Better question is - "can blizzard fix the stupid".
    Seriously, if you need to explain basic things to a person in LFR that means they are bad players, it has nothing to do with language barrier, because if they were even remotely decent players, they would learn how to play their role on their own native version of game client, which would be speaking their own language, whatever it is. Do you honestly expect people like that to follow your directions? I have seen people that were clearly understanding english well, yet failing to follow even the most basic directions and strategy.

Also the vast majority of foreign people that play video games online, consider themself advanced users, browse web a lot, would speak english or at least understand some of it, good enough to read simple instructions written in chat. The only people i ever met that completely do not understand english at all, not even a few basic words, are small kids or maybe really old grannies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohforfsake View Post

The only people i ever met that completely do not understand english at all, not even a few basic words, are small kids or maybe really old grannies.
    If you or your family member or a friend has ever been on vacation to, for example, France, you would see that this is completely not true Even the young and educated adults very rarely speak even the basic English

On topic, I really think the person who suggested ingame emotes for the most important commands has a brilliant idea. Just add ''dispel'' and ''battle ress'' to that and it should be solved imo.
    Last edited by Snaige; 2014-10-25 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    Solution? Votekick
    If the person cant be bothered to learn english or communicate with others in some level of english then he shouldn't be playing this game IMO. I hate non english servers for this same reason. And this is coming from someone whose main language is not english. If i had to learn it in school then why fuck didn't they? These sort of people piss me off so much
    Last edited by mmocbaf13e71a2; 2014-10-25 at 02:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    how can someone fix that? ban people that don't speak english? force them to speak english? ... Seperate the non-english realms? Ragnaros is an english realm...

Well you are talking about a very hard problem here and this problem is not fix-able. Queue again to a different lfr I guess... you are a tank easy thing to do... and thats why its called LFR = LFrandomness !
    Ragnaros in the North America region is a latin american realm.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

anyone who went to school later than the 80s knows 3 of the languages english, french spanish german italian latin to at least the level where u can communicate efficiently.

This whole issue is not really existant, in a 25 man environment you are pretty much guaranteed to not have only elementary school guys.

Hell even my former 10 man raidteam roster on german realm is able to communicate in 15+ languages combined. Our maintank is stemming from namibia, our other tank is an austrian with curdish-turkish roots. we have got netherlands, austria, swiss, polish, and a dane, we have pakistani origin, and each of them knows at least 3 languages and every one speeks german.

and most play with english game clients, due to translation awkwardness and addon issues.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2014-10-25 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    Not so much u can do, unless u can teach the world english or release more language specified servers. And doing that would drastically lower population on All English spoken realms, to the fact that English might not be the biggest servers anymore.

So no. its an english game, if a player in your raid cant understand english, there is always the options to kick him from the raid

Just segregate the BR realms from the US realms, problem solved.

It's a realistic way to solve it, may not be a nice way, but it's a solution.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to throw in my opinion, I don't think any form of automated translation (like google translate integration or anything) is a real solution. I've seen my share of badly translated sentences/texts, in some cases it even adds more confusion. Its specially hard to translate slang language, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.