Deleted

Pink Day in LA - October 25th 2014

It’s that time of year again to don your pink-colored clothing and armor and head to Lion’s Arch in the games of Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 !

If this is your first Pink Day, then sit back and let us explain what it’s all about. Pink Day is a day that Gamers Giving Back ( and the Guild Wars community) sets aside to help raise funds for the Canadian Cancer Society in the name of fighting breast cancer. And, of course, if you do donate to the cause, you’ve a chance to win some pretty neat swag and prizes.

Pink Day in LA Hosting Servers
    With the introduction of Mega Servers there’s now more of a chance to mingle with other Pink Day goers from different same-regional servers! There are multiple mega server hosts setup in case of, well, multiple mega servers spawning as the event goes on. However, home servers are still in charge of putting it all together!

http://pinkday.gamergivingback.com <—official website
    GW-EN radio – http://www.gw-en.com <—-tune in here because this is how the events and prizes will be announced!

The Schedule – Guild Wars 2
    If you will be joining us in Guild Wars 2 on Pink Day, we have plenty of activities to keep you entertained. Most events will be described near the start on-air or in-game, so be sure to keep your ears and eyes out for it!

Here is international event timer: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...12&p1=155&ah=6

All times listed are in Central Standard Time and are subject to change depending on games.
    12:00pm – Kickoff the event on-air with greetings!
    -First Crafting Request
    12:30pm – On-air Interview with the Canadian Cancer Society
    12:45pm – Second Crafting Request
    1:00pm – Start the Pink Day Race
    1:15pm – Third Crafting Request
    1:30pm – Race should still be on-going or we read Results and do the draws
    2:00pm – (pending Race time finishes)
    Fourth Crafting Request
    2:30pm – STRIKE A POSE Competition
    2:45pm – Fifth Crafting Request
    3:00pm – DJ Switches On-air (Refresh Radio Streams if needed)
    3:30pm – Sixth Crafting Request
    4:00pm – DIVING COMPETITION
    Seventh Crafting Request<;i>
    5:00pm – Eighth Crafting Request
    5:15pm – Guild Wars 2-wide Conga Lines / Screenies to Twitter/Facebook or Pink Ribbons and Hearts
    5:30pm – Thank Yous and Final Announcements
    6:00pm – Kick off the After Party!
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2014-10-25 at 10:11 AM.

Again? As if this has been ongoing for years?

This is like the first time I even heard of this gimmick.

Deleted
    ^ What? XD Tiny Fencers has been missing all pink madness. It has been going on since 2007... was a thing in GW1 too. This year might be even easier to put up since now there are megaservers.

Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2014-10-25 at 10:42 AM.

I never even...

10+ Year Old Account
    In 2010 ArenaNet even added a special vendor that only sold pink dye to show support for this organization.

http://pinkday.gamergivingback.com/aboutpd.html

I took part in the 2012 Pink Day celebrations, I even won a mini Pink Moa for my spectacular dive off the LA diving board contest.
    Lots of contest and scavenger hunt type activites. I remember we had a beach party - I've still got pics around somewhere...

(or just search youtube for pink day in LA, there's TONS of videos)
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-10-25 at 01:58 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    So far they have given
    - Infinite light
    - Bolt
    - Lover

Two crafting request have been kept, but I didn't have those disciplines. So I don't know what rewards those gave.

Gathering before start

Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2014-10-25 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who lost their mother to breast cancer this makes me incredibly happy to see. I wish WoW did something like this, lots of guilds change their tabards, but an organized event would be nice.

Deleted
    EU Gandara ending party was very pink. ^_^

Didn't won any legendary prices, but stuff from "diving" and "strike a pose" -events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Again? As if this has been ongoing for years?

This is like the first time I even heard of this gimmick.
    It has, and for quite a while :P
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

What's the whole crafting request thing? The website didn't seem to explain that/I skimmed over it ><

- - - Updated - - -

Annnd I just realized I missed it >< Lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    What's the whole crafting request thing? The website didn't seem to explain that/I skimmed over it ><
    Replying even tho you saw event is already done. In crafting requests they asked us to craft 5 listed items (they told those on stream and map chat). Person who was fastest to send items to DJ/host won. All items were ofc returned.

Prizes of crafting requests were things like Infinite light, Entropy, etc. There were 8 different requests aka one per crafting discipline.

Addition to that they gave items from gem shop and even legendaries as prizes from questions asked on stream. Those questions were something like:
    - How long has pink day been going on?
    - Does breast cancer affect men?
    - Who is Bloody Prince's dad?
    - What is the name of tiny asura riding a golem in latest story?
    - etc

Answers were send as whisper to DJ/host. Before asking question DJ/Host told which of the replies will be winning... aka "replies number 8 and 15 will won on next question".

Then there were ingame events like "Strike a Pose Competition" where you used Box o' Fun' Petrify Mode and tried to get as good pose. Everyone got some rewards from that. My total failure, I miscalculated petrify and ended up just standing, got me 10 Large Icy Bags. My friend got exotic(Monsoon). After everyone had their poses done they gave reward to best pose. Same with Diving Competition, everyone got something (I got ecto from my rolling jump) and after everyone had their jumps done they decided best one and gave extra reward.

On Race event people from guild [PINK] went into their locations in LA and we got first clue on stream/map chat and were told to wave for [PINK] person to get next clue. When you found location from clue and waved to [PINK] person, he/she whispered next clue and trigger to give for next [PINK] person.

And finally two Eternities were raffled between people donating IRL money to Canadian Cancer Society.
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2014-10-28 at 04:04 PM.

Lol lawow74

And thanks Iryne, that's really cool and a neat way to do things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I never even...
    How did you miss pink day in LA in GW1? lol they even added pink dye to the game because of it as a temporary merchant but then made it permanent.

took a quick SS of the dye

Last edited by Lazuli; 2014-11-01 at 06:12 PM.

Deleted
    Awwww Spamadan district 2 so empty ;<

And yeah, I remember Pink Parties in GW1 too. Would post a screenie but cannot find them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    How did you miss pink day in LA in GW1? lol they even added pink dye to the game because of it as a temporary merchant but then made it permanent.
    I am not into doing MMO events. I missed this every year it seemed to have occurred.