Deleted

Centaur are almost non-existent in WoW's lore.

One of the first races you encountered in WoW as Orcs, Trolls and Tauren were the centaur.

They played a major part in the old Barrens (and now in the north Barrens), the thousand needles (before it was flooded) and in the Desolace, yet we have never seen them anymore after that.

They aren't the most interesting race in Azeroth right now, but they have potential imo.
    Do you think we will ever see anything interesting being done with this race in the future?

they arent particularly powerful or formidable so i doubt it but it would be cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would take playable centaurs over pandas any day of week.
    And its kinda shame that "generic" races of azeroth like gnolls, quillboars, centaurs etc have so little presence since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I would take playable centaurs over pandas any day of week.
    Blizzard would just turn them into MLP rip-offs to please that part of the community.

Deleted
    We almost got the mongrel horde expansion instead of WoD, with Garrosh gathering the lesser races of Azeroth to take vengeance on the Alliance and Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    We almost got the mongrel horde expansion instead of WoD, with Garrosh gathering the lesser races of Azeroth to take vengeance on the Alliance and Horde.
    What do you mean almost ? We did get mongrel expansion.

Blizzard would just turn them into MLP rip-offs to please that part of the community.
    God dammit.

Not every race needs a lot of love and attention. What's wrong with having "Sub-Species" that are existent, but don't have much behind them?

Deleted
    They aren't exactly utilized properly no and the excuse we get is that while they are large in numbers the clans are warring and disunited, in WC3 when they first appeared they were shown as a savage horde of mongolian/hun esque raiders. In WoW they're just sort of.. Well, they're in line with Murlocs pretty much. It's one of the few playable races I've always wanted to try because I've honestly never played anything like that, I'd of liked to of seen a faction of them within the Horde.

They'd make the perfect shock troops that's for sure, clad in armour and what else, it's a pity they're negelected as they are. They're up there my most wanted playable race along aside Ogres, Forest Trolls, Nerubians, Arrakoa and the old school WC2/Anasterian style High Elves.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2014-10-25 at 07:35 PM.

Deleted
    In desolace there were two clans you could join but being friendly with one made you the enemy for the other, you had rep bars and all that stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Centaur are just the Horde's Gnolls and Kobold. It's the same reason the lore never focuses on them either.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just put it down to them being near extinction or underpopulated at the moment. They used to be formidable as far as numbers, but when you look at the time that's passed since Warcraft III, how powerful the factions have gotten and what's been happening in those regions it sort of makes sense, at least to me anyway.

It's very unlikely they will get any game involvement and thus any further lore due to the their location in central Kalimdor. It's just not possible to do anything with them without revamping the zones they inhabit (as per Cataclysm).

Much of the game suffers the same problem. Eastern Kingdoms & Kalimdor is where most of the events and lore should be taking place, but it can't because the low level zones are in the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Much of the game suffers the same problem. Eastern Kingdoms & Kalimdor is where most of the events and lore should be taking place, but it can't because the low level zones are in the way.
    Engage excessive phasing!
    ... What? It could work.

Haven't the centaur been like... mostly wiped out? They've been obliterated in Mulgore, obliterated in Durotar, and half of them have been obliterated in Desolace. The only place where they have any remaining presence is the Barrens and really, who gives a shit about the Barrens?

Deleted
    They did play a part in Warcraft III orc campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Haven't the centaur been like... mostly wiped out? They've been obliterated in Mulgore, obliterated in Durotar, and half of them have been obliterated in Desolace. The only place where they have any remaining presence is the Barrens and really, who gives a shit about the Barrens?
    Haven't the orcs been like... mostly wiped out ? They've been obliterated everywhere. Don't pretend things like losing 99% of population matter in warcraft. Centaurs have as healthy population as any other race.

10+ Year Old Account
    the majority of centaurs were wiped out. the greatest number of them live in desolace. desolace is desolate. not many centaurs

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspias View Post
    the majority of centaurs were wiped out. the greatest number of them live in desolace. desolace is desolate. not many centaurs
    Desolace is the center of the Centaurs' population. It houses their 4 largest clans and all their sacred/important places.