Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    And more stable drivers. I tried Ati once, it sucked. It's like comparing Intel and AMD. One is the premium line, the other is the bargain basement knock-off.
    AMD has actually had pretty stable drivers, there was a time when they had some bad ones, but Nvidia just had one a few months back too.

Dont base your decision off of that. Its all about preference, some have a brand they are loyal too and some don't.

OT, the Maxwell line is the best line out atm. If you got the cash, get it. If not, either of the previous line of cards from AMD and Nvidia are good.

And more stable drivers. I tried Ati once, it sucked. It's like comparing Intel and AMD. One is the premium line, the other is the bargain basement knock-off.
    Its really funny the last few months there where more problems with Nvidia drivers then AMD drivers. But then again u said Ati so you prob just think its cool to hate on everything thats not Nvidia for a decade now. And no comparing AMD and Nvidia is no where near comparing AMD with Intel. AMD and Nvidia trade top rank each gen unlike Intel and AMD.

Deleted
    So where is AMD's answer to the 900 series? First half of 2015 at best is going to leave them trailing badly.
    Last edited by mmoc290cb72e4b; 2014-10-27 at 02:47 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I were the OP, I'd be sooo confused by now with all the bickering.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So where is AMD's answer to the 900 series? There hasn't even been a whisper yet.
    It's perfectly normal for these companies to keep things under wraps until around the time of release. I'm sure AMD has something releasing.

This whole arguing over which is better overall extremely redundant and highly worn out. Majority of people bashing on these kinds of topics tend to be the most uninformed consumers who read a couple forum posts/youtube comments and maybe some biased articles to come up with their "facts" and opinions. To be honest, based on your other posts, you strike me as exactly that.

Coming from someone who is NVIDIA biased just out of preference of sticking to what I know...I'd never say NVIDIA is always better than AMD is every aspect. Do they excel in some cases? Of course. As does AMD in others. Some games perform better on Radeons. Some on NVIDIA. I normally recommend NVIDIA due to, again, me being more knowledgeable in the matter, but I never hesitate to recommend a Radeon when the performance for the price is clearly better for a persons intended uses. My biggest complaint with Radeon is the power consumption, but they have other benefits.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

OP, I have the same processor as you, and used to run with a gtx 550ti.

I brought a gtx770 2gb and have seen a 60+ FPS increase in shrine, and a remarkable increase in 25 man raids (except the dreaded Malc pull!)

Long and short of it, get a better card and yes you will see a increase, obviously I recommend the 770 as I have one, as do a few guildies and we all sing its praises.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

15+ Year Old Account
    So where is AMD's answer to the 900 series? First half of 2015 at best is going to leave them trailing badly.

R9-3xx series is whispered around the net, Just google it and you'll find enough articles to keep you busy for a bit. Like Arbiter said, AMD likes to keep things quiet until they are about ready to release.

I got a refund on a "In stock" GTX 970 that never came. Im glad I did, I'll wait until the AMD flavors come out before making a decision on my next GPU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    R9-3xx series is whispered around the net, Just google it and you'll find enough articles to keep you busy for a bit. Like Arbiter said, AMD likes to keep things quiet until they are about ready to release.

I got a refund on a "In stock" GTX 970 that never came. Im glad I did, I'll wait until the AMD flavors come out before making a decision on my next GPU.
    Then you might as well wait for Nvidia's next answer to Amd's to come new stuff? That is the wrong way of thinking. You either need and buy now unless something really good coming out in 1-2months and you can wait or you don't. Waiting 6months for something....you will wait forever. You know this so....

10+ Year Old Account
    how predictable, someones asked what card they should go for and fanboy amd v nvidia ensues. My advice is go for the best value/performance and hold no bias, thats what i do. I previously had the 7850 overclocked and it performed great for the price, lasted 2.5 years. Reached my upgrade point last month and got lucky as the 970 got released, again great performance value. I expect it to last me another 3 years.

If your gonna upgrade do it properly i say, in for a penny, in for a pound, get good performance value and something that will last. Otherwise you will be looking for upgrade to another mid tier card in 12 months times and spending another £150 or so.
    Last edited by kingpinuk880; 2014-10-28 at 09:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Then you might as well wait for Nvidia's next answer to Amd's to come new stuff? That is the wrong way of thinking. You either need and buy now unless something really good coming out in 1-2months and you can wait or you don't. Waiting 6months for something....you will wait forever. You know this so....
    I would if I needed one desperately, I dont so ....