Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    You've gotten old!

Welcome to life.
    I am old and retired and I do not feel like the OP. Still play WoW and enjoy it very much. Same with movies and single players games like Medieval 2 Total War and looking forward to the upcoming new Dragon Age game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    I recently installed WoW and subbed to see the 6.0 changes and I just got so god damn bored I couldn't handle it and I said "WTF am i even doing here" and logged off / uninstalled the game. Now I went to look up movies to go watch at the cinema and I cannot find anything that looks interesting, everything looks utterly average and not worth the time/effort/money. I look at steam games and it all looks boring to me.

In the past few years I've had some life changing things happen (positive things) started lifting, finished uni, obtained a great job, got engaged, started playing sports, started being a lot more active socially with family/friends. Going to be 27 soon and I always thought I'd be into gaming/movies forever but I just cannot even pretend to be interested any longer.

I use to always build a new PC every year and now that earn the most money Ive ever earned in my life and have so much disposable income I still don't even care about building new PCs, every so often I think "time to do it" and then it hits me.....I don't even have a reason to build them anymore, i don't even fkn do anything on the PC.

My PC is 3 years old soon and this is by far the longest I've ever gone without min-maxing a new build every time new CPU/GPU come out. Even recently now when the iphone 6 came out usually I'd be all over that shit but I just-dont-care - still using iphone 4, contract expired years ago.

What's wrong with me bros?
    Your loss, and honestly you sound boring now.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does one "outgrow" technology and games. That doesn't make sense. You just need hobbies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I am old and retired and I do not feel like the OP. Still play WoW and enjoy it very much. Same with movies and single players games like Medieval 2 Total War and looking forward to the upcoming new Dragon Age game.
    are you in a relationship

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    are you in a relationship
    Do people not get into relationships with people who share the same interest as them? No wonder the divorce rate is above 50%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Do people not get into relationships with people who share the same interest as them? No wonder the divorce rate is above 50%
    They do and it can work out fine. But I have been married for over 30 years and to the same woman. We have little in common when it comes to entertainment. But we respect each other's private time and do not make it a issue. We do share some interests and do things together. But we are not glued to each other. :P

Deleted
    it's not about interests it's about time... A relationship comprised solely of gaming sounds boring

usually once in a relationship a % of time is spent together talking, having regular sex and going out together

Also the notion that a successful relationship requires both parties to share same hobbies is absolute bollocks

10+ Year Old Account
    They do and it can work out fine. But I have been married for over 30 years and to the same woman. We have little in common when it comes to entertainment. But we respect each other's private time and do not make it a issue. We do share some interests and do things together. But we are not glued to each other. :P
    That makes sense too. My mom is the DIY home improvement type. my dad likes sports, gadgets and video games. Happily married.

But what I see in a lot threads is that you suddenly have to drop your hobbies because you're in a relationship. Seems odd to me. So when people say that I think "well think find someone who shares your interest".

Deleted
    That makes sense too. My mom is the DIY home improvement type. my dad likes sports, gadgets and video games. Happily married.

But what I see in a lot threads is that you suddenly have to drop your hobbies because you're in a relationship. Seems odd to me.
    Not drop but naturally if you're in a relationship you won't be filling your entire free time gaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Not drop but naturally if you're in a relationship you won't be filling your entire free time gaming
    Who implied that?

10+ Year Old Account

But what I see in a lot threads is that you suddenly have to drop your hobbies because you're in a relationship. Seems odd to me.
    A red flag for myself would be another person who wants a serous relationship with me , yet wants me to do things in all cases which is what they want. Each person is a unique individual and a healthy relationship is based primarily on respect and trust. Along with love of course. But real love for a person will be reflected by your actions to the other person in those two points.

People change, though I find that it's quite normal to go through phases of your life where you just lack interest in certain areas. Maybe you'll find that it's more to your taste later on down the line, and even if it never does satisfy you again, there's nothing wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not. But how much time each person needs will vary and I can tell you from experience, time and getting older can impact that. Yet if you love someone, the responsibility to the needs of the other is always there. Still boils down to 2 things. Respect and trust.

Deleted
    Who implied that?
    You kind of

I suggested being in a relationship naturally reduces time or interest in previous hobbies
    You then said don't people enter relationships with those of same interests implying they don't need to reduce time

- - - Updated - - -

Of course not. But how much time each person needs will vary and I can tell you from experience, time and getting older can impact that. Yet if you love someone, the responsibility to the needs of the other is always there. Still boils down to 2 things. Respect and trust.
    Personally currently I game roughly 6+ hrs a day... If I opted for a relationship that would change. Currently I don't want to change thus single

10+ Year Old Account
    You kind of

I suggested being in a relationship naturally reduces time or interest in previous hobbies
    You then said don't people enter relationships with those of same interests implying they don't need to reduce time
    Ah well, maybe I misread your comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    You kind of

- - - Updated - - -

Personally currently I game roughly 6+ hrs a day... If I opted for a relationship that would change. Currently I don't want to change thus single
    First part. Like I said, how much free time a person may need can vary. Not saying if they are neglecting their other half they are doing the right thing. Because that would be violating the respect for the other person part. It is something each couple have to decide what is too much time on a hobby which is a different interest from the other.

Second part. That is a choice you are making. Nothing says we have to be in relationship to begin with to be happy.