Deleted

Is my HDD dying ?

Hi, some times ago my pc suddendly won't boot (stayed on the win logo for ever ) , so i used the repair tool from a bootable usb and it's worked.
    But now it can takes long time to boot or shut down ( ~1min instead of few seconds ) , or normal time. Same if i want to access to files on it, instant access to my movies folder, then 10min to open it next day. I won't speak about playing...

Windows error scan tells everything is good and Hdtune tell me "health status : ok" , but in same time : http://imgur.com/v2Ra8Gg
    Quick scan with Hdtune show me a damaged section, normal scan froze it.
    Here's the use of it when i try to access to something http://imgur.com/Dr6j8sz
    Weird thing, my pc can t boot without my Hdd even if windows 8 is on my ssd.

Thank's for your help !

Could possibly be on the way out. I would think about replacing it, long seek times are definitely a sign that it could be about to shit bricks.

You can't boot without your HDD because you may have put the boot sector on that drive. This is why people say unplug all drives but the one you are installing win on when you install it to ensure the boot sector goes on the same drive as the OS.

1) Crystaldiskinfo will tell you if your hard drive is going out.
    2) check memory- you could have a bad memory that's corrupting your boot sector.
    3) goto task manager and performance and see if your memory or cpu cores are getting slammed to 100%.
    4) check hard drive space andf clean to 25% free space.
    5) start/run- type and enter "msconfig" trun off start programs and services( check mark hide microsoft services first then disable all)
    5) run a cleaner program like Ccleaner and defrag with windows or a defrag program like auslogics.
    6) can try Revounistaller and unistall programs you no longer use or looks like adware/malware.
    7) run a anti virus program---if you don't have one some companies have a 30 day trial(norton, trend micro)
    8) run an adware cleaning program like malware bytes.

that should help.....most likely if hardware it will be hard disk or memory modules. If software malware and viruses...

I had a similar problem until my disk wouldn't even show up on the list. When it did (i was running Ubuntu off a memory stick) I used a disk checker thing that came with Ubuntu and flashed up two error types. I cant remember them now, but it said one was usually a sign of old age, and failure was imminent, and the other error was a bad sector or something.

The replacement drive I got was one of the hybrid seagate solid state 8gb cache, with the 2TB normal HDD. They call it a SSHD. It has a nice speed increase, but not as expensive as a SSD and a storage drive.

with hard disk proplems its more the mechanical issues thats the reason you should replace; sectors being marked bad just means your disk has marked them as non usable. unless you over time see that more sectors are going bad you can still use the hard drive unless you've ruled out everything else.

I use a professional program hard disk sentinel and it has a self test to check mechanical but this free program crystaldiskinfo i don't think has that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its a Seagate drive, Seagate has a diagostic, SeaTools. For internals, SeaTools for DOS is recommended. If it fails the tests, they advise replacing the drive.

Deleted
    First things i did was running ccleaner then scanning my computer, i used windows antivirus, malwarebytes and stinger. Everything clear.
    Cpu or memory aren't at 100%.
    The boot problem is past, i used the boot repair from a win8 usb key with only my ssd plugged then i deleted the boot partition on the hdd.
    I got no problem without the hdd plugged in, it really looks like the problem is only from it.

It's a WD and i'm running the western digital data lifeguard diagnostics right now. Still on warranty for 3 months so i opened a ticket.

Damaged section in hdtune isn't enough to say it's dying ?