Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    On that detail, if she was in her friend's car and then "told the driver to stop, and she jumped out and the guy couldn't get out in time" doesn't that mean she left her friend with this weird creeper pushy guy? What happened to the friend and the dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    ...she needs to stop being a victim.
    Mmmhmm. You always have a say in what's going on to you when you're an adult. Some guy getting grabby? Scream rape. If he touches you inappropriately you CAN call the cops. No means no and colleges are big on pushing that stuff now so I bet she could even go to the college if she knows his name.

Also it sounds like she makes poor choices. If she's in a committed relationship she shouldn't be going to douchy frat parties or whatever. If that's something she wants to do then she has to expect this sort of stuff to happen. Women don't go to those just to stand around and the men there are looking to score. Everyone makes choices and she doesn't seem to understand where here choices are going to lead her before it happens. Or maybe she's doing mind games with you and wanted you to get jealous. I don't know her or you and we're only getting her side of the story via you.

Either way she needs to be smarter about where she goes.

I wouldn't bother with this post but since I'm drunk I'll give it a go. First of all, what's making you all weird is testosterone. Learn to control it, it can make you do crazy stuff that you might regret some day, trust me. Now, onto the girl... The only reason you're feeling insecure is because you have doubts about your relationship. If you didn't have doubts, she could hump the whole neighborhood and you wouldn't care because you'd know she'd come back to you. So you have 2 options, learn to control your emotions and trust that she won't cheat on you and will handle herself (It's not like you can punch the guy remotely). And the 2nd option, which is the one you probably don't want to hear, is to just break up and get a new girl near you which you can watch over and be all alpha male around.

TL;DR: You're high on testosterone, learn to control it and let her be or dump and alpha male all over a new chick.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsardion Vaergrim View Post
    I go to college in New Hampshire, and my girlfriend of 2 years goes to college in Georgia. We have an incredible relationship. She's my best friend, I'm hers, we're literally perfect for each other and long distance is no problem. We talk all day every day (be it text or skype), and there isn't an ounce of distrust.

Tonight, though, she went out with her friends. Naturally, whenever she goes out I have an inherent insecurity without another guy even looking at her and me not being able to do anything about it. She's an absolutely gorgeous human being, and she's one of those girls where if you saw her in public, she'd make your head turn, and if youre one of those douchey college types, you'd try everything to get with her. That's where my problem starts.

When she was out tonight, she texted me saying "I'm sorry, I couldn't do anything." A few texts later, I find out a guy walked up to her, put his arm around her, and started to caress her in the middle of her talking to friends. She said all she could do was slap his hand away and walk away. She got in a friend's car to go somewhere else, and the guy forced himself into her car and tried to put his arm around her. She told the driver to stop, and she jumped out and the guy couldn't get out in time. For the first time in two years, someone tried to take her from me.

I don't go down to see her for another month and a half, so I just thought I'd break him when he least expected it. I'm 6'1", lean, athletic, and (this is going to sound corny as hell), and I have a warriors mentality and won't stop a fight until one of us is unconscious. But then I simply ask "alright, how big is this guy." and she responds. "That's why I couldn't do anything, he's 6'7" and 200 pounds.

Do you know how helpless that makes me feel? My woman, a person I am supposed to make feel safe no matter the circumstances, and protect her from everything that can harm her, was advanced on by a man that's a half a foot taller than me, and has 50 pounds on me. I can't do anything. I'm 1200 miles away, and she felt unsafe, and I'm sitting up here helplessly. I feel emasculated. I feel worthless. I feel like I'm not worthy of her because I could protect her.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone on MMO-champ possibly have some advice for me?
    [IMG]http://i3.minus.com/ibwgnsTscxwOLs.jpg[

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lohkay View Post
    I wouldn't bother with this post but since I'm drunk I'll give it a go. First of all, what's making you all weird is testosterone. Learn to control it, it can make you do crazy stuff that you might regret some day, trust me. Now, onto the girl... The only reason you're feeling insecure is because you have doubts about your relationship. If you didn't have doubts, she could hump the whole neighborhood and you wouldn't care because you'd know she'd come back to you. So you have 2 options, learn to control your emotions and trust that she won't cheat on you and will handle herself (It's not like you can punch the guy remotely). And the 2nd option, which is the one you probably don't want to hear, is to just break up and get a new girl near you which you can watch over and be all alpha male around.

TL;DR: You're high on testosterone, learn to control it and let her be or dump and alpha male all over a new chick.
    I don't even think he's high testosterone. He's just talking a good game. Tough guys don't talk like that. They don't say things like "Yeah, I have a warrior's mentality" /sunglasses. And "I don't stop until one of us is unconscious." /sunglasses. And they don't feel threatened by every guy looking at their chick. I have a feeling this story is highly, highly embellished.

Infracted - no meme responses
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-10-26 at 01:01 PM.

My advice is get over it. People will try and hit on girls no matter what. There's lots of lonely guys, and guys who don't give a shit. You can't freak every time it happens. That's being clingy and isn't good for your head or the relationship. Only thing to do is trust her until there's good reason not to. You can't control her or what happens to her. If she asks you to intervene then do so, but otherewise I would suggest to not think you are in possession of this girl.

Deleted
    You can't take down a 6'7, 200lbs guy? You must not have heard of the old 'screwdriver to the knee' trick.

There is no advice I can give. You feel helpless because, well, you ARE helpless. You're almost a thousand miles away from her. She cares enough to tell you about it and she cares enough to value your relationship over getting laid, so you've got that going for you, which is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I honestly never understood people with the mentality with things like "omg bro, you hit on my girl bro. prepare to die. im even going to give you a swirly".
    In what world is putting your hands all over someone else's partner the same thing as hitting on them?

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    she is not your Woman you dont own her
    there is a special place in hell for people who argue semantics for no fucking apparent reason other than to just say HEY I WAS TECHNICALLY RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING TODAY WOOHOO

Well you know what? YOU'RE NOT FUNNY OR WITTY OR EVEN TECHNICALLY RIGHT

JUST UNPLUG YOUR ROUTER AND SMASH IT

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post

This is a picture of Steve Nash, he is 6'3" and 180 pounds. I felt this was very relevant to help the viewers of this thread to imagine two toothpicks fighting a Warriors battle, until one of them splinters and snaps.
    Can't stop laughing =D

it's true tho

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but the "break his face mentality" will only get you into jail and there you'll truly see what "emasculated" and "helpless" means.

Then again, it's impossible to get those you love under your full protection and supervision ALL the time. Sometimes it's just smarter to let them deal with troubles too. This is a cruel world and people(no matter man or woman) should learn how to stand up for themselves. Just suggest her calling the police. No need to do something stupid , you're young and you have your whole life ahead of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me like his actions could be categorized as sexual harassment. Have her talk to some one at school and report it. If he keeps it up get his ass kicked out of school.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Deleted
    Cynicism says your relationship won't last regardless

pepper spray or mace, she can report the guy as a sex offender as well if he tries to rape her again.

you dont need to do anything. get her some defense weapons and let her handle herself. also make sure her friends get some mace too or a taser just incase.

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post

This is a picture of Steve Nash, he is 6'3" and 180 pounds. I felt this was very relevant to help the viewers of this thread to imagine two toothpicks fighting a Warriors battle, until one of them splinters and snaps.
    You won the thread, lol.

There was one douche who tried to steal your girlfriend. He didn't succeed because your girlfriend didn't let him. There's nothing more to it. This is not your fault and you can't feel responsible for this.

There's always a couple of douchebags in the world who act like that. There's always some men who feel like the can get (and deserve to get) any woman they want. They will always exist and there's nothing you or anyone can do to stop this.

ps. Please don't fight with every next douchebag who tried to hit on your girlfriend. That won't end well for anyone.

Deleted
    Thread reminds me of a woman screaming "LEAVE IT BARRY HE AINT WORTH IT"

Deleted
    No ammount of weapons is going to help if she doesn't use them.
    Twist his arm, kick his balls or scratch his eyes out. She does have arms and legs, right?

And find yourself a new girlfriend, it's already over, even if you two don't want to admit it.
    Why? Because a present anyone is better than an absent god.

Whatever you do, DON'T try to beat him unconscious as some form of petty revenge. That's never, never the right solution, ever. After the fact, there's nothing you can do except report it to the police if she wants. But never should you just walk up to some guy on the street and start punching him. Don't let Hollywood fool you, he doesn't have to "press charges" if someone witnesses it, though he's well within his rights to. Premeditated assault is a criminal offense and you will face prison time.

Now, if you're there and he's actively trying to rape her, sure, go to town. Just don't kill him over it, you'll definitely go to prison for that too. (Usually "don't kill someone" wouldn't be part of my advice, but you seem like a pretty live wire who needs to be reminded of simple things like that.)

10+ Year Old Account
    So much insecurity... Immaturity too.

The girl needs to report the incident..
    OP needs to stop classifying his gf as his property, plus has to develop trust. Else it'll fail anyway.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You need to stop being so insecure and she needs to stop being a victim.
    To expand on this a little.

the fellow was clearly just trying to hit on her and w/e. His actions seemed like they were something probably impulsive and seemingly 'fun'
    If you guys have been in a relationship for 2 years and it's all going well, an event like this is just a shrug off the shoulder. Sure you cant do shit about it and that's something that sucks with something long distance. Its about trusting each other, doing the right thing and ya's will get through it.

I wouldn't go and say you're not worthy, heck 2 years is a long time and you're what, 18? 20?

When she's out with her mates, shuffling about doing what she does, you're helpless, powerless.. you literally cant do shit excuse my french.
    You have to be able to trust the people around her to make sure she doesn't get into shit because 1200 miles away let's face it, you're not going to just waltz up there and smack this guy out. Even if you were, rarara.

As other peeps said, Police and self defense would probably be the other answer.

but yeh, dont go putting yourself down it's just something you've to accept with what you have
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.