Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I had facial reconstruction surgery back in the early 90s. The roughest part was a week later when they removed the packing.
    y u say dis?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Child of Curiosity View Post
    Shut up, you.
    Oh relax, size doesn't matter.

Right girls?

...Right?

And how much did the surgery shabang gig set you back Erin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Appendix removal and tonsil removal. Nothing else. Orthodontics, if it counts.

I wouldn't mind some facial surgery, both for cosmetic reasons (not dissatisfied with my looks but I'd like to get the most out of them) and to help my breathing.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    the anesthetic paralyses them but doesn't knock them out and they can feel everything and like they have this whole surgery thing go down while they are like fully concious and like can feel everything and stuff and that gives me like the worst nightmares.
    I had the same fears then had to have 3 operations within 3 months and got over it...nothing went wrong at all. If you really really can't shake the feeling that it's going to happen you can ask (they may well say no) that you have 1 arm isolated from the anesthetic so that if you indeed are awake you can flex your fist etc to let them know.

Edit: Didn't realise this was a necro, glad you didn't wake up screaming silently in pain

I had one of my three testicles removed. I didn't care if I looked like everyone else in the locker room so much as I desired symmetry.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Once for an appendix that was about to burst (the pain!!!) and once for a broken leg. I LOVED when they put me under, slept like a baby, but now that I'm older I am afraid of it on account of people never waking up again. One lady was having surgery ON HER HANDS, and died.

I am also horribly scared of being sedated, but not enough and that the surgeon would start cutting. This happens every year.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had my tonsils removed, appendix removed, 2 back surgeries and 5 knee operations.

Been a fun few years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Oh relax, size doesn't matter.

Right girls?

...Right?

And how much did the surgery shabang gig set you back Erin?
    The whole everythihng together was about 40k, that includes like food, hotel stay etc

Wtih last year thrown in it's about £60k total. 3 years of salary T_T before tax

I had a knee injury in May of 2009. It was finally diagnosed as a meniscus tear in early October 2011 and I had my surgery on 11/09/11, two days before the Skyrim release. I was knocked out for I don't know how long.

I'm the real "arrow to the knee" joke.

Two weeks after that I had to go for six physical therapy sessions (one per week) then I felt mostly back to normal. I still can't bend it all the way, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Once for an appendix that was about to burst (the pain!!!) and once for a broken leg. I LOVED when they put me under, slept like a baby, but now that I'm older I am afraid of it on account of people never waking up again. One lady was having surgery ON HER HANDS, and died.

I am also horribly scared of being sedated, but not enough and that the surgeon would start cutting. This happens every year.
    I actually woke up on the table. Luckily for me, I woke ALL the way up, so the doctors actually knew. And VERY luckily for me, I was numb from the chest down, and looped out of my mind. Apparently this actually happens a lot, and what's rare is remembering it.

I recall moving, and nurses swooping in to hold me still so that I couldn't fuck up my surgery. I asked the doctor "Should I be awake right now?", and he asked "Do you WANT to be?" The answer was 'no', and they very quickly put me back out.

Then I woke up post-surgery with my pain meds mostly gone, basically unable to breathe because my chest muscles were stapled together and spasming against my lungs, which was fun.