Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Lightbulb Who is your favorite female lead character of a show?

Mine would have to be Avatar Korra. From the legends Of Korra show she just opened me up to so many more shows that had female leads. I usually characterized female lead shows as just a stupid love triangle with nothing fun in them, but after this show i never realized how much i could fall in love with a single character. I would really like to know other peoples favorite shows that have a female lead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnum View Post
    Mine would have to be Avatar Korra. From the legends Of Korra show she just opened me up to so many more shows that had female leads. I usually characterized female lead shows as just a stupid love triangle with nothing fun in them, but after this show i never realized how much i could fall in love with a single character. I would really like to know other peoples favorite shows that have a female lead.
    I was just about to come in and ask, "Do cartoons count? Because I love Korra's character and development!"

Looks like they do

Daria and Cardcaptor Sakura.

Special mention has to go to Yotsuba, despite being a comic.

I love Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan from Bones.

I love her character, and the way she plays her, very different from many other female roles.

I enjoy her quirky personality, but also the development of her character from the first season being quite cold and clinical to present where she has softened out. (but not too much , she can be very biting lol love it!)

Deleted
    Jim Lahey, trailer park boys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Homura Akemi <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I really need to say? It should be obvious by now

<----

but for non anime, I will agree with Temperence Brennan. She;s awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post

I love her character, and the way she plays her, very different from many other female roles.

I enjoy her quirky personality, but also the development of her character from the first season being quite cold and clinical to present where she has softened out. (but not too much , she can be very biting lol love it!)
    I was just about to type the exact same thing :P I love Bones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    I was just about to type the exact same thing :P I love Bones.
    Me too <3 It's my guilty pleasure, many of my friends dislike it, think it's too cheesy, but I love it, the characters/actors are fab, enough comedy but not overboard and well it has David Bananas (Boreanaz) ...from my Buffy and Angel loving days, what's not to love?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, if we were supposed to include a non anime one, then i would have to say, I think it would be Bo from Lost Girl, i liked her acting alot

Deleted
    If we do not count anime's then I have to say Agent Scully from X-files.

claire danes/carrie mathison on homeland.

Katee Sackhoff as Starbuck in Battlestar Galatica
    Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha in Vikings
    Karen Gillan as Amy Pond in Doctor Who
    Christina Hendricks as Joan Harris in Mad Men

Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell
    Robin Sena in Witch Hunter Robin
    Seras Victoria in Hellsing
    Erza Scarlet in Fairy Tail

When they finally get around to making/finishing it whoever plays Violet in the TV series of Rat Queens.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2014-10-11 at 10:19 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

and the princess from princess bride.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    People saying Korra should just die...her character development is terrible.

That said, none jump to mind at this point...a lot of characters in shows/anime/cartoons, but I can't recall a good lead character. I suppose that's just because the industry likes a strong female support over a lead.

I gotta chime in with the Brennan love. She's kickass and wonderful and I love how she doesn't ever try to downplay her intelligence and other good qualities--she knows she's the best, and she sees no logical reason to pretend she isn't. Bones is good with female characters in general--I know we're talking about lead characters here, but I love Cam, too. Not so much an Angela fan, but even she has her moments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Erza Scarlet in Fairy Tail
    I used to like Fairy Tale before it became tits > story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post

She's one of my favorite female tv characters as well. But I liked her more in the earlier seasons; at one point her adorable social awkwardness became outright stupidity.

My favorite female lead to this day is still Phoebe Halliwell (played by Alyssa Milano) from Charmed. All of the ladies on the show are absolutely fantastic, but Phoebe has that extra something; she went from the carefree little sister to the mediating middle sister, while still maintaining her humour and wits. Love her!
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    For me it's Korra as well. And she's not just my favourite female character, but my favourite character of all. Her character development is one of the best I've ever seen and with each new episode I love her more and more.

Deleted