Warlock WOD Professions & Garrisons

Hey guys,

I was thinking about this for a couple of days now and I was wondering what professions I should pick and choose for progress raiding now that most don't offer in-combat perks anymore. I want to figure out what the best 2 professions for raiding in WOD. If someone could please list his/her opinion and why in an organized way, do so. I would appreciate that.

Also, what garrisons do you guys recommend?

-Stress

Deleted
    It doesn't matter anymore. Have tailoring on some character (alt, main, whatev) for easy access to pre-raid crafts, maybe insciption on a couple chars to churn out DM cards for fun and profit, an alchemist for your pots and flasks... but this is all the normal stuff you have anyway. Which of these you have where (alt, main, whatever) doesn't matter anymore. You can be a mining/herbalism lock and still be just as viable in a raid.

Re garrisons - that also doesn't matter THAT much. Have some source for savage blood (barn on main, alts, again - doesn't make a difference, I'll probably put it on all chars). There is loot you can obtain from Garrison missions, true, but acquisition rate (and the time it takes to level your posse enough for useful items to start dropping) make it so that if you are in a remotely decent guild, you will be long done with progress and mostly geared anyway before you start seeing those pieces.

I guess the only 2 *really* useful things you should get is the one free seal (saves you some gold or honor or whatever each week) and maybe mage tower for easier and faster world travel in Draenor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stressful View Post
    I want to figure out what the best 2 professions for raiding in WOD. If someone could please list his/her opinion and why in an organized way, do so.
    That's the exact mentality that caused them to remove combat perks. It doesn't matter what you have now. Find something you like, either aesthetically or it makes something useful that you don't have to buy off another, or is just fun (*cough*Engineering*cough). There is no "2 best professions". There is no spreadsheet about numbers going into infinitismal detail about single-digit percentages. There is only a choice now, and only you can make it for yourself.

Like Rurts said, in terms of the Garrison, the seal and Mage Tower can be helpful, but you are also giving up things like the once-a-day Demolisher you can bring around Draenor and even into Ashran. It's all about choices now, not numbers.

Deleted
    Because nobody else is giving you a good answer.

Tailoring and Enigneering.

Tailoring has the craftable gear and the upgrade items(which I think will be bop). Engineering has some useful perks and toys. Although I believe most of it is now BoE. Also the inscription trinket will be good and can also be upgraded.
    Last edited by mmocbda1070cab; 2014-10-26 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shumjum View Post

Tailoring has the craftable gear and the upgrade items(which I think will be bop). Engineering has some useful perks and toys. Although I believe most of it is now BoE. Also the inscription trinket will be good and can also be upgraded.
    I'm the same here. Going for both since it offers more perks to a Warlock such as Tailoring cloaks, and Engineering just because it is fun.

It literally does't matter any more. There is no best. There is no profession combo that's going to give you that extra 0.01% damage that you need to do whatever it is you need that boost for.

That said, I'm taking double gathering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shumjum View Post

Tailoring crafted gear is not BoP it's BoE. I also have tailoring & engineering on my lock, tailoring for gear (640ilvl epics), engineering for gadgets like jeeves, portable mailbox, nitroboots ( nerfed ), glider and stuff. I had those two even before they nerfed profs and I am planning to stick to them. Also have inscription on my pala alt and gonna lvl blacksmithing probably. Inscription for cards / 640ilvl epic weapon and blacksmithing to make some easy cash from
    selling 640ilvl epic plate stuff.
    Lvling a druid right now also, will put alch and LW on him, alch for easy pots/flasks/transmutes and LW (yh you know it) to make some easy cash.

I would also recomend to have a farming character (with mining & herbalism) to get easy access to seeds and stuff that will be needed for dailys in your garrisons farm & mine.
    Other then having all profs on the same realm I don't see any possible benefit other then gold income...

10+ Year Old Account
    Others have allready explained there is no best in professions, so I'll leave that. Garrisons are similarly much up to your own choice. Only thing I'm personally certain of is that I'm getting a Barn, and I'm leveling that up a.s.a.p. It gets you materials for Tailoring and/or LW at first, then adds materials for the best food, then adds materials for the best crafted gear. With all those benefits it's pretty much the only mandatory building I could find.

That said, even the barn isn't THAT mandatory. If you aren't a tailor or LW, are happy with normal food, and aren't expecting to use much crafted gear then the Barn might not be that interesting to you. Even then though, the Bloods you get with the Barn will sell for a pretty penny most likely, so it might still be very much worth it.

Sort of personal plan I made when Garrison buildings were more or less final was: Small: Tailor, Enchanter, Storehouse (for more work orders and thus more production). Medium: Barn, Lumber Mill. Large: Barracks, Dwarven Bunker (Or War Mill for you filthy Horde). I need to look on Beta if these still do what I think they do and if this really is the best plan, but this seems to best suit my needs.

I'll get my alt DK to set up the Stables so I can get mounts and Jeweler for my gems and my alt Rogue set up shop for my flask needs, and that's about it what I need. Plan to have my 2 alts in Draenor wih basic Garrison and profession buildings in the first week, so they can get daily mats from Mine/Herb Garden and start on their professions. And that's about it in terms of plans. I have 2 Scribes, but the trinkets don't really seem to be worth all the trouble of getting 2 more alts into Draenor with their own Garrison and profession building to make and sell them. Blizzard very cleverly hid all profession progress behind a good amount of playtime in Draenor, so there's no easy way to get in on the trinket action.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    , Storehouse (for more work orders and thus more production).
    Work Orders are now 4 hours each and fire off one after another. With the lvl 2 buildings you're already looking at 14 work orders = 56 hours of production. Storehouse for more work orders is only useful if you don't plan to log in for days with a char, but still want work orders to continue.

Or if you like having a bank + guildbank in your garrison. Then the Storehouse is nice.

Oh and if you're planning to use a lot of alts to get to the work order achievements quickly. For instance for the Barn you need 125 barn work orders account wide. With the storehouse on alts you can get a few more work orders preloaded to tag the achievement a day or so earlier. Worth it for the very high end raiders and goldfarmers to get Savage Blood production up asap. Useless for everyone else though.

If you do not have alts, I would go with crafting professions as your primary professions so that you can churn out more of the mats with the daily cooldown.

IE My warlock is a JC and a scribe. With those professions, right off the bat, I can make 5 taladite crystals and 5 warpaints per day (this increases as I skill up) on top of what I rake in from my garrison buildings. That means I can craft gear much more quickly. This does require you to have at least a gathering alt (or gold to buy enough ore/herb for the daily CD) so that you can send the necessary amount of herbs/ore over to do the daily CD (the starting mine will not be enough).

This strategy worked well on beta, so I'm keeping it for live.