Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Am I the only one who hates that we're fotm? (Feral)

I want them to nerf us. I know, what am I thinking, right? I really don't see many ferals in pvp, that is, until now. For example, this one AB i did this morning had 6 ferals on our side, and 5 on the other. I dont mean to come off as a hipster feral, but when all your facing is yourself its kind of annoying. Ive pvp'd in WOD at 100 and we're still ridiculous. I feel like our heals need to be nerfed in half and we'd be balanced. I can't wait for our nerf in the first patch Am I crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbeorn View Post
    Am I crazy?
    Yes. But by all means look forward to the nerfs and not being worth a damn again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want them to nerf us. I know, what am I thinking, right? I really don't see many ferals in pvp, that is, until now. For example, this one AB i did this morning had 6 ferals on our side, and 5 on the other. I dont mean to come off as a hipster feral, but when all your facing is yourself its kind of annoying. Ive pvp'd in WOD at 100 and we're still ridiculous. I feel like our heals need to be nerfed in half and we'd be balanced. I can't wait for our nerf in the first patch Am I crazy?
    Keep in mind that balance seems to be in a bad place right now (pve-wise, and so i would assume pvp-wise too) So alot of them are switching to the other spec.

Im sure wod will be sure to even things out. No sense of getting worked up when WoD isnt even here yet.

They'd have to revert all the defensive CDs they took away.

Now that Feral has been sufficiently dumbed down enough that anybody can play it you better get used to seeing a lot more ferals.

Am I crazy?
    Nope, looking forward to nerfs as well. I hate seeing people playing my class that don't even want to play it they just like looking at meters.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I dunno, I went through all of MoP and I could probably count the number of Feral druids I've seen on my hands.

I don't even remember seeing a single one. Remember what happened with Warlocks when they weren't played much? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Keep in mind that balance seems to be in a bad place right now (pve-wise, and so i would assume pvp-wise too) So alot of them are switching to the other spec.

Im sure wod will be sure to even things out. No sense of getting worked up when WoD isnt even here yet.
    Balance is perfectly fine pve wise so yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see feral ever becoming a popular spec. Granted I have seen a jump in the ferals hanging around shrine, it is still a very underplayed spec. I don't think feral will get too much of a nerfbat. It plays really well at lvl 100 and I'm sure we will see the FotM ferals drop off at the start of WoD. Also it is worth noting that the FotM ferals are very easy to spot compared to a long time feral. I'm still on the fence on if I am going to main my feral or rogue in WoD. Leaning back and forth everyday. Love them both, starting to look like my feral is going to steal my heart for yet another expansion. I like having the offspec in case I want to play around. I still like the skill cap feral has(easier to separate yourself) and rogues just seem to be auto pilot in raids nowadays. Also Lazer kitty and spectral fire kitty ftw!
    Last edited by Lynxx89; 2014-10-26 at 05:51 AM.

Deleted
    There have already been countless nerfs to ferals from MoP to current state.
    Any more nerfs would render the spec useless. Our high damage/healing is because we have shitty defensives.
    Our high mobility is because we have shitty CC.

If they nerfed healing and damage they would have to give back defensives.
    If they nerfed our mobility they would have to give us better CC.

Ferals are fine.

There's a couple other things to keep in mind. For example, there's always a rush of people to resub when a new xpac comes out, so seeing more Ferals around seems likely. Also, the consolidation and relative ease of Feral post-6.0 makes it a much more attractive option in the realm of PvP (and PvE), as it was likely one of the hardest ones to pull off well due to complexity and the sheer number of abilities required to make it work. Along the lines of new xpac times, people tend to try out new classes/specs or revisit a spec after they get overhauls to see how they feel about them. Regardless of the reason, it's still very easy to see the difference between a long-time Feral and a potential FotM Feral.

I wouldn't be too concerned about lvl 90 balance, as the focus is on lvl 100. As it has already been said, Feral healing is powerful because our defensive capabilities otherwise are really lacking (as the argument goes for mobility/CC, too). I think of the healing capabilities of Feral as a utility that's brought to a group, since there really isn't anything else a Feral can provide that's CD-related other than Stampeding Roar.

Also, after Draenor goes live, I half expect a patch with the following note: "Feral bleeds have been nerfed and subsequently buffed back to their original power." C'mon, there's always been an adjustment for Feral bleeds shortly after an xpac goes live, I'd feel lonely without one.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Haha. Slightly crazy, yes :P
    People only dare to play them now, because they have a nuke that satisfy people in pvp. On lvl 100 that will be gone, and you have to be able to play it better to perform with it, and people will stop playing it soon enough.
    As much as people like to say it's dumped down to destro-lvl it's still something that require plenty enough, to set most people off.
    Wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

How are FOTM ferals easy to spot vs a long time feral? thatd be a fun game to play while im trying to gear my alts in random bgs.

Seriously, guys, feral isnt that different at 100. We can still heal people to full in a matter of seconds, our ferocious bite may only do 30% of someones health pool instead of over a half of it right now, but that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it matter? Aren't people allowed to play whatever they want? Who gives a shit about FotM lol. I for one find fun in crushing meters, though I play what I love. Never really saw Feral as an interesting spec, more of a flashy Rogue.

It's just rather silly to want to gimp your own spec because more will play it. Don't be a hipster.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post

are we playing the same game? this is the strongest balance has looked going into an expansion as far back as i can remember and ive played me quite a bit of wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are FOTM ferals easy to spot vs a long time feral? thatd be a fun game to play while im trying to gear my alts in random bgs.
    I am coming from a PvE centered environment. So the differentiation for me would be uptimes, better TF/BT stacking, and using the entire druid toolkit. Seems like the newer re-rolls tend either NEVER shift out of cat form to do anything else or shift way too much and try to be a super hybrid. Finding a balance and knowing when you need to help and be Mr. offheals or Mr. Beartank is what makes a druid shine to me.

The reason most everyone dislikes having their spec be FoTM is competition. More people playing the same thing, competing on a level field for higher numbers, and rolling on the same gear. Another reason that crosses my mind is the newer players of that spec tend to kinda not be all that great. People in general tend to stereotype quickly. I don't want to get labeled subpar as a spec because some FoTM sucked up a raid night pug.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynxx89 View Post
    The reason most everyone dislikes having their spec be FoTM is competition. More people playing the same thing, competing on a level field for higher numbers, and rolling on the same gear.
    Heh, definitely this - warlock since vanilla, and suddenly firelands / pandaria and every guild seemed to go from 1-2 warlocks to 5-6. It was an interesting experience being fotexpac, although I don't appreciate the punishment now with the removal of all the fun toys they added :-(

The competition there didn't really matter so much I guess though, when any warlock beats every other dps you aren't about to bench a warlock, you bench the other dps. For melee there is at least a limit on how many you want to bring, which becomes a problem?

I mained Feral through MoP to pretty decent success. It's kinda cute to see all the kids hopping on my spec now that it's not a complete bitch to compete on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not fussed, buffs and nerfs come and go, feral since vanilla.

I don't play for the numbers or the power, I play because I like the druidic lore and the fact that I'm a goddamn cat. Nothing will ever change that, being FotM certainly doesn't. Not fussed if others want to play it either. I can just try and be better than them.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Lynxx89 View Post
    I don't see feral ever becoming a popular spec. Granted I have seen a jump in the ferals hanging around shrine, it is still a very underplayed spec. I don't think feral will get too much of a nerfbat. It plays really well at lvl 100 and I'm sure we will see the FotM ferals drop off at the start of WoD. Also it is worth noting that the FotM ferals are very easy to spot compared to a long time feral. I'm still on the fence on if I am going to main my feral or rogue in WoD. Leaning back and forth everyday. Love them both, starting to look like my feral is going to steal my heart for yet another expansion. I like having the offspec in case I want to play around. I still like the skill cap feral has(easier to separate yourself) and rogues just seem to be auto pilot in raids nowadays. Also Lazer kitty and spectral fire kitty ftw!
    Right!?

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    are we playing the same game? this is the strongest balance has looked going into an expansion as far back as i can remember and ive played me quite a bit of wow.
    This is MMO champ. The majority of people on here have no idea outside what simcraft tells them..... They don't realize patchwork single target means shit when every boss is 2 bosses split or 3 bosses on 2 platforms. or Massive waves of adds. So they look and go oh Balance is terrible...