Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I need the final answer of gold making in WoW.

Hello all fellow player's! I'm not playing beta and on forums are too much different answer's. I need just final answer from player's ''who knows''.....is it in WoD way, to make gold's on higher volume with any proffesion combination (got 5x lvl 90- 2x full incription,2x full jwc, 2x alchemy,1x enchanting). I will be happy with any serious opinion. Thank you

The key is selling a lot of stuff.

Buy Potions of Luck, farm Mogu dudes, sell the drops from chests. Also at end of game currently its not the best market to make money on anything, but I would anticipate crafting professions next xpac will be beneficial.

Uhm, sell stuff for more than you put into it (be it currency or effort)

Play the AH with certain add-ons, then all you'll need is time and you'll make bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaziel View Post
    Hello all fellow player's! I'm not playing beta and on forums are too much different answer's. I need just final answer from player's ''who knows''.....is it in WoD way, to make gold's on higher volume with any proffesion combination (got 5x lvl 90- 2x full incription,2x full jwc, 2x alchemy,1x enchanting). I will be happy with any serious opinion. Thank you

Just play the game... Seriously. If you do some dailies, a dungeon or two, and lfrs on each of those toons you should be getting at least 2-3k income a week. It adds up over time.

Otherwise, play the ah.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

Deleted
    He is attempting to figure out what Professions and combinations would be best utilised after WoD launches and we get Garrisons etc - I think he is looking to the future rather than now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
    Just play the game... Seriously. If you do some dailies, a dungeon or two, and lfrs on each of those toons you should be getting at least 2-3k income a week. It adds up over time.

Otherwise, play the ah.
    a week? you could make that in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    The final answer is...... NO ONE will tell you anything, else they'd cut their own wrist.
    If there was a magic secret, and it was known, it won't be a secret anymore, everyone and their grandma would do it, and as a result no one would make any gold with it anymore.....
    And therefore the final answer is.. Figure it out for yourself.

As in real life...
    Success comes from innovation and motivation..
    Bill Gates didn't get rich, cause he asked someone how to make the most money. Neither did Steve Jobs. And the list goes on.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    with that combination there is no reason for you not to be rolling in gold.

Buy herbs, Mill Herbs, Make glyphs, Sell Glyphs.
    Buy ore, Prospect Ore, Make gems, Sell gems.
    Send Small gems to Alchamist to make large gems, then make gems and sell gems
    Buy more flowers, Make potions and flasks, Sell potions and Flasks.

Use trade skill master to sell stuff effectively.
    Search you tube for TSM guides.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    WoW is constantly changing and, uhm, expanding. There will never be a final answer.

Example: LV60 Enchants were profitable in Vanilla. Now, not so much. In the future, maybe when people transmogrify their Enchanting Visuals.
    I tend to disagree,

Atm cause of how easy it is to pug Mythic and Heroic SoO etc, and all the gear acquired + all of the re-subs that happened cause of the new expansion there is a massive need for enchants and gems!

Selling enchants in AH on a full server made me over 250k in 4 days!

Deleted
    potion of luck =>> farm frogs =>> profit! and I mean it

Deleted
    You want to make gold easy in WoD. Get all your alt have their garsion build for follower missions. I think u can get 8-10 missions a day. If u have barracks level 3 and inn level 3, scrap yard level 3 u can get around maybe 500-800 g a day. And i think there are some "treasure hunting" missions too when u upgrade either barrack or Inn on level 3 that yield even more gold. So imagine this - 5 alts with garrisons focused on follower missions can bring you around 2-4k with extra shizzels. And if u are mythic raider you can get additional 1000 gold one or 2 times a week. I think over the time this will add up a lot of gold. And i don't think managing missions will require such a long time, maybe more or less to as it is to deal with farm right now.
    Not to mention that u can have a lot of gathering professions buildings. Selling the shit, even tho not as much if farm it yourself will still add up again.
    I personally don't see much point in farming mats and reagents when we are "deep" into the expansion and you have a lot of alts with developed Garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus-Garona View Post
    Buy Potions of Luck, farm Mogu dudes, sell the drops from chests. Also at end of game currently its not the best market to make money on anything, but I would anticipate crafting professions next xpac will be beneficial.
    If youre using potions of luck farm the sithik guys on the northern islands of townlong steppes. The amount of mobs to kill are drastically higher i usually have almost 100+ chests after an hour. I've never been able to get a good average number because my inventory fills before hand.

BOAs are the thing now with most top guilds selling runs for little as 5k so enchants and gems for those BOAs can make a tidy profit

Running old instances selling cloth DE mats seeing that nearly all old instances are easily soloable.

Cata enchants are better than MoP enchants so make those that includes pots and flasks so cata herbs can go for a nice profit.

Deleted
    its 42

legit

10+ Year Old Account
    Translation: I'm too lazy, please tell me how to make gold.

Well my advice is buy low sell high. Also stop being lazy, do research.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Let me give you a final answer for how to make gold.
    First of all, if you dont have enough personal skill to boost players in pvp or pve, there is no other way than trading.

There is no real trading without Auction House. I mean - you can trade without AH but you ll be dependent on chance,
    you can find a buyer (or seller) in trade channel but it s not reliable.

Having said that, you have to watch AH, for prices, quantities and trends.

THere is no single recipe how to make gold in AH.

You can deal in 1 or more markets. for example, enchants, gems, pets, mounts, transmog items, materials.
    But there is no way you can make gold without being aware of how those markets work.
    For that you HAVE TO watch AH.

you have to see what is selling, and for how much. To be able to tell the good price form the bad.

AH trading changes, trends change, and you have to be able to figure out what to sell what to buy and what is clearly too hard to trade (various reasons, main is: much richer players, who spend their life in AH)

you CANT make big gold without putting work here. You HAVE to watch AH. Observe it for some time, I d say at the very least 2 weeks.
    then trade here and there in simple markets. then try to deal in more complicated ones.
    It all will change a lot with garrisons, but general rules apply. and 1st rule is - yes, you guessed it right, you HAVE TO watch AH.
    Last edited by mikoslav; 2014-10-27 at 06:19 PM.

This is a really vague question so I will try my best to rephrase it to what I think you wanted to ask.

"what professions in the next expansion will have the highest average rate of return based on materials costs, time spent, supply and demand?"

NOBODY KNOWS. That's 100% the correct answer. Now there could be some speculation based on past history, educated guesses based on patch notes, etc, but the true, reliable, accurate answer to that question in unknown.
    My guess is that a couple google searches resulted in the same thing.
    EVERYONE wants to know what the future economy will do in games or in real life.
    You could have just asked
    "What will the price of Apple stock be 12 months from now?" and gotten the same answer.

There is one thing that will never be simulated in this game and that's a real economy with real people making real decisions.
    The beta tests are a tiny tiny fraction of the player base and they spend gold like it's water since it's not "live" data. It's play money. Well actually it's all play money but it's even more playier than the live play money we all play with.

Now having said all that there are some facts that have been gathered over time that may help you form an educated opinion of said question asked.

1. Crafted gear will have an equip limit of 3 pieces, no more decking out an entire toon from the Auction House
    2. Every class has some glyphs learned automatically making certain glyph sales obsolete.
    3. Gold will be much easier to acquire for everyone, thereby diluting the economy with no basis for that gold.
    4. Justice and Valor points are gone, thereby making gold the defacto currency
    5. Sockets will be more rare, randomly appearing on some gear, thereby lowering the overall demand for gems
    6. There will be new ways to level battle pets with scrolls/stones, like changing the rarity currently, this will lower the overall demand for high level pets
    7. Every garrison can have a mine, barn, herb garden, etc. Previously the tillers farm had less yield at one time.

What does this mean to me?

Less overall need for players to use the AH, to what extent? Who knows, once again depends on demand.

However, in my opinion having made over 1 million gold from the AH during my play time, I see profits down overall with some aggressive sellers still making gold.

It will be the rich get richer, like it always is. Those that play this game as an Auction House game usually make more gold.

Summarized, those that try to make more powerful characters tend to have less overall gold income in my experience.

High end progression raiders don't tend to spend hundreds of hours playing the Auction House, grinding old instances for transmog gear, leveling professions, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    1st rule is - yes, you guessed it right, you HAVE TO watch AH.
    Fortunately with certain tools, you don't have to be in-game to watch the AH. The undermine journal, wow-uction, etc. can provide you with the statistical data you might want to have to analysis previous trends to make an educated guess to which markets are hot.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    This is a really vague question so I will try my best to rephrase it to what I think you wanted to ask.
    "what professions in the next expansion will have the highest average rate of return based on materials costs, time spent, supply and demand?"
    NOBODY KNOWS. That's 100% the correct answer. Now there could be some speculation based on past history, educated guesses based on patch notes, etc, but the true, reliable, accurate answer to that question in unknown.
    Which is basically how stock traders (day traders) work. You have to analyze the market and news and make educated guesses (or do insider trading). The good news is that there is plenty of news (including datamined information) that should help people determine which markets are good/bad.

1. Crafted gear will have an equip limit of 3 pieces, no more decking out an entire toon from the Auction House
    True statement but you're missing the key here is that epic raid level gear requires upgrade tokens which require Savage Blood. So guess what the best market is going to be in WoD for the first 2~3 months? Savage Blood.

5. Sockets will be more rare, randomly appearing on some gear, thereby lowering the overall demand for gems
    Yes sockets are going to be rare but this creates a possible scenario where people will abandon JC so that those who do the "unprofitable" thing of leveling JC will be in prime position to dominate this market. 4k for a gem? Sounds crazy but it could happen.

Additionally, JC can make the non-armor pieces that will contribute the most towards spirit for healers (at least initially). So there are some benefits to keep JC even if they aren't as immediate.

7. Every garrison can have a mine, barn, herb garden, etc. Previously the tillers farm had less yield at one time.
    At the same time, recipes require much more resources to craft. It might be possible to get most things done without using the AH for mats, but unlikely.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.