resto shamans in 6.0 and WoD

Hey just wondering what you guys think of resto shamans in 6.0 and how you think they will be in WoD. Going to main a healer in WoD trying to find one i like

Deleted
    Resto Druid. Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Resto Druid. Do it.
    This!

First off: I personally think resto shaman is currently the weakest healing class (Level 90!). Mainly because absorbs are way too overpowered for now and our mastery doesn't really do anything, because barely noone ever drops below 80%.

But I have also played Beta from the beginning and I think even at level 100, the shaman is one of the weaker healers. Druid was insanely strong in the beta. Havn't played Beta in the last 2-3 Weeks, but I didn't notice any big changes in the log. If you, for example, compare a Druid's Tranq to a Shamans Healing Tide, you'll see what I mean..

This said, they will maybe change some things in the future, but for now, I personally think shaman's one of the weaker healers and I would reconsider a shaman over another healer only if my raid desperately needs Bloodlust. :P

I agree, my resto shaman feels weak and slow. I went with a haste build and have something like 123% mastery and I can not get off the bottom of the healing meters. It's depressing but I will give it some time in WoD and see but if it doesn't improve I will put him on the shelf. I agree the aborbs are to strong so with no one being very low and the heals not being smart we are just wasting mana for the most part. It is truely sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrizMas View Post
    This!

First off: I personally think resto shaman is currently the weakest healing class (Level 90!). Mainly because absorbs are way too overpowered for now and our mastery doesn't really do anything, because barely noone ever drops below 80%.

But I have also played Beta from the beginning and I think even at level 100, the shaman is one of the weaker healers. Druid was insanely strong in the beta. Havn't played Beta in the last 2-3 Weeks, but I didn't notice any big changes in the log. If you, for example, compare a Druid's Tranq to a Shamans Healing Tide, you'll see what I mean..

This said, they will maybe change some things in the future, but for now, I personally think shaman's one of the weaker healers and I would reconsider a shaman over another healer only if my raid desperately needs Bloodlust. :P
    Who gives a shit at lvl 90?
    Obviously absorbs are out of control right now, with how classes are scaled and mastery is scaled up. seriously why even care about lvl 90 its all about 100 or gtfo

It's too early to tell, nearly every class feels clunky atm.

Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    It's too early to tell, nearly every class feels clunky atm.
    Druid doesn't feel cluncky atm nor does the holy priest.

Quote Originally Posted by PurSisstant View Post
    Druid doesn't feel cluncky atm nor does the holy priest.
    This is pretty accurate. Holy is probably more fun to play too but druids still have the edge in HPS. Shaman is just...kind of a shell of it's former self. High tide will definitely add a bit more decision making to the class but it just isn't nearly as enjoyable as other classes. It makes me sad, I've loved playing my shaman.

I'm able to compete with other healers while beta testing as a Resto Shaman, but it's definitely lackluster and takes way more effort than it should to just pull off "middle of the pack."

Echo of the Elements is the only thing I find myself truly enjoying at level 100 as Resto. The actual level 100 talents are very boring IMO. I especially like how they reversed the "Chain Heal no longer diminishes each jump" change, only to give it back to us as a talent and call it a day.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2014-10-29 at 01:58 PM.