iOS Strategy Game suggestions

Hi Folks,

I need your help.

My son recently convinced my wife to start playing Clash of Clans. I must tip my hat to him because she's not a gamer at all and for him to have gotten her to play at all is an amazing achievement. Thing is she's now addicted. She's rather taken in by the building of structure, growing and upgrading the village, resource gathering and management, etc. She's not so keen on the raiding aspect of it (takes almost personal offense when she's raided, and refuses to launch raids of her own), or the fantasy theme.

So, with that in mind, she has tasked me to find an iOS game for her to play that mimics Clash of Clans (resource gathering, town building, etc), but doesn't have the combat element, doesn't have a fantasy element (so no magic, "weird" creatures, wizards, dragons, etc) and is preferably, from a period perspective, based in the age where castles and villages were run of the mill, so "middle ages/king arthur" era (ie, not based in modern times with fancy cities, etc).

Tall ask, I know, and something I've failed with, so that's why I've come here to ask if anyone can suggest something.

Thanks in advance
    G

10+ Year Old Account
    All the ones (Empire for example: http://gameslikefinder.com/empire/) I know of have PvP or at least PvE content at their core. Not sure a purely economic RTS actually exists to be honest, especially on iOS. For PC there's options obviously.