[Movie] John Wick

Anyone go see it? I will be seeing it on Tuesday. Rotten Tomatos has over 100 critics who rated/reviewed the film and it has an 86% fresh rating at the moment. Super excited that we are getting an ORIGINAL action movie. We don't have enough of those these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Neo beating up Theon Greyjoy! Mind blown!

Looking good though

15+ Year Old Account
    If you like action you will love the movie, the actions scenes are some of the best I've seen in a movie in a long time. They're very smooth mid to long cuts instead of the typical rapid fire cuts, lets you see the actors in action and appreciate the setting their in. Also one of the most badass movies I've ever seen, loved the all star cast, no matter how minor their part was. It's in my top 3 movies of the year. Enjoyed the hell out of it.

One of the good assassin movies out there. I absolutely loved it.

We were going to see it on Saturday, but ended up moving furniture and watching football.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Comes out this Friday here. Going to see it and pretend it's the Last 2 episodes of Cowboy Bebop with Keanu as Spike.

I saw this yesterday, as far as action goes, it's really good! The plot is pretty much a standard action movie revenge plot, with all the associated tropes and trappings, but the movie does it right. That classic action movie setup leads to great action, featuring impressive gunplay often intermixed with hand to hand combat. You get all the classic bits you'd expect in a movie like this(a character other than the protagonist giving a "just how badass is he?" speech, the hidden cache of weapons, the always fun "lock and load montage", etc), quality action(shot rather clearly, not with over the top shaky cam), a fun supporting cast(including Willem DaFoe, David Patrick Kelley of The Warriors/Commando fame, Fringe's Lance Reddick, Dean Winters from L&O SVU, aka the Allstate Mayhem guy, even a small appearance by pro-wrestler Kevin Nash), a VERY high body count(84 supposedly, which puts this one in the lower John Woo/upper Schwarzenegger/Norris/Stallone range)...anyone who's a fan of classic 80's action or Hong Kong "heroic bloodshed" really needs to check this out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I saw this yesterday, as far as action goes, it's really good! The plot is pretty much a standard action movie revenge plot, with all the associated tropes and trappings, but the movie does it right. That classic action movie setup leads to great action, featuring impressive gunplay often intermixed with hand to hand combat. You get all the classic bits you'd expect in a movie like this(a character other than the protagonist giving a "just how badass is he?" speech, the hidden cache of weapons, the always fun "lock and load montage", etc), quality action(shot rather clearly, not with over the top shaky cam), a fun supporting cast(including Willem DaFoe, David Patrick Kelley of The Warriors/Commando fame, Fringe's Lance Reddick, Dean Winters from L&O SVU, aka the Allstate Mayhem guy, even a small appearance by pro-wrestler Kevin Nash), a VERY high body count(84 supposedly, which puts this one in the lower John Woo/upper Schwarzenegger/Norris/Stallone range)...anyone who's a fan of classic 80's action or Hong Kong "heroic bloodshed" really needs to check this out.
    I agree, definitely reminded me of the classics. A fantastic movie, and I like Keanu. I hope he starts getting more fun roles like this.

Also, I fell in love with the suits shown in the movie.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed